Napoli vs. Roma @Stadio San Paolo - Matchday 10

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Oct 27, 2018.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are horrible. We should have beaten them.

2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'll disagree then. The team on the pitch today was good enough to win. Both Insigne and Milik missed chances, with Insigne looking worse wasting all 8 shots he took, with none on target.

On the Roma goal, the entire back line was off. K2 never tracked back with Dzeko in time, Albiol let his man stroll in from the right, meanwhile Hysaj was completely lost. I blame all 3, with Hysaj obviously looking the worst of them all. For me Hysaj, Insigne, and Milik were the worst performers. Hamsik also gave the ball away far too many times with lazy passes. On the plus side Ruiz was brilliant again, and Callejon had a very strong match.

I do want to see Malcuit more as I've said before. I noticed that his presence forces the other teams left side to account for him, pinning them back. With Hysaj, it seems the opposite happens and teams attack him at will.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree Koulibaly and Albiol looked bad. But that is because they are exposed on the wings. They also looked horrible when Maggio was playing on the right. When Malcuit or Maksimovic play defense looks more stable. When Ghoulam is back and Mario Rui is out it will look even better. But at least Mario Rui is seful against weaker teams as he is great offensively. Hysaj does not even add anything in attack.

In attack Insigne was horrible today. But it was one game. Milik is always bad. He just does not have anything. I don’t remember when he was good and scoring two goals does not mean he adds to the game. He is easily the worst striker of any team in the top half of Serie A (Ronaldo, Icardi, Higuain, Dzeko, Immobile, Belotti, Simone, Quagliarella, Piatek are all better). Agree we have injuries and Insigne had to play even if he looked bad but there was no excuse to bench Mertens for Milik.

4. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mertens and Insigne together offers very little in the form of attacking crosses. It becomes predictable when both are on the pitch. I agree that Milik is way off form, but as the only option you can't just give up on him, especially since he's still only 24. Maybe use him as a sub more. They do need to look at other options in the coming window.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. We really need a tall striker.

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Even DL said that Cavani can come if he is reasonable, and supposedly we have been trying to get Piatek. Therefore, it is obvious that even the board is aware of the situation, that is, Milik's lack of form, or lack of quality. But for now we have not much choice.

7. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #57 RichardBarker, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Really? You were one of those forecasting gloom and doom after CA took over. And also repeatedly insinuated that he is here for a retirement pay cheque. I recalled I have repeatedly urged you to wait until the actual result comes in before concluding he's of no good.

The title race isn't over as Juve can still drop points. However, look at the disparity in star power, depth of squad and overall quality. It's quite the achievement if we can get second position and makes it out of the UCL group stage that also have PSG and Liverpool.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Correction. We need a tall striker that can actually score goals. And I might add with reasonably good pace as well. Not that turtle we have now in our squad.

My concern with Cavani that he might only have at most one season left before he start to regress. Then we will need another striker again.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No. I said with Sarri leaving it will go downhill and we will not get close to the title. I also said CA was the best option.

When he came and started defending ADL’s transfers I said he is out for retirement.

In any case, I also came out and said Ancelotti has been much better than I expected so far but always maintained we can only judge after a season. But I agree I am much less worried and I have praised Ancelotti game after game. It is only fair to criticize him for starting Hysaj and Milik yesterday.

Also, Ancelotti should not have said we have a top squad. We all knew we needed a right back and a striker. We still do. So now we have dropped unnecessary points and need to spend the same money in winter.

I don’t get the hype around CL. It’s not a competition we will win. Why spend resources to get out of the group at the expense of the league? Anyway where we are now I can’t see this season be as exciting as last. I hope I am wrong.

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's the best I've seen Milik play in more than a year, consequently, it is also the worst finishing I've seen from him. Mertens just has that nose for goals, you people can jab about height all day, but at the end of the day it's about being at the right place at the right time - Milik just isn't.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    100% agree.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let’s agree to not discuss Hysaj and Milik anymore. We all agree they both need to go.

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    imo hysaj needs to go in january to make financial reason of the current situation. If anyone is even willing to consider 40 million, adios

milik will only be sold if we dont lose to much money on him

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one will pay 40 million for Hysaj. It makes no sense.

15. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    It's an important competition for prestige and exposure in the larger stage. Not to mention a lot of money. We need UCL money for our bottom line I think.

Retrosword repped this.
  16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nothing makes sense anymore.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007