Napoli vs. Chievo Verona @Stadio San Paolo - Matchday 13

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Nov 24, 2018.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. But when they can’t score you make subs. Why not bring Fabian who is a threat? The Milik sub was such a waste.

The problem with Ancelotti is simple. He wants to please ADL so he has given up on the league. Instead he will try to progress in CL and make money.

Ancelotti is a world class coach. And that is what makes it frustrating. He knows what he is doing. He is not stupid. Almost every league game we can all predict who he is going to sub out. Because those are players of inferior quality (Rog, Diawara, Ounas and above all Hysaj and Milik).

I have friends who say they love the fact that Ancelotti talks big. But when he says it’s time to bring a major trophy home he is either speaking about the scudetto or the CL.

We our out of the scudetto race already. So let’s about CL. But i am not pinning my hopes on a cup tournamenet. Rather be in the title race for as long as possible. At least until March / April.

2. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Then why do you keep bringing up Sarri? I don't get it. He has been gone for a while now. We all have said our thanks and appreciation for 3 good seasons. Frankly, bringing him up is what is really unnecessary and meaningless. We better spend our time discussing about our current team.

We are not struggling by drawing one game. I can see year on year we have improved much over the era of Benitez. If it was during that time, we would have lost today's match.

We were never in the Scudetto race even before the season begin as the odds are stack against us. It's just not realistic given the gulf in class between the two teams and that ADL will not spend big. Even with CA as our coach. Esp after Juventus signed Ronaldo, I already know it's a lost cause. This is not a matter of rotate or not rotate. To think otherwise is being delusional. Second is the best we can aim for and we are still second after today's game. Hopefully we can go far in the Champions League. Juve can still drop points and we can push them all the way, and if we do so, I will say this season is a success, esp for a first season under CA.

3. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    ??? I am agreeing with you. Milik is useless. So what are you arguing with me about? We should have signed a proper striker.

4. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Well, we do need the money. That's why UCL is important. The reason Juve is ahead of us is because they are the richer club with lots of money to spend. Hopefully with more income, ADL will be willing to spend to finally close the gap with Juve. But I am not having high hopes.

On the positive side, hope this draw fires up the players to secure a big win against Redstar belgrade so that we qualify for round of 16.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry. Misunderstood.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I say Ancelotti is a great coach.

The reason I bring up Sarri is that he was fired for not docusi g on CL.

I said from the start the focus will be CL and that is what ADL and Ancelotti agreed on in advance.

“It could be a very similar approach from the opposition, so dealing with this now can be helpful. There wasn’t enough intensity today, especially in the first half. After the break we had more of a push, but the spaces were too tight.”

This proves my point. So my criticism is not about Ancelotti’s ability but his priority.

Maybe I am delusional but I don’t think extra CL income will change anything. To challenge Juve we need proper management, youth facilities and a stadium and better marketing. You need professionals to take over. Like a start up. The guys starting it will do well but you don’t grew beyond a point without outside investment and management.

I rather we go out of the CL but be in the title race till the end even if we don’t win it.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I would rather have Maksimovic subbed in and K2 moved up front than look at Milik trying to string a pass together

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its always like this for us after a break.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not really

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In the end I love this club.

Whatever happens, whatever the results.

FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE

RichardBarker and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  11. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We probably have more chance winning the CL than Serie A, Juve are contendors for the UCL and the gulf in quality is huge so serie A is out the question l. That gulf will be further evident in a league, but over two games under CA Im more confident in advancing. If we couldn't win last year, we sure as hell aint winning serie a this year. Atleast if we do well in CL we can attract better foreign talent and make a stronger push for the title. The positive impact of finishing 2nd every year is slowly starting to diminish as we look more like chokers

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  12. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Coming 2nd or 3rd doesn't really make a difference, but qualifying for the R16 over being eliminated in the Group Stage makes a big difference.

That should be the focus.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Right now Napoli have a great opportunity to finish first in their group. That would make a massive difference in the KOs. If they were to face a lesser side and get to the quarters, then Napoli has a 50/50 chance of getting to a semifinal as long as they avoid Juve, Barca, and maybe City.

I'm pulling for you guys as it would be a deserved qualification should they finish above Liverpool and PSG. It still up in the air, yet not qualifying would arguably be very unlucky given how well Napoli have played.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Agreed. If we finish 1st or even 2nd in this group of Hell, which is the general perception, though some may disagree, we will achieve a very good result internationally and we will at least be considered a team that is perhaps not as good as Juventus yet, but definitely going the right way. If we fail in CHL, everyone will soon forget the 2nd place in the league, even the statisticians themselves will be close to dropping those lines out of the bunch...

Retrosword repped this.