NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson, folks...

Discussion in 'NASL' started by xbhaskarx, Dec 7, 2015.

1. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 xbhaskarx, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    While Garber does like 20 slick interviews in a 24 hour period, Bill Peterson posts this on Twitter:

[​IMG]

That's the type of nonsense you expect to see on Facebook from that new age aunt who has never done anything with her life...

The four responses on Twitter:

- Have you tried this in other languages? The results are fascinating. I wonder if they adjust their priorities accordingly...? [Peterson has cracked the code for the development of value systems within cultures, it all depends on whether the numbers representing various words add up to 100% or not]

- Why are they percentages? [maybe they're dollars and NASL expansion fees are based on the sum of the numbers that represent the club name]

- Brilliant! That should be on the wall of every clubs Academy as a reminder of what it takes! #Motivation [hashtag blessed hashtag hardwork hashtag JustAduIt]

- for gods sake please tel Atlanta folks something so they can fish or cut bait. [who cares about soccer dude, we're dealing with more important issues here!]

"OR MAYBE IT'S GENIUS!"

Scenes from the Bill Peterson biopic:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  2. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A truly stunning topic

The One X repped this.
  3. socceralpha

socceralpha New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Hm... I see just one reason why this would not be totally ridiculous and embarrassing for a commissioner: he is making fun of something. Unfortunately I have no clue what he could be alluding to.

4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    And BULLSHIT is 103, but who's counting?

5. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #5 Prosoccercdn, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    You made a new topic for this, seriously? What a waste of a thread.

6. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Explains all the attitude he's been giving MLS I guess.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  7. Cirris

Cirris Member+

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Bill Peterson is wrong. We all know he's running on 111% which is "I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y"

TheJoeGreene, USFootiefan1980 and artml repped this.
  8. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Odds are it wasn't actually Peterson who posted that.

9. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he certainly must have looked at it and approved of it or else it wouldn't have been posted to his NASL twitter account.

10. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys take this way too seriously

The One X repped this.
  11. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the U.S soccer off season where little things get a lot of attention. :)

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  12. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Especially when you enrage the fanboys by criticizing their fearless leader :D

DanGerman repped this.
  13. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Extremely doubtful. If you were the CEO or Commissioner of an organization would you want to be bothered by your PR department, or ghost writer, every 5 minutes to get a twitter post approved?

14. DanGerman

DanGerman Member+

Aug 28, 2014
    New York City
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So conversely when the official NASL commissioner twitter account post something thought and intelligent its also the work of the PR dept then, or are we just attaching the crazy ones to the PR dept?

15. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    I'm sure occasionally he does actually post to it, but I have no idea which ones are his and which are not. The overwhelming majority of them most likely are not his though no matter how intelligent or dumb they may be.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  16. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  17. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Just the crazy ones ;)

Now if I were the CEO or Commissioner of an organization, I surely wouldn’t give underlings access to the login ID and password for MY twitter account, much less allow them to post on said account (and thereby represent me and the organization) without my permission.

If someone got my info and did do it - I’d immediately fire them, I’d fire anyone else who had a hand in allowing it or even knew about it, and I’d immediately remove the tweet. But I guess that's just me....

xbhaskarx repped this.
  18. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 Sam U El, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Chatting with NASL commissioner Bill Peterson as league kicks off sixth season on Saturday

[​IMG]

(NM): It does seem like the league has grown in reputation fairly quickly. Obviously, the Cosmos help this, but why do you think its leapt in rep?

(BP): “We have an advantage in the fact that this is the NASL and it had this incredible history here in the late 60s and 70s. There are still people I meet every week whose father took them to an NASL match. Having those clubs come back has stirred up interest in those who were there the first time around. It’s disappointing that they’ve been left behind.

“We try to keep it as pure as possible. The players and the game on the field is the first priority in everything we do. The fans are second, in everything we do. Any decisions we make throughout this league, it has to have a positive effect on those two groups or we don’t do it because it’s a waste of time and money. Our clubs have done a great job of promoting themselves.”

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/03...as-league-kicks-off-sixth-season-on-saturday/

brentgoulet repped this.
  19. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know first hand that good ol' Bill posts to his own twitter account.

I'd certainly not be surprised to find out this is all his doing.

He is a nutter. It should be expected.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  20. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I met him Saturday night after the Rayo OKC game. He talked to us for awhile. Seemed like a good guy.

21. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peterson talks Western, Canadian expansion, South Florida, Cosmos attendance issues, more

NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson was on hand for each club’s debut and expressed his pleasure at seeing the communities already demonstrating passion for the young franchises.

“It’s very exciting. I wouldn’t call it a relief, but it’s very exciting,” said Peterson. “They’ve done a great job in both cities, putting in a lot of work together late and last night [in Miami] was just incredible, same as the week before for Rayo OKC.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/peter...th-florida-cosmos-attendance-woes-more-46900/

FootySkeptic and ManuSooner repped this.
  22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad he is so positive. However it would be bigger news as the highest paid employee of the league, if he was despondent and sad. So I will take this for what its worth and just hope things aren't too bad.

23. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LIke I said earlier, I got to meet him on the field, after OKC's first home game. One thing I noticed about him is that he is a straight-shooter. He said to me, "I've been doing this a long time and, to be honest, I was a little worried right before the game started. But then 15mins in, I looked up and said, where did all these people come from?" :)
    I liked the guy

chungachanga and FootySkeptic repped this.
  24. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The takeaway from this article is the NASL BOG meeting is taking place in Chicago this week...

Chicago could add second men's professional soccer team

In Chicago for league meetings and Tuesday night's Copa America game between the United States and Costa Rica, Peterson said he wouldn't mind coming back sometime soon to see a new club launch in his league. Peter Wilt, the founding general manager of Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire, is working to get another soccer club off the ground, this time in the NASL.

"Chicago's a big city," said Peterson, who was on the Fire's board of directors when AEG owned the club. "It's gotta be right before we go forward, and I think Peter Wilt's doing a great job of making sure all of the important pieces are there."

Wilt and his group are exploring stadium options, and a team name must be decided also. Those are issues Peterson will leave to the local decision-makers.

There is no time frame for Wilt and his group to submit a proposal for an expansion team in Chicago. When they do, Peterson and the NASL owners will evaluate it and decide whether to offer the group a spot in NASL. Wilt, however, is well-known in NASL and the Chicago soccer community, and his expertise carries a lot of weight with both groups.

Meanwhile, Chicago is just one city where the 13-team NASL could expand on its way to 20 clubs. The market for professional soccer throughout the country has never been bigger and continues to grow, Peterson said.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160606/sports/160609316/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Burr repped this.