Napoli VS Benevento

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Sep 15, 2017.

1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Not as worried about Shakhtar result. Was worried about Sarris decisions against them though. Hamsik-Zielinski needs to be abandoned in CL... only to be used against garbage can provincials who bus wank

Sacki repped this.
  2. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah in the end it's not an absolute disaster. That game in Ukraine was always going to be tough. I like our chances to get points at home from all three of the other teams and we should be able to beat Feynoord away from home.

So we might be ok.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We are never going to win the CL as is. We should just use it as a money making tool and thats it. This team needs to win the league and build off of that.

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I don't know about never, look at the Dortmund team from a few years back... We draw many similarities to that team and they made it all the way to the finals.

Retrosword repped this.
  5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's not about winning the CHL, it's about getting out of the group and thus making money. It's been a continuous struggle to keep the team together, the wages have been increased, the players will want even more, that's how football is these days, unfortunately. How much money does winning the title procure? Honestly I don't know, but my assumption is that it's not as much as can be got in CHL, but I'm not sure if I'm right on this one. Because it would be sad to see us win the title and see the team fall apart next season, although I admit it might be impossible to keep it intact even if we win Serie A and advance from the group.

However, the issue at hand and the reason why I consider it important is that we had it in us to both win against Shahtar and shatter Bene. It is a very small chance that we will need goals to decide the Scudetto race, so it was quite unnecessary to win 6-0. The bottom line, we could have won both games, and because of poor decisions that I cannot understand we hadn't been able to do it. What I'm most worried about is that Shahtar was obviously the better team on the pitch.

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FWIW, I mean Juve went to a final last season.

If we are truly title challengers, I'm not sure why we couldn't have success in the Champions League.

I mean it's extremely hard to win it all, but I'd like to see them go as far as they can go. I think it provides a good measuring stick on just where we are at in Europe.

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Exactly, all great teams have that quality that endows them with the reflex to win each and every game, or at least try as hard as they can. A coach has to be realistic, but in this case I think it wasn't the case of a strict denial of idealism, but rather the inability of our coach to find the right recipe to fight on two fronts, because as I have pointed out before, there is not a single doubt in my head disparaging the fact that we not only could have, but also should have won against Shahtar and then subsequently against Bene, based on our quality and experience.

I trust in Sarri, I sincerely hope that he will find the right way, for we do have to rotate, and though we have decided to concentrate on the league, we cannot play Milik against MC if we don't want to be the laughing stock of all the other major leagues. The world does not revolve around Italy, although the passion of its people sometimes makes it look like it does. Please let him at least try to play Milik with Ounas, a rather more creative winger, if Milik's involvement in major CHL matches is mandatory due to the necessity of rotation.

Sacki repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is no such thing as an easy serie a game.

9. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Possibly but that game Sunday sure looked like one lol

10. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Im calling Bs on this one, if Napoli is a top team, we should have no problem with any team that is in the celler. Spal, Benevento, teams like this are not competition. If Juve can do it, The highest scoring team in the league can play Ounas and Milik and win. It comes down to consistency.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Nobody thinks that. However, there are degrees of difficulty. You can say that we should not underestimate any of the SA teams, and you would be perfectly correct, but it is much more of a gamble to underestimate Shahtar, a team that has been consistently causing trouble not only to great teams, but the greatest of teams. They have quality, they have the spirit, and they have obviously never wavered much in terms of having faith in their strength. Bene is a team that's still probably trying to figure out how things are in the Italian Serie A, which could have actually been the ideal game to shine for Milik, if it had not been for the controversial decision that some of us still cannot shake off completely.

As you have probably noticed, even Hamsik had a considerably good game against them, after a streak of very bad ones.

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So how did Inter do today.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Please, don't be ridiculous. You cannot compare this year's Bologna with Bene, especially when we both know that they were missing a whole lot of their soldiers in the match against us. Furthermore, you can't really compare Inter with us.

14. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A road game vs Bologna is a different level of quality than a home game vs Benevento.

That being said, I could see your point as far as when we had a road game vs Bologna last week. Maybe we do drop points if we rest guys in that one.

I still think last Sunday tho was a perfect time if Sarri was gonna rest guys to do it. Especially when we don't have a Champions League game midweek but rather a trip to Lazio. I mean if he's gonna sit and say that Serie A is the priority, surely a road game vs Lazio is much harder than a home game vs Benevento.

All this being said, he's gonna start our A team tonight anyways. So maybe they just didn't need rest period.

15. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If we prioritise winning serie A at the expense of getting out of CL groups, how will our players feel. If that does happen and we win Serie A, most of the team will think this is the max this team can do and as the ultimate aims been reached they'll all leave. A good CL run is essential to convince the players that there is a long term project at the club, and winning the Serie A isn't the be all and end all. I'd love for us to win Serie A, but never to have the mentality that one game is worth less than the other. Thats how provincial teams think

Euphorius Thor and Sacki repped this.