Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A team with Milik, Mertens and Callejon in starting line up will win jack shit.

Ancelotti will play 4-4-2

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You are right let's sign Messi and neymar. Week in week out mertens scores or assists.
    Who do you think we can get to do better?

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mertens fine. But not in the middle. He needs to be on the wing because Ancelotti’s system depends on crosses.

But Callejon and Milik are useless.

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember ADL had an idea back in the day to play a summer tournament with Palermo in the US along with an American team. But of course it was all talk and nothing ever happened.

Today ADL is totally against Napoli touring America because he feels it will tire the players out before the start of the season.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    We can revamp the squad again but without an ownership change, we wont get far. This is the sad reality.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's funny, many of you people are like chameleons, you change your colors after every single game, tbh. Not generally speaking, but regarding the players and their quality.

I am almost hoping that we change ownership and then fail even more terribly than we have failed so far according to you all. I have many pieces of shit that I would like to smear all over DL's face, ready and willing, but Jesus, credit where credit is due.

As I have said, PSG is a clear example depicting that it's not so much about money as it is about mentality or the right players.

Those are very strong counter-arguments to your theories. This year, for example, PSG had finally shown the mentality of the winner, yet bad luck screwed them up in the end. The factors are manifold.

And anyway, why are you so certain there are so many people who are prosperous and willing enough to invest so much money in the Napoli team?

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Personally for me, it's not about buying player x,y,z. But running the club the right way. I don't want Napoli to follow the example of PSG. Rather I want them to follow Barca. Even Juventus. I want an owner that understands that drawing water from all sources is the way to success. Maximizing revenue however possible. I want an owner that:

1. Owns the stadium that operates 24/7 and not just on Sundays. If ADL really wanted Napoli to have a stadium, we would have had one by now.

2. Increases the brand awareness. Touring markets USA, Asia, Middle East.

3. Understands that if you want to sell more shirts, do not allow your main sponsor's logo to ruin the aesthetic year after year.

4. Understands that having a technical sponsor like Adidas or Nike will increase your club's profile worldwide. ADL refused adidas some years ago because they were outbid by Macron. Short sighted

5. I want an owner who understands that having a strong youth academy is the proper way to develop players and also serve as revenue to sell to other teams. How many good players in the Campagna region get poached by bigger teams? Every single year, ADL says "we need to focus on the youth" and then he does not invest one penny.

6. Also someone who understand that the club owning the players image rights in this day in age is not only retarded but also completely USELESS. How many players in 10 plus years have slipped through our fingers because of this archaic business tactic? So Napoli can sell more calendars? In the ********ing digital age? Do you realize we are the only club that does this? Malcuit was our 5th CHOICE right back this summer because we couldn't get the others to agree to sell their image rights.

I can go on and on. Again, I'm not asking for a billionaire owner to come and buy messi (but that would be nice). All these things I've listed are completely within his capability. But he is the type to talk and talk. In the end it's actions only that count.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018

Very well said! :thumbsup: Couldn't have put it more eloquently. ADL saved Napoli in the past. But he's everything that is wrong with the present. Sure, we can do worse with another owner, but we also won't go far with him.

9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We've peaked under ADL, and everything indestructible said makes sense and would place this team on the proper course to reach next level success.

10. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I liked cuz ur the Ciro di Marzio of big soccer

indestructible repped this.
  11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    James Rodriguez 'would like Napoli'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “James Rodriguez would like to play in Italy and of course at Napoli,” revealed the Bayern Munich and Colombia star’s father-in-law, Hernan Ospina.

James played under Ancelotti at both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and has scored seven times in 25 games this season for the German giants.

“My daughter Daniela told me that he has a great relationship with Carlo Ancelotti and would be happy to reunite with him,” Ospina told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“I think he would one day like to play in Italy and of course at a big club like Napoli. All Colombian players would like to have an experience in Serie A.

“The appeal of the championship has increased a lot since the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.”

His two-year loan at Bayern comes to an end in the summer and James will return to the Santiago Bernabeu, where he has two more years left on his contract.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A club like Tottenham has much less of a chance of winning anything than us.

But look at their stadium and the enthusiasm it has brought.

13. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Can't see James coming unless at least 1 of Mertens/Insigne leave and I can't see either of them leaving this summer

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    james is not coming to napoli

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Anyone else feel Allan's been playing like shit ever since the PSG rumours ?

16. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    allan and k2 will leave in the summer.Who wants to stay in this shit?

I don't care about this players anymore.They are all losers

What is meaning to qualify for CL after you do nothing.Only one : ADl is filling his pocket

17. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Allan can be replaced if we change the style. Koulibaly can not be replaced. I'm fine with replacing Allan if we spend money on players who will fit a certain style. I'll judge Ancelotti after this summer as now he has seen the team and it's up to him to tell ADL and Guintoli who we need to replace

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. We have never reached CL quarter finals (2 first round eliminations and 3 group stages) and only one EL semi final.

Take Sarri out of the equation and we have never been remotely close to the title.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You really have faith in the guy? Only our competition is poor otherwise this is like Benitez second season. With the difference that Ancelotti benefited for 6 months from Sarriball and a team that had finished on 91 points. But we are getting worse and worse.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It’s very hard to say who I would keep but I would definitely sell Ounas, Hysaj, Mario Rui and I have to say Allan and Insigne to make money. Callejon should go too.

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The team has nothing to play for.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  22. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I think it's getting worse because in the Serie A the league is done. ADL shouldn't be complaining about the fans not coming to the stadium for Serie A gams because it's over.

As for the performance in the EL, that's just a disgrace. It was horrible, Arsenal isn't even that good and we made them look like a top tier team.

From this performance alone I can justify selling every single player on the field except for Meret. That's how bad of a performance it was. Not 1 player stuck out positively (except for Meret). The amount of misplaced passes and cheap giveaways was disgusting.

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I want to see what Ancelotti's influence in the market can bring us this summer knowing that we will again be a Champions League team. We came 2nd in Serie A, we have a strong fan base, and we have Ancelotti as our coach.

I'm hoping a big name can come in.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ancelotti complained about fans not coming. It is just unacceptable.

The performance in EL cannot be taken out of context. We have been garbage for a ling time.

25. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I really doubt so.. ADL call the shots in each and every time in the transfer window and manage to screw up most of them for the sake of saving a penny here and there. Doubt Ancelotti has that much influence. We will get players that are cheap and "good enough". No big names.

In the last summer transfer window, there were talks of Benzema joining us and Cavanni returning but all those end up in smoke because ADL was not in favour of the idea.