Napoli vs. Frosinone @Stadio San Paolo - Matchday 15

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Dec 8, 2018.

1. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The thread. I wonder what Don Carlo has in store.

Match Preview
    : https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/125210

Form Guide: Napoli (W D W W D) Frosinone (D L D D W)

Last season: Not played

Stat fact: Napoli scored nine goals between the last two matches they had against Frosinone (five when they played away and four in the reverse fixture).

Napoli (probable): Meret; Rui, Albiol, Koulibaly, Malcuit; Zielinski, Rog, Diawara, Callejon; Insigne, Milik

Suspended: None

Frosinone (probable): Sportiello; Capuano, Ariaudo, Goldaniga; Cassata, Beghetto, Maiello, Chibsah, Zampano; D Ciofani, Campbell

Suspended: None

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Napoli: Meret; Hysaj, Luperto, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Ounas, Allan, Hamsik, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

This line-up is very daring. 2 Players ( Ghoulum and Meret ) back from long term injury and thrown straight in as starters. I hope CA knows what he is doing.

3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    The first half performance was not good at all, as we were slow and lacking in passion, but in the 2nd half we were much better. I hope Insigne will be as good against Liverpool as he was terrible today.

4. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Looks like CA did know what he was doing after all! 4-0. Good result considering the line up. But then looks like Frosinone drop dead for us. We dominated the game and they hardly have the ball.

Insigne should have been rested and so should Hamsik and Allan. Is Verdi still injured?

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Maybe he was resting Diawara and Rog. ;)

6. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'll have to catch this game on replay. Nice to see Ghoul get 2 assists. With Ounas, Younes, Verdi and Milik, we should have enough firepower to fight on two fronts. The problem is the backup midfield of Rog, Piotr and Diawara.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Luperto played ? How was he ? Im hoping we got a future defensive talent...

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zielinski is ok. Problem are Diawara and Rog. We can’t do without Hamsik and Allan. Torreira would have been great.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hard to judge Luperto and Meret. I was realy hoping Frosinone would test them.

10. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ounas ripped them apart, him and ghoul were motm. Milik was good too, nice to see him have some use in the air for once.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im glad Don Carlo has been given everyone chances. It shows everyone is part of the team and he has game plans. This isnt Rafe turn overs for the sake of turn overs.

12. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It was a sight to see Ghoulam back out there, and he showed what we missed, even though it was against a lesser opponent. I've missed his presence on the left side and I hope he can regain his World Class form and stay healthy.

13. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Agree, it was nice to see him grant younes a cameo in the end - and he shows signs of promise in that short amount of time. The fans received him well too, which is encouraging given the saga that casted his transfer to us

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It was a weak opponent and I'm not sure if he can play consistently. Ounas still has a lot to prove, but he's been going the right way. Ghoulam really did show his quality, though I want to see him in a more difficult game, but damn I hope he will be as good as I known he can be.

15. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hard to cite team quality as a factor, we've struggled against teams sitting back before. We were actually poor until he pulled that goal out of nowhere. Anyway this will do wonders for both of their confidences

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    We did struggle before, but not with normal midfield. Midfield builds up the play, and Hamsik sure knows damn well how to boss the midfield against Fro guys, and that is decisive more than anything else. Hamsik is simply an experienced and a high-quality player, with emphasis on his tactical intelligence. He often chooses a calm pass to the defenders even against teams like Frosinone, which is very important because an error is exactly what can cost you your confidence and calm. With a calm midfield we never hurry uselessly, we trust in our skill and quality, and wait for the time to decide the game. As much as I liked Diawara at first, the more I watch him the more reckless and even lezy he appears to me...

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Diawara and Rog have been the biggest disappointments.

Hysaj never had talent.

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I feel like Rog has not yet had enough chances, but Diawara has and I had expected a lot more from him.

Retrosword repped this.
  19. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I wanted us to sell Diawara in the summer and get Torreira. I understand Diawara still has potential but he has made almost no progress from 2 seasons ago when he broke out. If we get an offer of 40mil or more I'd sell and bring in Barella.

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think that he has actually managed to regress... When watching him, I often get the feeling like he is unaware of the importance of the matches, or simply incapable of firing up for it due to his personality or sth. He always looks like he has skill but concentrates too little and makes a reckless pass or tackle... But that might be just my wrong impression... Anyway, I wish him the best and I hope that he will shine with us!