Nasuhi-Noah Jones at RB Leipzig

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    This seemed interesting enough not to put on the Detective Work thread. He calls himself a German-American at Red Bull Leipzig on his Instagram profile:

https://www.instagram.com/noah.jones14/

I couldn't easily find him on the RB site, which has youth team pages updated for this season.

He definitely exists. Transfermarkt and the DFB say he's an '02.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nasuhi-noah-jones/profil/spieler/508960

https://datencenter.dfb.de/profil/370362

Past clubs include Wolfsburg and apparently also SC Paderborn.

https://www.werder.de/aktuell/news/junioren/20162017/lz-aktuell/lz-aktuell-05122016

ShaftBrewer and Winoman repped this.
  2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did a double-take when I first read that. I thought it said Norah Jones. :)

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  5. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread title updated.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like he's going to be a RB U17 player, not surprising given that oldest eligible are 02 and he's a 02.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's his 1st and last season eligible for the U17 and RB U17 have played 3 games so far and 3/3 Jones didn't play.

makes one wonder if he's injured?

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    UniversalAdvice repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    finally returned from a long term injury and played 60 min in a 2-0 loss. Was his 1st RB U17 game.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    played full game today in a 1-1 draw with Tennis Borussia Berlin U17.

doesn't have much time left this season before he's done with U17.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the following 2 games he played only the 1st half in the 1st game and only 4 min over the weekend.

TM has him signed until 2020 with RB Leipzig but it doesn't seem like it'll go well for him in U19 next season. Not 1st choice in U17 is always a bad sign when going unto U19. The Norwegian 01-Holmes for one is still U19 eligible next season and not counting transfers into U19 during the Summer.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    scores his 1st U17 goal in a 3-1 win, scoring the winning goal.

Winoman repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    off the bench scoring his 2nd of the season in a 5-1 win vs HSV U17.

he scored vs a 10 men team.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    scored a goal in a 3-1 win in final game of the season.

ends the season at 3 goals and 1 assist in 10 games. Although assists don't count today's game.

BostonRed repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will have tough competition as he moves to RB Leipzig U19.

I have my doubts about him lasting at RB Leipzig. He already has 01-Holm and 02-Borkowski (1st choice CF in U17) and then there are like 3 strikers coming up behind Jones that are 03s.

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Called up for the US U17s:

FORWARDS (6): Jack de Vries (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.), Tyler Freeman (Sporting Kansas City; Shawnee, Kan.), Andres Jasson (New York City FC; Greenwich, Conn.), Noah Jones (RB Leipzig/GER; Berlin, Germany), Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders FC; Kent, Wash.), Griffin Yow (D.C. United; Clifton, Va.)

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-with-28-player-training-camp-in-carson-calif

Gorky and Winoman repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not even sure based on what he was called up to the USA? He's currently just a bit player, wasn't 1st choice either last season in U17 nor this season in U19. Pretty much what I posted above is accurate, he's the 3rd choice CF for U19 and RB Leipzig seems to like the 03 CFs they have at their club. Seems like the clock is ticking.

honestly if I was him max Summer 2020, I would jump ship to another club. Leipzig has no II team and have promoted 0 players to the 1st team. Not only that but any promotion is more likely to happen to someone who at the min is a starter.

18. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man,this is over-the-top commentary about his quality and future. U17s fall into any number of categories. Most never make it to the Bigs. Some make to MLS level. Some have already plateaued; some are still rising. Think Sergino Dest. Maybe this kid is another diamond in the rough, but maybe not. Time will tell accurately; BS will not.

Sandon Mibut and FC Tallavana repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure how discussion someone's current club situation is over thetop commentary about someone's quality? And the point of a thread is to discuss player and his club too...... The whole point is that he's missing crucial dev time at his young age and is a bit player at a the club. He got injured last season for good chunk and wasn't 1st choice even before injury and now he's still not 1st choice. You think Butler/Hawkins staying at Bayern where they were bit players would have helped them? Nope, them leaving and being 1st choice at their current clubs is what is helping them. Getting close to 1/3 of the season already being over too.

striker was always the outfield player that is the hardest to dev and imagine barely playing.

he's also not a U17 player, he's a U19 club player and the U17 WC is always late due to it being the following season but as a 02 he's more of a U18 NT player in this season.

PhillyFury, Gacm32 and don Lamb repped this.
  20. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is apparently set to leave RB Leipzig on July 1st.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    good move to leave on his part. There is no reason to stay at Leipzig U19 if you will never make the 1st team and likely to barely play, you will just screw your own career and make it harder to find a new club post U19.

Borkowski same age group made his 1BL debut and Nagelsmann praised him a lot and wants to see more of him. Still U19 eligible too.

then with Ohio, Coco and Novoa moving up from U17, he has 0 chances to even play much in U19. More CF competition in U19 next season than the past one.

I'm sure a lot of clubs would be interested to have more CF depth.

22. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Winoman repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to TM,
    St Pauli, Magdeburg, FC Nurnberg and Brentford were all interested in him.

I'm pretty + 4/4 were for youth levels, the German clubs were likely for U19 squads.

Swiss 2nd division isn't high level but it's not youth levels and that could have been the main factor besides the coach convinced him.

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts in cup match: