Nate Weiss: Youth Development at VfB-Stuttgart

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by dukefan27, Feb 11, 2008.

1. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Osnabruck are in the 3rd division. Wouldn't be a bad place to go.

2. nswsoccer

nswsoccer Member

Aug 16, 2002
    FLorida
    Hi everyone.. I thought I would update you all to my whereabouts at the moment. I have been in Germany training with some teams after the swedish season. I know maybe it seems strange to go to ANOTHER country, but since I was a kid I always wanted to play here, so I jumped at the chance. **I was training with Osnabrück for a while, but the coach was fired while I was there so things got complicated. **However I still have a chance to go back after the season if I perform well enough. **I just wanted to get my foot in the door here and get playing ASAP, so I signed with an Oberliga team. I signed with an option so next season if they get to regionalliga I will stay with them. In Bavaria the top 9 teams will go to regionalliga, so there is a good chance. The team I'm with is called "FSV Urlangen-Brück".

This American company IFX SOCCER helped me get all of my visa problems sorted so that I can get started playing quickly. They have also helped me negotiating with the club have been helping me with that. I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone aspiring to go to Germany, I think it's a good way to get in.
    I decided to continue the video updates, with the thought that people would like to see what it's like here. I also have someone who can film
    the training so it's even more in-depth. **There should be something on yanks-abroad soon, but I figured I would let you all know here.
    here is a video plug for the vlog.**

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLo6rj4zBX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Yanks Abroad Reality TV - YouTube[/ame]

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Congratulations, Nate, and best of luck.

4. nswsoccer

nswsoccer Member

Aug 16, 2002
    FLorida
    this kind of stuff isn't possible to get reported, but in case
    anyone out there wants to know.. today I passed my UEFA c license course in German after only being here 4 months and not speaking German before I came. So next season in Germany I will play for a better club, and also coach a youth team
    as well... in case anyone out there wanted to know!

visca ussoccer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2wI4GoxOY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Silence the Critics - YouTube[/ame]

5. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Congratulations!

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. xsosx

xsosx Member

May 27, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo repped this.
  8. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff.

Q: Do you think you'll ever be called up to get a cap?

A: I was actually moments away from it... when i played in Latvia we got to the 2nd qualifying round of Europa league. We played .fk molde from Norway, and if we won we would play Stutgart in the next round. We played home and away in Norway, and lost 2-2 on away goals... before the 2nd game against molde my agent called me to say he was contacted by ussf and that if we advanced i would be called into the next national team camp. We ended up not making it through, and a week later i tore he ligaments in my ankle while playing in a friendly against rubin kazan from Russia. My chance disappeared pretty quickly... however i hope to have another

9. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Eh, I'm slightly skeptical that this is the whole truth...but cool IAmA nonetheless.

10. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, it is dubious. Why would a decision on a player be made on how his team does in two specific matches? Either the player is good enough or he isn't.

Who knows, maybe it was the agent who was feeding him nonsense.

12. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    maybe he meant if we didn't go through? It could've been a scheduling conflict if his team had advanced. He made it seem like the injury was the thing that prevented him from getting called up.

13. DearGodNotBornstein

Aug 16, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also said the 3. Bundesliga was better than MLS... I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Testudo repped this.
  15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    He is now a fitness coach for the team, I believe.

Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Testudo repped this.
  17. CornellBigRed

CornellBigRed Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Rye Brook, Westchester
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, UEFA B license already? Isn't that pretty advanced?

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @bungadiri @Friedel'sAccent Now that he's coaching, let's move him to YA Academy.

Perhaps a new title, too:

Nate Weiss: Point Man at DFB-Stützpunkt

bungadiri repped this.
  20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    It's the second lowest coaching license of the German FA.

The German license are:
    C license (counts as UEFA B license) - coach is allowed to coach Oberliga or lower and lower level youth soccer
    B license (counts as UEFA B license) - coach is allowed to coach Oberliga or lower as well as work at youth academies or a DFB-Stützpunkt
    A license (counts as UEFA A license) - coach is allowed to coach Regionalliga or lower or in the youth Bundesligas
    Fußballlehrer license (counts as UEFA Pro license) - coach is allowed to coach at pro teams (3. Liga and above) or become the director of a youth academy

The C to A license each all take less than a month to complete, Fußballlehrer takes one year.

UniversalAdvice, Gorky and Winoman repped this.
  21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danke.

22. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bungadiri repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like he's taking a bigger role at Stuttgart:

sakibomb523, Winoman and UniversalAdvice repped this.