Pre-match: Napoli vs Manchester City @StadioSanPaolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rui was good at Empoli, not sure why it’s being attacked, give the guy a chance before slaying him.

Sarri is just dogshit in Europe... has had a better roster than Mazzarri and Benitez and managed to lose at home at every occasion.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    San Paolo isnt the fortress it used to be I agree there, but he has added big club consistency.

ADL isnt buying him big players either because it wouldnt be profitable enough, we are starting to remind me of Arsenal in the way the club is run where Wenger for years have done miracle work with a cheap squad remaining very profitable for the owners - now Sarri is doing better than Wenger compared to expectations and Napoli and Sarrismo are slowly gaining more and more fans aka ADL's pockets are getting deeper.

He is a cheap ******** who I wish would sell so we can get to the next level.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. Matt.Pianella

Matt.Pianella Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Toronto till i die
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If ghoulam tore his ACL like they think he did were cooked. We don't have depth or quality on this bench to last the year without him.

I can't believe it. Not even mad about this game because we would have steam rolled city with ghoulam on the field. Hysaj moving wings and bringing maggio in to work the same wing as sane was never going to work. We played incredibly well. Let's all pray for fouzi we need him

Insigne4BalonD'or and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mazzari finished 5th in the league the season he got out of the group stages. Benitez never got out of the group and did not qualify for CL. Also under Mazzari we were just sitting back and playing counter attack. It was pathetic.

Sarri won all 6 EL games in his first season and finished second in the league. Qualified back to back for CL while winning the CL group last year. This year he has 31 points out of 33 in the league and we are more likely to qualify than crash out because Man City will beat Shakhtar.

In Europe I much rather have Sarri than Mazzarri garbage tactic or random Benitez rotation.

Sacki repped this.
  5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is what people don’t get. We effectively lost Ghollum on the left and Hysaj on the right. Game was over. Before that City had no chance.

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We lost our best player in a competition that was only going to put more money in ADL's pockets.

Fcuk Europe guys we need to ********ing win the league and then worry about international success. We pretty lost our whole fcking season now. This is going to have a domino affect on the team.

Ryan11 repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So you finally agree ADL needs to go?

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For someone better yes. Though we can do a lot worse than him. Give me a list of real alternatives than him then we can really talk.

9. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I haven't heard of anyone interested in buying the club but Guardiola's words definitely raise our clubs profile. I feel we are like Roma where we aren't in the elite conversation, we're just under it.

10. Ryan11

Ryan11 Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #160 Ryan11, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    I agree. If we are going for the Scudetto or bust then ditch the CL. We have no depth to compete. Put the whole B team for the last 2 games. If we are going to play in EL then again play the B team, at least someone will get an experience and we can keep our first team fresh. We paid shitloads of money for Maksimovic, Tonelli, Rog, Rui, Ounas and they can't get any playing time..

P.S. Jorginho and Insigne are amazing.

11. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't even think we have enough players for a full B team

Sepe
    Maggio-Maksimovic-Chiriches/Tonelli-Rui
    Rog-Diawara-Zielinski
    Ounas-Inglese-Giacherini

I mean if Milik was fit, the team could probably do some damage in the EL. If Rui will be with our starters move Chiriches out wide to the left and keep Maksi and Tonelli as the 2 CB`s.

Our midfield depth is great so there`s that ...

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's just talk, in my opinion, but I hope it isn't.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I am quite satisfied, to be honest. Hamsik made a mistake yesterday, true, but we simply have to be able to defend when we lose a ball in the opponent's defense. We really wanted to win the game and so we had made a huge mistake, thinking that it is a good idea to go forward absentmindedly. Apart from that, I think Hamsik's performance with Ghoulam on the pitch was great, he had even provided quite a solid chance for Mertens to score with that pass behind the MC's defense, but Mertens' finish wasn't sharp enough. I think that Rog's mistake was much more dangerous than Marek's, although I admit I wasn't at all happy when I had to watch the ball pass Reina and end up in the net and losing the draw.

Nonetheless, we have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to regret, except for Shahtar, and, of course, not trying to win in full strength both of the matches with MC. Against a team like that, you most definitely need at least 2 chances, sending forth all that we've got.

But as I have said, I am satisfied, for yesterday I had a chance to see us in all our glory against a team that has just proven to me that they are no joke, that they will have to be taken seriously this season. And we were great, although the weaknesses that we have have once again come to the surface, meaning especially the set-plays. We have to work on that.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sepe, Maggio, Giak, Inglese

That team will lose in EL.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ghollum out for at least 4 months.

See you in the summer boys.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    well then let me give u a EL team...
    sepe
    tonelli-maksimovic-chiriches
    Maggio/new RB-Rog-Diawara-Rui/new LB (with ghoulam out)
    zielinski
    inglese-ounas

fuk giak

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    hamsik was alright up until the 2-2 goal then he got really really tired and I already could see he was going to cost and that he did.
    both allan and hamsik had a terrible game and were carried by a jorginho who I feel had to do too much work, often getting caught because he had to pressure higher up due to lack of presence from allan and hamsik.
    wasnt rogs mistake for the 2-4 goal? you cant really blame him too much, last time he got a start was almost a year ago.

18. Ryan11

Ryan11 Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

That's sad news. He was having the best season of his career and now this. Our attack became toothless after he went off. I hope Sarri can integrate Mario Rui in the team.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can you blame Hamsik for the third goal but not Callejon? Callejon’s miss was worse than Hamsik losing a ball in the opponent’s penalty area.

Hamsik had a good game.

20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Because hamsiks supposed to be our leader, and we all know callejons a pussy. His reaction after that miss is all you need to know about him. He misses the easiest chance of the game, and instead of looking annoyed with himself he looks glad that he got a corner out of it

Sacki repped this.
  21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree Hamsik should not be captain.

But Hamsik should definitely be a starter.

22. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Is that a good or bad thing? ;)

The whole point is to rest our starters

23. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man everyone is overreacting. Ghoulam is a HUGE blow as he has been our best player this season, but I believe in this team and I believe in Sarri, who is a top 5 coach in the world, if not the best coach.

I also don't understand why people want ADL out. With his steady guidance we look poised to be a top team for many years to come. I know it's sometimes frustrating that we never splash the cash, but until we get a stadium I really don't see it happening - gotta be sustainable.

Let's see what Mario Rui can do. I didn't see that much of him while at Empoli and he didn't play all that much at Roma. If he's not up to snuff let's go after Masina in January.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two points.

You make the point we won’t spend money until there is a stadium. Can you show me acual plans to even build one? Once you have plans it takes years in Italy but we don't even have plans. That alone is reason to get rid of ADL.

How can we progress under ADL? We will always fall short because like Arsenal we are always two or three players short. The owners don’t care because CL is more profitable than investing in winning the league. In the meantime Roma will have a stadium by 2020 and Milan clubs are very rich. So how are we not falling behind?

tripwire and Sacki repped this.
  25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, I guess we look at the matter differently. You say that Hamsik should lose his captaincy, but I believe that his background and his performances for Napoli in the past make him a legitimate captain. People exaggerate his lack of form this season, he hasn't been at his best, but he's still a valuable player for Napoli. After all, with him in the starting 11 we have not lost a single Serie A game, and I think that many times that we've seen him substituted the players from the bench haven't really helped us a lot this season and the game has often deteriorated after he's gone down from the pitch.

CHL is a different matter, there are different reasons for our blunders there, Hamsik should not be the primary object of our scrutiny. I agree with the opinions of some experts on this, that we simply cannot play in the CHL against a team such as MC without getting all the details right. The same goes for RM last season. We are still lacking something, and Sarri needs to figure it out, pronto. It's not like it's a requirement for the captain to be infallible, as nobody is. I have seen captains of the greatest teams ******** up a game even when their team wasn't lacking the obvious things that we do, so it's not difficult to imagine them screwing up even more than that if it were Napoli that they played for.

With regards to Rog, I don't blame him too much, but I don't take the arguments of not getting too much playing time too seriously, as that is the cross that a player that comes from the bench has to face. He needs to show on the pitch that he belongs on the pitch in spite of that, especially in a team that aspires towards the heights that we do. And I also believe that we could have still fought for a draw in that game if it were not for going 2 goals down. That was a huge blow to our morale, and it could clearly be observed on the pitch afterwards.

To me it is quite clear that the culprit behind our losses in CHL is Sarri, although as someone here has already written, I also love him. But he is also not the only one to blame, so I'd say it's 50/50 with De Laurentis. But still, DL cannot do much knowing that buying Cavani or whoever would probably mean that even Cavani or whoever would not see the pitch for at least half a year in our team...