Pre-match: Napoli vs Cagliari @StadioSanPaolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Guys I'm on a good streak with my game day threads like a few seasons ago so I figured I'd make this one too.

We play the goat herders from Sardinia, it's the return of Pavoletti. They're going to be a tough team to beat and will play us really hard. Hopefully we can end the game in the first half but when the fcuk do we actually ever do that. Would love to see Ounas get a start here.

Reina
    Hysaj-Maksimovic-Koulibaly-Ghoulam
    Allan-Jorginho-Zielinski
    Ounas-Mertens-Insigne

The only problem could be the lack of grit in the squad, only Allan really has it. LETS KEEP THE WINS ROLLIIINNNNN IINNNNNN

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Must win.

Agree with line up.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Let's do it, I don't care who plays and who sits, as long as we can win! The one player that you have praised the last time can be a disaster the next opportunity that he gets, as consistency is something a whole lot of our players seem to lack, but that's not unusual, look at Piggy at Juventus. I really hope our captain will soon pick up his pace, the one that made him wanted by the biggest clubs, but the most important thing is to win, though it would be good for the team as a whole if it were to happen, as Hamsik definitely is world class when he's at his best. I didn't really like the midfield against Rotterdam, Hamsik was not confident enough, Jorgi and Allan were too confident, without the results that I would expect against Rotterdam. We won yesterday thanks to Insigne's, Mertens', and Callejon's individual genius. Just think about it, Insigne doing his thing, Mertens running all around the field as alway, making the defense of Rotterdam shit their pants and passing the ball to him, and Callejon's finish was absolutely brilliant. I still see room for improvement, as I see great quality in our players, but we're definitely on the right path, with a few thing to fix here and there. Let's do that as well!

I'm in a kind of a suspense, as I think that we have not yet played a difficult game, and the one that was slightly difficult we had lost(Shahtar). Lazio cannot be counted in, as they have suffered too many injuries this year, we haven't really seen them at their best yet, so let's call that one slightly difficult as well.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. After Cagliari we have Roma, Inter and City. After that we know how good the team is this year

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Roma, city and inter on the same week, jeez - I honestly think we should just play the 2nd'ish team against city and hope they can do something lol.

We have to turn up in Rome with all the stars and home to Inter we have to be all over them from the get go, dont allow the game to be played on their premises

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Huge week is coming up, let's focus on the 3 points against Cagliari for now

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would start Rog - Diawara - Ziellinski in CL.

We need to beat Roma and Inter.

8. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't think Sarri will ever start that lineup but I bet it'd be beautiful

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, and if they don't I'll be walking down there in the sewage system, trying to avoid all the PL fans who will tell you any opportunity they get how SA cannot compete with the ''major'' leagues.

There will be some difficult decisions to make for Sarri, there's money and reputation in the CHL, but we want to try and win the Italian league. The players will need to step up and show their grit! Callejon has recently sent forth a statement that claims that he can play false-nine, which could be an advantage, if it is true. That way we could find room for Ounas, in whose abilities we all trust due to what he has shown thus far, I guess.

Sacki repped this.
  10. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    There are reports that Sarri has been testing Leandrinho & Ounas as Mertens backup. I hope Reina can build on what he did against Feyenoord; he's been pretty bad so far. We seem to struggle in these lunchtime games and since we had a game midweek, expect a stressful game this Sunday. We lost the title last October when Milik got injured. Deja Vu? - nah f*ck that. Forza Napoli !

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Nah, we were struggling to find a solution back then, now we already do have Mertens...

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  12. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Leandrinho would definitely be interesting. I'm sure if he's ready Sarri will use him.

13. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This game makes sense to play Ounas, Zielinski and Rog in my opinion but I dont think it would happen, get some goals and rest Mertens and Insigne.

14. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We all know Sarri will go with insigne - mertens - callejon however ridiculous it sounds with the heavy fixture list coming up. I hope I eat my words and he rests someone in that front 3 because theyd need it

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I had a dream last night that Pavoletti scored a goal, but in our shirt. I hope it either means nothing or that he will score an own goal today, or that we win in spite of his goal. But I strongly hope for a clean sheet this afternoon, as I want to see our defense much more solid.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have two weeks until the next game. So glad Sarri plays best team.

Sacki repped this.
  17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Got a boner already

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mertens is so fukn good, I only rate Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo better, hate that he's 30 already.

Looking forward to seeing Leandrinho or Ounas get some time out there if we can manage to kill this game.

20. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    International break takes alot out of players, especially when the coaches are madmen. Also a good time to experiment with new players to give them confidence ahead of a mad few weeks ahead.
    I'm afraid Mertens will pick up a knock, itd be wise to sub him. If only we could clone him

21. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    K2. 3-0. Bring in the subs.

Sacki repped this.
  22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #22 CarecaNapoli, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Great game so far.

Now make subs and bring Rog and Ounas.

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Belgium are through. Italy same thing. Hamsik has some important matches though, along with hysaj... the others dont get called up lol... (jorgy, allan, calle etc.....)

Zielinski is not a starter so any playing time he can get is fine with me.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rog for Allan now. Why wait?

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I say bring Ounas or Leandrinho on just so they get a feel for it. Looks like a playground for any attacking player out there.