Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Carlo is a different coach to Sarri. Saying one player is better than another when who knows perhaps Jorgie would of struggled under Carlo. Also the prem league is going to destroy him. He will be a Juve player by next year just you wait and see.

RichardBarker and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Now that's an unfounded accusation, although not an entirely unreasonable one. But I don't think that a man like Ancelloti is capable of disappointing so many people along with the players and everyone working for the team. Now that would definitely piss me off, but I don't find it likely. I'm pretty sure he would have been able to find a job with a bigger salary somewhere, if he hadn't joined us, I mean. That fact indicates that he still hopes to expand his realms of success, and after training teams that have always been great and winning with them, now he has a chance to try and win with a team that has not been on top of the game for a long time, but at the same time it's a team that has been doing pretty well to make that final step for quite some time. Therefore, I think that Carlo knows that the elements are there, and that now he can bring success to a team that is not exactly Juventus, but still counts as one that has a solid chance to compete with the opposition properly.

RichardBarker repped this.
  3. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I disagree. I don't think Ancelotti will come to Napoli just for money and to risk wasting away his legacy and tarnish his reputation just so he can have a retirement plan. If he is planning retirement he could have taken up the Italian National coach job.

It is better we all reserve judgement until the season begins and let's see how he actually perform, rather than speculating. True we are already a step behind other top teams in terms of transfer market acquisition. But it doesn't help for some of you are already hoping that he will fail just to proof yourself right.

Sarri is gone for good. The earlier we get use to it the better. And until proven otherwise, I will support our new coach.

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I wouldnt be able to handle that. Higuain already broke my heart, I couldn't deal with Jorgi doing it too. I'd rather my GF left me for a dog walker

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ancelotti is a kind-hearted man but the idea of Hamsik playing in Jorginho's old position sounds ludicrous to me.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is nonesense.

Like every other coach we have I will be fully behind him. Please don’t say such stuff.

This is pre season ad we sre discussing worries.

7. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Nope. This is what you post a while ago :

Which is rather dismissive of our current coach.

My point is, you should not judge or make presumptions until you see how he perform. Season hasn't begin yet. Based on his past records, we have reasons to be optimistic.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I think we will need to play a different formation or tactic. I can't exactly recall what is Ancelotti's preferred formation but I think he is more tactically flexible.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ive ragged on Carlo alot in the past. The main reason was he always coached teams that were almost guaranteed to win the league before the first ball of the season was kicked.

He hasnt coached in Italy since he left Milan and since then he coached teams with unlimited funds. Now if he is looking for a new challenge then id say we will be okay. If he is just doing this coaching job just to do it then we will have a long hard season ahead of us...

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  10. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    If we look at his last 3 coaching appointments before Napoli, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern, PSG and Bayern are like Juventus in Serie A, they dominated the league so not surprise he could win with them. Real Madrid is not dominating La Liga as Barcelona if just on league form was better this decade but he did get them a champions league trophy. It's true all 3 clubs have much better spending power than we can ever afford.

After following Napoli for a while, I agree with CarecaNapoli that ADL is basically an empty can. He talks a lot but does not actually have the money to spend. So even with Ancelotti, realistically speaking, we can't challenge for the title but we can still have a good run and secure 2nd place.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve is winning the league from now till the end of time. I called it this past season. They didnt like the fact that they didnt just run away with the tiltle this season and now they invested big time to make sure that they dont have to worry about the league anymore and just worry about the CL.

It makes no sense for Napoli to even pretend we can win the title this coming season. We are going for places 2-4 and thats it.

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I agree we have minimal chances of winning the scudetto. I just dont think the balance of the team is right, we have lost Jorginho and not replaced him with a similar player of somewhat equal quality - Fabian Ruiz is a much more attacking and running type than jorgi who is a regista. Though Diawara has potential I just dont think he is the right type of player for this squad - they want someone who can retain possession and dictate play and pace of the game. If we adjust the system to get more out of diawara I think we have to play much deeper and imo you're not gonna see players like Hamsik and Ruiz (probably the two to start) chase after the opponent for the majority of the game.
    I think it would be really interesting to let Allan play Jorginho's position since I personally trust him there the most out of the players we have

13. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #5788 RichardBarker, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    I don't recall Allan being a very good passer of the ball. He's more of a tough tackler and ball winner in midfield. Other than Jorginho, the next best passer of the ball in our team is probably Insigne but playing him there will leave a big hole on the left at the expenses of our offence, not to mention playing him out of position.

Anyway, Ancelotti will need to figure a new way of playing. Maybe a more counter-attacking style of play instead of possession.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    at this point its about damage control rather than quality for me - Allan simply wont give the ball away that easily imo

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are discussing a subject. I said I could see.

Of course I will back him when the season starts. With every coach we had I was a person here who always supported them even when others attacked them. The same goes with Ancelotti.

But for now I can be suspicious why for the first time in his career he is not asking for more players when we lost Jorginho and everyone else is strengthening.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The mian problem with ADL is that he builds a hype to then let people down. We can’t compete with Juve. Fine.

1. Don’t say we will buy big names to disappoint

2. Don’t put your family on the Board to pay them so much money

3. When like this season or 2 years ago we are close, risk and buy. Both winter markets cost us

4. If we are not buying players let’s work on a stadium and investing in facilities and scouting. He does not even do that

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree to everything but the last point. Allan dribbles too much and loses the ball too easily. He should never be allowed to play there.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope not. I hated how we played under Mazzarri and Benitez. Also we don’t have the defense to do that. Our team and even defense strategy is built around keeping possession.

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he wont dribble there though. he made some cameos there last season - he was good imo

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Ronaldo wanted Napoli

21. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Yup. And not to mention anymore about that 20-goal striker that he had signed. Basically he runs Napoli like a small business. Just getting sufficient returns, no want to take any risk, don't want to invest. He did save the club many years ago and for that we should all be thankful but if we want to go to the next level, he is not the one to lead us there.

Hahaha....I read that. Super-fake news.

If we can't even afford Benzema, how can we afford Ronaldo? Not to mention Ronaldo will never give up his image rights. That said, signing Ronaldo is excellent business for Juve. The sponsorship and ads already cover the cost, not to mention that he can single handedly bring in million of new fans and that means more merchandise sales.

Can never expect ADL to pull that off with his "small-business minded" mentality.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he wanted a rock stuffed up his ass.

LGRod repped this.
  23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ronaldo is not an idiot he knew if he had played striker for us last year he would be able to keep his goal tally from Madrid, unfortunately Napoli getting Ronaldo is not realistic.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is the whole issue. Very well said.

Regarding the 20 goal striker, every season he makes multiple promises like that.

25. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Sacki repped this.