Napoli vs. PSG @Stadio San Paolo - CL Matchday 4

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That I accept, I was just saying that if we win the next match and Liverpool beats PSG, we will have a chance to battle Liverpool without worrying about advancing from the group, for it has already been certified with the above-mentioned results, and our objective will be to finish 1st in the group. I just find it strange that you would rather see a team you hate be eliminated than to enjoy the sure success of your beloved team. I'm not judging it, I was just thinking sth different, but if we have it your way it is still fine, the winner will go through, but nonetheless it will be quite disappointing if it isn't us.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two reasons.

I really don’t see Liverpool as a threat. I see going out out CL as a blessing. Focus in my view should be on the lague. I think we would have dropped less points was that case.

That said if we qualify tomorrow I will be celebrating.

3. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Realistically this Juventus team is too strong. We deserved the title last year but this year they strengthened even more. We need to try and go as far as possible in the UCL, build the teams reputation on the European stage, not the Italian one.

Euphorius Thor and Retrosword repped this.
  4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think the same thing as Balo. On top of that, I don't really agree that our losses and draws became reality on account of the CHL. If so, it is still positive for us, because had Juve caught a group like ours perhaps the story would have been different, as I don't think anyone of us here sees equally hardcore opposition in their group.

But still, I just think that for some reason Carlo just might have pushed it too far with his rotations a couple of times, whilst the first loss in Serie A was definitely not down to rotation... The 2nd one was against Juve, and we were a bit unlucky in that game.
    Carlo keeps saying that those draws that we would ascribe to rotation more easily(Roma, Chievo esp.) were actually a result of bad movements of the team. I think that he is purposefully overseeing the fact that individual substitutions must have some effects on the overall movement of the team because he simply cannot keep praising and trusting the whole squad if he says otherwise. I hope, I mean...