Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No to all of the above.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Then you cannot blame ADL.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I blame generations of terrible management of this club.

4. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think overall it was a successful market, we definitely strengthened it's just we're still short. I blame ADL for the handling of James but not for the handling of not getting a top class striker. I think Icardi was the only top striker available and he literally tried for him until the last day because he was literally the only top class striker that would've exceeded what we already have, when we finally gave up we landed a striker who will make up the numbers and won't be a liability but he won't be relied upon to get majority of our scoring so i'm fine with that.

5. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We aren't title contenders but we're on the right track, Manolas, Di Lorenzo and Lozano definitely make up for the current and future losses of Albiol and Callejon.

We need our post Mertens and future #9 unless Milik breaks out this year

6. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    My dream for us:

Insigne - ? - Lozano
    Fabian - Tonali - Elmas
    Ghoulam(to remember he isn't shit) - Koulibaly - Manolas - DiLorenzo
    Meret

This team would be so dangerous with just 2 more additions and keeping everyone else. I feel we should grab whoever does the best between Kouame, Pinamonti and Belotti while adding a proper regista (Tonali).

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah that’s not happening.

8. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How is that not possible?

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Most of the arguments here are over-simplified, I think. I agree with Ciro the most, if it means anything at all.

Many on this forum argue by utilizing not so sophisticated sophistry, sometimes. Arguments like: "We almost beat Juve, it's all thanks to Sarri." Then: "Juve beat us, it's all because of DL."

DL may be the club president, but he is not the only person responsible for the decisions of our team, let alone management. Yet all we do is bash him as if he were our 'sun and the moon'...

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think he has doubts regarding our ability to both keep great players and buy new ones at the same time, plus some of our players are getting older. But I agree with you that we're getting close to increasing our ability in this regard, and I really do hope we'll be able to keep it up.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tonali will be a Juve player.

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Have they even shown interest?

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  13. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No they haven't i have no idea what he's on about

Edit: They've literally left out a center midfielder from their Champions League squad because they have too many.

14. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Seriously I really want to understand how you came up with that comment given they have a total of 7 players who are listed as Center Mids.

Retrosword repped this.
  15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This current Juve management have moved away from its ethos of having an Italian core. Nedved and Paratici seem less interested now with signing good young Italian players. They just want to sign players that will make them win. It's not a foregone conclusion that they will sign any promising Italian talent.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It all depends on how good of a season he has. Juve has a lot of mids that are going to be getting old.

No top club showed interest in him other then maybe Roma. He just does not look like a player that would ever want to play for Napoli.

17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What makes you think this

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just look at the guy. Did you ever think looking at Pirlo that he would be someone who would play for Napoli ? I just look at him and he screams inter,milan, or juve player.

Though I never thought someone like Carlo would coach Napoli so hey I could end up being wrong.

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What kind of look does a Napoli player have to have? Crook nose? Big ears? Small ears?

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is responsible. This club is run unprofessionally.

The argument is simple. We are not Juve’s level and the only reason we competed was Sarri. You can make the argument that ADL got him but that was a short term fix to a bigger problem.

I hope Ancelotti proves us wrong and shows this team can compete.

Generally when you don’t progress you change something. We have changed coaches but it has not worked. Time to change management.

21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Big D, for sure. Anyway, I think we all know what he wants to say with his last post, but I think it's been different since 2 or 3 years ago. We have shown with Sarri that we mean business and now we have a coach like Ancelotti, who has charisma and who has also made quite a name for himself. It's been getting better.

22. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Maybe, but I don't feel like there should be so much conviction guarding your opinions. There are many things that you have spoken which are nothing but generalities or outright conjectures, from my point of view.

Carlo has certainly not failed yet and it's only his 2nd season, the very beginning of it. Sarri competed in his 3rd and his ChL work was not impressive.

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You have this warped self deprecating image of your own club. Tonali still hasn’t accomplished anything. We have and have had players with a much higher profile than Tonali.

24. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I think the club has been on a steady positive trend in terms of our international reputation and in terms of our squads strength. Yes we were closer to Juventus with Sarri but Sarri never had to deal with a Juventus that is as strong as the one Ancelotti has had to take on.

We came very close with Sarri and then they added Ronaldo. Now they have added the supposed next best defender De Ligt.

It's the same team but it's not the same battle

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well that’s why it’s an opinion. No one knows if he will even live up to whatever potential people see in him.

I just don’t see him ever being a Napoli player. Who was our most expensive mid buy under ADL inler ?