Pre-match: Napoli vs Sassuolo @StadioSanPaolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Well, we're still unbeaten in the league. We just got by Genoa but to be honest we completely deserved the win and should have killed the game off sooner. With Man City coming up we're going to need to rest some players. Unfortunately, I feel Diawara will get the game against vs Man City meaning Jorginho will start here. We should rotate a bit to give our players some rest, Sassuolo isn't that good this season but it's another crucial 3 points we need to take home.

Reina
    Maggio-Albiol-Maksimovic-Rui
    Rog-Jorginho-Zielinski
    Ounas-Callejon-Giac

Ya i'd give Giac the start, he could still be very important by giving Insigne a rest he needs. This team IMO is good enough to win the game, I know Maggio isn't what he used to be at all and is on his last legs, but Hysaj needs to be ready for City. This is the perfect game for Ounas to show what he's made of.

Let's hope we can kill this game off quickly.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  2. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I dislike what giacc adds to the attack (if anything) but he's a clutch player, can bring good luck for us lol. If jorginho starts tomorrow, then i fear diawara zielinski again vs man city but its too early to be making predictions for that game

Sacki repped this.
  3. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sarri is going to play Rog as a winger and im going to flip shit, the one guy who actually deserves a start and not prolonged training bs is Ounas. Play Rog in the midfield ffs

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I like Rog as the vice for Allan.Why can't it just be

Hamsik/Zielinski - Jorginho/Diawara - Allan/Rog

I mean this seems simple to me

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am against too many changes

Reina
    Hysaj - Albiol - Maksi - Rui
    Rog - Jorginho - Hamsik
    Calle - Mertens - Ounas

If we are comfortable bring Maggio and rest Calle and Mertens in second half.

Retrosword repped this.
  6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I'm getting to a point where I don't want to see Hamsik in the starting lineup. It's terrible because he really has given us everything, and he will break the record soon (which I think is another thing adding pressure on him). The thing is, he is not playing well at all, and he's not one of those players where if it's not working offensively he can make up for it defensively, a player like Allan or Callejon. When it's not going well offensively he's useless.

Sacki repped this.
  7. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was taking a look at the schedule and it's really important we take as many points in the first half of this season.

Of the top half of the table, we've only had road games vs Lazio, Roma and Milan.

Obviously that flips in the second half.

8. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    As long as we do the job at home that's all that matters. The scudetto is won against the teams outside of the top 6 so I'm honestly more focused on how we do in the away games against the provincials, we're perfect so far and that's not to mention we've played 6 of our 10 games away from home and won all 6.

We need 90 points for the title IMO.

Things are looking good so far, but we need this unbeaten run to go on as long as possible. I really feel we can stay unbeaten for the 1st part of the season. The most difficult away game we have for the 1st part of the season is mid december against Torino. We need to extend our lead on Juventus, I don't feel Inter will keep up in the 2nd half of the season.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is better than Ziellinski

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's true that Hamsik has not been doing too well, but I think there is a huge discrepancy between what some fans expect from other players and what the given players are actually capable of. As a result of that, many people seem to think that we have a better alternative to the performances that Hamsik has been pulling out of his ass so far this season, silently and perhaps subconsciously ignoring the fact that our other midfielders have proven themselves to be even less useful than Hamsik in this bad form of his. Ziel. started well at the beginning of the season, but even that only in terms of individual accomplishments, I expect him to be much more decisive in his midfield role, but he hasn't been anything of the sort.

Perhaps it's even the fact that Hamsik's been with Napoli through so many changes, sometimes it can be hard to adapt. I hope it's true, because then that would mean that it's just a matter of time until he can find his equilibrium again.

But there seems to be another issue as well, as I don't even remember the last time that Hamsik actually threatened the goal from the air with a header or from distance with a good shot, and he used to be capable of shooting from quite a distance with both of his legs.

Still, our other midfielders looked even worse on the pitch than Hamsik, in my opinion, excepting Jorgi and Allan, of course. But then again, they have different roles.

11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like Jorginho is going to represent Brazil.

Dumb move by the Italian national team SMH

Sacki repped this.
  12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ventura is the biggest retard.

Sacki and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  13. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    For as long as Cazzarri is still alive, he deserves that title.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #14 Sacki, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    A player like Hamsik needs to be fully fit before he can perform, for Napoli.
    He relies heavily on his mobility and explosive bursts to beat a man in the final 3rd, not forgetting to mention for a number 10 he is also pretty strong, he needs a rest or he won't be the player he once was under Sarri.

When I watch him for Slovakia it is clear he plays a more relaxing role as they have others to defend for him, allowing him to base his performances on his technical abilities, but for Napoli he plays a box-to-box role so he needs to get back to full fitness level before we can expect him to perform like he used to.

Losing the ball due to sloppiness is often a sign of a tired player, and when a player has the techical gifts Hamsik possesses something is definetely not right.
    Not perfoming on the pitch (especially a player like Hamsik who is Napoli royalty) leads to a break in confidence, it's gotten to the point where he is letting a 19-year old take his penalties at the highest stages - I mean its a nice gesture and all, but a fully commited and mentally present Hamsik would have taken that.
    It's literally been a snowball effect of shit, and it has defined Hamsik's season so far.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Napoli: Reina; Maggio, Albiol, Chiriches, Ghoulam; Allan, Jorginho, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne

Sassuolo: Consigli; Gazzola, Cannavaro, Acerbi, Peluso; Mazzitelli, Sensi, Cassata; Politano, Falcinelli, Ragusa

16. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Incredible that Maksimovic gets no games.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have been struggling the last few games

19. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Allan. Lol. Hamsik & Insigne need to find their shooting boots.

20. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Jorginho absolutely sleeping on thay header from Falcinelli, Insigne screens Consigli and Napoli gets it back

22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like watching on Bein Connect cause they show the stadium at halftime.

They playing my jam right now lol

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That cross was class and so unexpected because he did it while dribbling, the header was terrific too, sometimes you gotta just give the opponent credit.

Our goals have been shit lol

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are not like a team that can win the league. Concede too many goals and waste too many chances. Callejon should have passed towards end.

We will also waste a lot of energy keeping them in the game. Very very disappointing performance.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We've only conceded 8 goals in Serie A so far lol