Napoli vs Liverpool @Anfield - CL Matchday 6

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Buffonfan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    And I'm holding on to that! Saying that CA will ever do as well as Sarri is simply retarded. Sarri took over a team that ended 5th with Higuain on the team as well, and increased the team's value by like 400-800%, CA took over a title challenger and sabotaged half of it by not doing more to hold on to the "real captain" of the team, Jorginho. I don't need any more proof to this than stating that he is already commanding the Chelsea team. Guess what type of player we needed today? Someone who doesn't allow himself to get pressured by simply thinking faster than his opponent.

Just because I like Jorginho, it doesn't make my statement any less true. Had we gotten Torreira or the Argentine from Zenit instead of spending good money on the piece of shit Verdi, who betrayed us the season before, I could live with it.

It's provincial mentality to go out and buy a player that did that shit to us.

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I am seriously wondering why you don’t just go and support Chelsea. It will make your life a lot easier and save you a lot of undue stress, since you hate the coach, hate the club and think all our players are worthless. And you can wank over your idol player every day. Retarded comment not worth my time to reply you further.

3. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    we also need a backup for K2. He is the only player we can’t rotate. Maksi is too inconsistent.

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How have you not been banned yet? Your logic is the dumbest ive seen, you argue like a tiny child.
    K2 is gone next summer if things don't get better and adl actually spends money to improve the squad. K2 is the best CB in the world right now. Unrealistic to think he'll stay, he wants to win real trophies, and you dont do that with ADL

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can disagree with him. But no real fan will change club.

We all love Napoli so let’s leave this out of discussions. It is not an argument.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also think he will leave. He deserves to go somewhere where he can win something.

With ADL that place will not be Napoli. Zielinski will leave too. That is almost 180 million next year from these two alone.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chelsea going to buy us a new stadium lol

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why Chelsea?

I think we will sell Hysaj to Chelsea for 40M, Zielinski to Liverpool for 60M and Koulibaly to ManU for 120M.

I hope we sell Diawara or Rog too if they fail.

Maybe it is time to bid for Messi?

9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You can't replace K2. That guy has to cover for everyone.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can’t force him to stay. I hope he does

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So 5 Serie A losses and one draw. Milan out in the group stages.

The league is really pathetic and the most one sided in Europe.

12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Ligue 1 is even more one sided.

13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Serie A clubs outside of Juve haven't been able to keep their best players with any consistency.

Alisson and Salah made the difference vs Napoli on Tuesday. Imagine if Roma were able to keep both. Jorgihno and Sarri have Chelsea in the top four.

It caps the potential of Roma, Inter, Napoli, Milan, Lazio etc. These sides not only need to maintain their best performers, sell their poor players, but also continuously bring in established talent to create internal competition. That just doesn't happen.

Juve are far ahead because they have been able to do everything I just described. Only a handful of "super" clubs are in this position to do so. We are talking about a team that upgraded by recruiting Ronaldo, Bonucci, Cancelo, Can, Perin. It's just too much for other clubs to overcome.

Despite all that Napoli and less so Inter were simply unlucky to get eliminated on goals for and away goals. The margins are that thin.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree.

Margins are not thin. This was a mental problem. If Napoli had to lose 2-0 to go out theynwould have.

Player wise Napoli is superior to Liverpool. I mena other than Van Djik I would not take a single of their defenders and midfielders. I also take Insigne over Salah and Mertens over Mane.

Juve lost Pirlo, Pogba and Tevez in one season. Napoli does not buy but sells few. The problem is that the team lacks champions with mental strength.

15. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Allison, Van Djik, both Liverpool's full backs, Salah all start over Napoli's players in their positions.

Rui and Ospina are huge reasons why they were eliminated. Both are very average players. Rui defensively was at fault for so many goals in the group stage.

As for Juve, yes they turn the team over by selling but they almost always bring in better players. After losing the final in 2015, they bought Dybala, Mandzukic, Pjanic, Higuain, Sandro, Benatia, Rugani, Khedira. After 2017, they brought in Ronaldo, Matuidi, Can, Cancelo, Szchesny, Bernardeschi, Costa, De Sciglio. What other side in Seria A can do that?

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I said defenders not keepers. Ospina is bad, I hope Meret does better. Napoli has Ghoulam (he was injured which is bad luck).

We always needed a right back and striker and it came to bite us.

But the problem is mental. I take our team over theirs any day. When there was no pressure we completely dominated them at San Paolo.

17. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Alisson is MILES ahead of our goalies. Ghoulam is better than Robertson, Trent Alexander Whatever The ******** is overhyped cuz he's English, he's level with Hysaj. Salah is MILES ahead of Salah. IF there was a combined team it'd look like this. Mertens and Firmino are both good, both did jack shit against each other.

Alisson
    Hysaj/Trent - Van Dijk - Koulibaly - Ghoulam
    Keita - Allan
    Salah - Fabian - Insigne
    Mertens/Firmino

So where there's a clear standout it's
    Napoli: 5
    Liverpool: 4

With 2 positions that are up for discussion. We should've gotten past them, unlucky with the results against PSG and Red Star

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In my view Hysaj is our third choice left back. Maksimovic and Malcuit are better.

I take Hamsik or Zielinski any day over Keita. We are better however you slice it.

But agree our gaps when our starters are missing and our keeper create big holes.

19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    For many years we had a world class striker, Cavani, Higuain, Mertens in the form of his life. Mertens is never going to repeat that form. We have 2 world class defenders, Fabian who can become world class. We have a good base with the team.

Koulibaly, Ghoulam, Fabian, Insigne. These 4 are a very good base for us. We need to keep these 4 who are crucial for us and try and get more players like this, even if it's just 1 buy every transfer market if he turns out to be special it will 100% have been worth it.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allan

Insigne4BalonD'or and Sacki repped this.
  21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think this is our strongest team
    ------------Meret
    Malcuit-albiol-K2-ghoulam
    Callejon-Allan-Ruiz-Younes
    -------Insigne
    --------Mertens

I was so impressed with Younes in the little time we saw him

I agree he has the same problem as Insigne now, he is just too slow. Mertens is older though. Amazing players and imo world class, they are not physically world class though
    We need a top striker and cavani isnt the long term answer

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here is my view.

To truly win something we need to sell Hysaj and spend the entire money of him on a very good right back.

Albiol is good but we need to buy another center back.

One of Insigne and Mertens should play. We need a top striker.

The only other weakness is Callejon but he is solid and as long as we are defensively strong I am fine him missing chances. We also have Ounas, Verdi, Zielinski who can play there.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meret is weak.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club: