Pre-match: Napoli vs Juventus @StadioSanPaolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Nov 26, 2017.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t understand the discussions with Juve. I believe both Inter and Roma will beta them and wre a higger threat. I am more worried about them.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Roma's Roma and Spalletti's Spalletti. I think it's either you or Juve.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You really think?

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I love Spalletti and would love him at Fiorentina but you know they're going to blow some 3-0 and 5-1 leads at some point.

I like EDF but too to bottom, they're not quite as good as you. You guys need to start scoring, however. After our match you can start.

5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #80 soccerr9, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Juve have Samp at home. Anything can happen and it's a long season. Napoli are still very slight favorites since they are one point up.

Still, Napoli are at a major disadvantage with Inter out of Europe and Juve with an immense amount of depth. Inter play only once a week and have decent depth. Juve won in Naples with Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Marchisio, Bentancur, Sandro, Licht, Barzagli, and Rugani all not featuring from the start.

The way it's going, Napoli front three will be burnt out by March.

If Juve are 1 point behind Napoli heading into the match in Turin, how can you bet against a team that had won the league six times in a row? Napoli could get the necessary result, but it's hard to go against Juve especially in Turin.

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    2 losses in the last 42 serie A games, how can you rule that out? It speaks to our strength we made you park two busses for 80-90 mins straight, and thats with an attack that is burnt out already. You ever wonder why Barcelona make Real Madrid park the bus even though thats not how they prefer to play? Its a testimony to Barcelona's strength that even a team as strong as real madrid know they'd get murdered if they played their usual game plan. We have done the same to you the last few times we've met, only minor adjustements are holding us away from comfortably beating you, a mixture of a few very bad players Napoli host in their starting line-up and the lack of mentally believing you are a "big team" is holding Sarri's Napoli back. Eventually Sarri will beat Allegri there's just no way around it given the difference in quality between the two.

I'm telling you right now you will never win the CL with Allegri (which is what you aim for), as soon as you meet a great team in form you're out because they wont have the inferiority complex most Napoli players clearly have. And btw Higuain is really crap I cant believe he scored against us - why couldnt it have been Khedira again...

7. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Barca pinned Real back but more importantly they won those matches. That latter is what matters.

Sarri's Napoli are very good. There is no doubting that. However, it's one thing to win many games and another to win he league 6 times in a row. This could be the season this streak ends, but winning at the San Paolo vs this Napoli shows that too many counted Juve out.

As for the CL, Juve fans know that the team will eliminate big teams along the way only to lose in the final.

Under Allegri Juve are 10W 6T 5L vs Barca, Real, Bayern, City, Atletico, Dortmund, Sevilla, Monaco. Yet are 0-2 in finals.

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    You both have some good points, but I think what it all boils down to is that Allegri is very experienced and therefore he is aware of the fact that to win the Italian league there are always some of those necessary games where you just have to play ugly and win no matter what. He did it with Juve this Friday against us. What did we do? Except for Hamsik I can't really remember a single one calm player in our squad, as they were all doing unnecessary blunders resulting from a lack of composure.

We have a whole lot of things to solve. We either have to learn to park the bus or win beautifully against a bus that has been parked. We either have to solve our pussy complex or change the squad in such a way that it will be eliminated. We also need to learn that in matches such as the one on Friday you just can't afford to lose the ball so recklessly and not even try to get it back, like Insigne did. However, first and foremost we'll need to understand that these things can happen and we cannot let it drag us down, which is closely connected to solving the issue of our pussy complex.

Hamsik wasn't as good against City as he was against Juve, but I guess it all amounts to his experience in Serie A, he's faced Juve so many times already that it wasn't too probable that he would chicken out. Or it was just a coincidence, but really, Hamsik and Koulibaly are the only players from Napoli who didn't piss me off last Friday.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We lost top spot and I can only hope juve beats Inter next week.

I still don’t see were our goals will come from.

We have barely scored in the last few games.

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #85 Sacki, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    I said this months ago. Back to the drawing for the entire team, other than against milan we cant seem to create actual chances anymore.
    Too much relies on Mertens or Insigne to do it themselves, and if that doesnt happen Jorginho of all has to do a 1 in a 100 pass to set someone up. Which begs the question: between them what have Allan, Hamsik and Callejon created this season? I can understand Allan is a defensive player, but he often finds himself in the final 3rd where he simply has got to do more. Inter are tearing Chievo apart, a team we couldnt even create a chance against, and they (inter) did it by leaving their "Allan" (vecino) on the bench in favour of a more attacking player in Joao Mario because they know Chievo wont do SHIIT. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out here... we at times have got too many defensive players on the pitch. Allan, Callejon, the back 4, and Jorginho are all either directly defensive players or start their attacking approach from defence - we can afford to sacrifice one or two against shit teams like Chievo and that doesnt mean I want us to break the balance of the team with zielinski-hamsik.

Ideally we need Sarri to make use of his squad and mix things up tactically. Vrsaljko and Inglese/new ST should be acquired in January if we are serious about the league. I actually want two forwards because I want a vice-insigne too who isnt Giak. Milik can leave for all I care

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Inglese please. They guy is useless.

Sacki repped this.
  12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    keeping it realistic ;-)

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The more I think about it I think we will not achieve anything with a combination of ADL and Sarri.

I love Sarri but he is destroying Diawara, Rog, Ounas and Maksimovic. They must all be highly demotivated.

And ADL will never spend whatnis needed. Let’s hope we make CL. We really are not a team that can win it.

14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Guys, Juve still needs to play Inter and Roma before the first set of games are done, and also Inter needs to play Juve and Lazio. The most important think is getting the wins against the teams that we need to beat. The top 4 are toss ups, everyone below we must be beating. Losing to Juventus at homes sucks but due to how well we did prior to the game it didn't make much of a difference, the only thinkg this defeat can do is hurt us psychologically. An away game to Fiorentina is not going to help things, 2 years ago after lost to Juventus we travelled to Fiorentina and got a draw .... I hope we get the win. Someone else make the match day thread.

We clearly need 3 players, a right full back, a striker, and a winger. All preferably with Serie A experience. IMO, Berardi or Verdi, Vrsalkjo and a striker. Inglese seems to be in good form and if we end up in the EL I think he will come back to play in the EL. Mertens can handle the 1 game a week, it's the extra UCL games that are tiring out the squad. But Inglese is definitely good enough for EL. I'd prefer someone else, but a right full back and winger should be priority.

Euphorius Thor and NickyViola repped this.
  15. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    +1

That's what I always say. The must-win matches, as much as people like to say those are the ones against Roma and Juventus, are really the ones against Chievo and SPAL.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well Chievo fckrd us

17. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Who cares? You're not interested in the scudetto anyway.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not worried about the Juve loss. I am worried about not creating any chances against Chievo, Udinese and not looking dangerous the last few games.

Euphorius Thor and Sacki repped this.
  19. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Although Insigne4BalonD'or's and CarecaNapoli's opinions and conclusions differ, I think they are both right. It's not a tragedy to lose 1 game after so many wins, but it also isn't good that we've been struggling to score for quite some time now. This could be a huge problem, because I think the way other teams perceive us is very important. At the beginning of this season you could see them with their heads down against us, as if it were impossible to defeat us, now the weaker sides are starting to perceive us as the team from the top that can be defeated the most easily, again. We need to eliminate this, we cannot afford such bullshit, because then a team like Udinese will play a game against a different top team without any passion only to rediscover their soul against us, because we can't score and our defense is not perfect, as we are liable to lose balls while attacking, out of sheer frustration.

We have no tangible reason to panic, I agree, but we have too many hints and suggestions that kind of order us to beware. As in, we have no true depth, one striker who is tired and doesn't even want to play for us anymore. etc.

A good thing for us is that football players are generally not very intelligent, thus a skillful coach can adjust their psychology without much justifiable incentive. What i mean is that a win against Rotterdam could helps us mentally, even though it won't really mean much because Rotterdam hasn't been very good lately. However, the sad part is that if MC don't help us and consequently we'll be thrown out of the CHL, we could be even more damaged than after the loss against Juve, even if we manage to win against Rotterdam.

Long story short, we'll need to see some good work from the players and Sarri and also quite a bit of luck.