Napoli vs Liverpool @Anfield - CL Matchday 6

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Buffonfan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli vs Liverpool @ Anfield - CL Matchday 6
    December 11, 2018

I anxious for this match, but then I'm also nervous. We win 2, but then draw 3 matches (and all were away games).
    We will have to score in this match, it not realistic to say that Liverpool won't score in their home field. It probably a tie.

But I have a bad feeling about this, as everywhere online all say Liverpool will win (I'm sure they being home will be a HUGE help), this make me worry.

I think we will go through if it a tie. Ofcourse it nice to win, but I don't mind if it we draw. I just want we to go through.

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    fck them up.

3. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    If you lose by one goal margin except for 1-0, you still go through. Also even a loss in any type might pull you through depending on the Red Star-PSG result. Yeah most people say PSG will win, but considering Red Star drew you guys and beat Liverpool at home, I can guarantee the match will not be one sided at all. I think you guys can draw Liverpool at home. Liverpool seems to struggle against big teams and are not as good as last season. Ancelotti is also one of the best managers in the world. Good Luck Guys. I am nervous as well.

I wouldn't trust what other websites say. The websites always say the favorites. No site said that you guys will draw PSG twice and get any points against Liverpool at home either.

Buffonfan repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Liverpool are garbage. People say it because the PL is overrated. We will comfotably beat them.

If we go out our season is over as it is impossible to catch Juve after losing to Samp and dropping points at home to Roma and Chievo.

Let’s see what Ancelotti does. Sarri would have mentally struggled in a game like this.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not true. If Liverpool win 2-1 or 3-2 and PSG draw then Napoli is out.

I hope PSG wins as I want Liverpool out and a PSG win is better for Napoli’s chances of qualification but it makes winning the group harder as Napoli will have to win.

6. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    You could still go for the Europa League win.

7. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Credit to goal.com
    Here's what Liverpool and Napoli need to do in order to qualify from the group stages....

Scenario 1: PSG win against Red Star Belgrade

This is the most likely scenario, given that Red Star have already been eliminated. In this case, Liverpool have to beat Napoli by a margin of two goals or a 1-0 result in order to go through. PSG will win the group and Liverpool will be second in this case.

But any other result will send Napoli through along with PSG. A loss for Carlo Ancelotti's side by a margin less that two goals or a draw will see PSG win the group but a win will see Napoli win the group.

Scenario 2: If PSG draw against Red Star Belgrade

In this case, PSG will have nine points and if Napoli manage to get a draw or a win against Liverpool, the French champions and the Serie A side will go through. But if Liverpool manage a victory, all three teams will have nine points and then the tie-break rules will have to be applied:

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams

Scenario 3: If PSG lose to Red Star Belgrade

This is a highly unlikely scenario but one which will ensure Napoli's qualification regardless of their result against Liverpool. But a win by any margin will do nicely for Liverpool and they will qualify at the expense of PSG.

------------------------------------------------------------

Guys guys, I'm super nervous now.

I really think PSG will win Red Stars, I'm like 99% sure of this.
    In worst case scenario here, what IF, what IF we lose. What if we lost to Liverpool, and PSG win Red Stars?

With PSG win Red Stars, does that mean we will go through? So if PSG win, and we lost. PSG and us will go through right?

omg, I'm like super nervous, and when I get nervous I go with the worst case scenario, so just let say we lose (like 2-1, 3-2, we lose by goal margin of 1), and then what? We still in or we out?

8. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What the ******** is this? You just let Gobbi scumbags open the thread???? Get them out!

cipro and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is a BS trophy.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have written this a few times.

If PSG wins Napoli can lose by one goal (other than 1-0). 2-0 Napoli are out.

If PSG draws Napoli cannot afford to lose unless they lose by one goal and score at least 3.

If PSG loses Napoli go up regardless of their own game.

For Napoli it is better if PSG win as it makes progressing easier, however it makes winning the group harder (Napoli wiuld need a win). If PSG draws, a draw will put Napoli top of the table.

Buffonfan repped this.
  11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just saw who started this lol.... I wish I was still a mod...

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    C'mon guys, what's the problem with him starting the thread? I am ignorant within that margin.

Careca, I still can't understand how you can underestimate Liverpool. I mean, I do understand how one would consider their style boring and lame, but their quality is much more difficult to dispute. Were we not schooled by MC last year? Were Liverpool not in the CHL final? I remember that you have proposed the argument where you accuse Liverpool of being 'garbage', as you have done so many times, based on the 'fact' that the opposition in the PL is even worse than Liv. But they did reach the final stage of the CHL, so that kind of refutes that very argument completely.

Obviously, a team that reached the CHL final last year knows how to win games. Last year, MC was better on so many levels against us that it was disquieting and even embarrassing, yet you daringly propose that the English sides have nothing on the Italian sides. I just don't get it...

usscouse repped this.
  13. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't think Liverpool will be as easy as Careca says, playing at Anfield is tough as f**k. I can see Psg winning and us losing 2-1 or 3-2 tbh .. I hope we win though as a win would put us 1st place no questions asked.

14. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #14 Buffonfan, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    oh, sorry, is there a rule that say only a "specific" person or a MOD can start a thread? If so, I apologize.

I know cipro always started the matches thread, but it was Monday already and didn't see him start this Matchday 6 thread, so I started one, I didn't want to wait till last minute, as I was anxious and nervous about the match too.
    I look at cipro thread and he is just a "member" like me, he not the MOD or anything, so I guess if he as a member can start a thread on a match, I can too. Sorry.

And thank you Euphorius Thor, and I'm a woman (are woman allow to post in this forum?). And English is my third language, hope my terrible English won't bother you too much.

And thank you CarecaNapoli. If we can go through by 2-1, 3-2, then I'm super happy.
    For some reason, I have a feeling it going to be 2-1 or 3-2 score.

eta: And I believe PSG WILL win (not like I like them or anything, never like them). They didn't play their last Ligue 1 match game (PSG vs Montpellier) due to some protesting thing going on in France. So basically the whole PSG team got like a week of rest (from 12/5 to 12/11). Seriously, they will win Red Star.

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I kind of get the feeling that the issue rests with the fat fact that you are a Buffon fan rather than you being a woman, though I am not sure if you were being ironic with that 'woman allowed' stuff or not. Many if not most of us here are not native English speakers, including me, so it's alright and your English is pretty good.

But I am not really sure, as upon searching for Gobbi I have discovered just one guy who was born in Rome, some singer, so I have no idea what this is about. :D

EDIT: Apparently, there is also a footballer bearing that name, but the connection there does not seem to be related to it.

Gobbi is also a slang for giving a **************, so it could be the fact that you're a woman, though I don't know if anybody knows that. Anyway, it's not important at all, as you can do whatever you want without giving a single damn... :)

16. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fck you Buffonfan

indestructible repped this.
  17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Napoli: Ospina; Maksimovic, Albiol, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Callejon, Allan, Hamsik, Fabian; Mertens, Insigne

Napoli bench: Karnezis, Hysaj, Ghoulam, Diawara, Zielinski, Ounas, Milik

Not too happy about Rui, but hopefully he can provide 2 assists to make up for his mistakes.

18. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    This is a tricky match at Ansfield and I don't believe it will be a walk in the park. The nature of our game is that we can't defend a 0-0 scoreline and should not and the only way is to score, preferably scoring 1st. That puts the pressure back on Liverpool as they must win. I expect the opening match to have Liverpool coming out guns blazing and we can hit them on the counter.

19. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forza Napoli! Knock those ********ers out!

CarecaNapoli and Back2NY repped this.
  20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Liverpool's fans stole our chants

21. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    PSG leading by a goal. Cmon Mertens

22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ugh... Mane score. But the goal disallow due to three/four yard offside.

but beep, they already score. We need to defend more.

24. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Heck, I'm freaking nervous everytime they near our net. I worry they going to get one in.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Same. I'd feel much better if we scored lol