Napoli Transfer Rumors, Speculation, and Official Transfer Thread PART 8 [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, May 18, 2016.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope we get Widmer but Lazio are on him.

2. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hopefully we buy Meret as he can develop a year and get the role if Reina starts sucking, he has the talent, just needs a little confidence, we can ease him into the starting position and use Pepe as the main guy for one more year.

The one guy I want that we are linked to is Ounas, the guy appears to be an absolute stud who causes nightmares for opponents one on one.

Berenguer can apparently play right back so it makes sense to buy him as a utility player.

As for the Milik debate, he will get playing time, I dont know if we should expect Dries to score as much this year, he honestly should have had more goals, he spoils a lot of chances. Milik doesnt create as many but he also doesnt spoil as many. Mertens is the guy until he proves otherwise, Milik will have chances, but he needs to show he deserves them again.

3. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah watching highlight reels of Ounas makes my jaw drop, makes me reminiscent of a younger hazard

4. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mario Rui, Ounas, and Meret would be a good mercato. Adds quality young players to an already strong group

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What about right back? We have two strong left backs so Mario Rui who is weaker than both and prone to inury makes no sense.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree on your Meret point. We need a keeper to start. Reina cost us the title. He should not be the main keeper for another year.

anthonymario repped this.
  7. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    There is just not enough high quality keepers on the market that Napoli can arguably buy. Napoli will have to do what they did with their midfield, buy young and develop.

8. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    They still might buy Berenguer who can probably play right back in their eyes. Rui is better than Strinic and argubaly better than Ghoulam, Ghoulam was ********ing dreadul at times defensively, Napoli doesnt need world beaters for fullbacks, just someone who knows Sarri's system and can defend. I trust Sarri's opinion on Rui.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But we need a right back. Thta is top priority. Maggio should not play.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have to improve the one position where we were horrible or we have no chance next year.

Sacki repped this.
  11. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Berenguer will probably replace Maggio. People think Napoli is ready to win a Scudetto, I personally am not convinced they must win it this year or the world will end. They do need a top keeper but it will take atleast a year to develop one like Meret, with such a young squad, it makes sense to give him the chances when Reina isnt playing well. Napoli doesnt need to win the Scudetto this year, poor business decisions are made when you are in "win now" mode always and thats how ADL functions, business first, winning second. You can want all you want for it to be different but he's not spending 40 million on a portiere.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Team is young and they made waves this year, I'm optimistic, don't think the Scudetto is winnable because Giuve buy refs anyways and brought back the doctor was was accused of doping of their teams in the 90s so you know they care 0 about integrity. Think in a real league we win convincingly Sarri's first season and marginally this past year (Roma's pens came and tilted results for them and we did not have that and Juve were still getting bs calls & provincials rolling out red carpet in the league as usual)

Hard to build a side for "win now" with those realities.

Sacki repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Reina cost us the Scudetto the season Pipita scored 36. I dont know how many times I've linked the stats showing he let in much more goals in fewer shots (our defence was the best in the league allowing fewest shots) than the rest of the top clubs' GKs in Seria A.
    Saying that in the 16/17 season, he has arguably performed at his career best - but pushing 35 will he be able to do it again next season?

He is the best passing GK out there and last season he was exceptional with his passing play, if Meret can pick up on some of that passing brilliance Reina shows and combine it with actual goalkeeping abilities we might have one of the best GKs in the world in a year or two.

Or we could just buy/loan Sczhesny, Alves or Casillas and Meret....

Hard to tell what the better option will be but nonethelss getting Meret seems like a win/win for us.

cipro and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many players will leave next year. Everyone is staying because they think we can win it.

We need to buy a top keeper and Berenguer and Ounas is sufficient. We make more from sell our crap players.

cipro repped this.
  15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Retrosword repped this.
  16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mario Rui allegedly requested a transfer to Napoli from Roma

Not sure if true

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  18. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    their whole backline is leaveing

I bet almost anything the players do not think their new coach is anything speacil.

20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I liked Eusebio a lot at Sassuolo, I think he'll do well. Salah is good and so is Manolas but not irreplaceable.

Salah always choked in CL games anyways

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sarri did more with less. De Francesco might be another Moyes.

22. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That's true, well see, I was shocked Sarri was able to keep the squad Benitez assembled and make it better too.

Rui, Ounas, Berenguer... who leaves? Ghoulam was not very good this past season, but might be a lot to rely on just Rui and Strinic, Ghoulam and Rui would be great LB depth

23. AvantiNapoli

AvantiNapoli Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Disappointing that Giuntoli basically told Ounas that he can wait for Napoli to find the money or he can go to Roma.

24. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ^The same applies to Berenguer. Our primary goals are to find a keeper & sell players. Maybe we'll pick up some players after we qualify for the CL. Last year we were linked to a bunch of players like Herrera, Tolisso, Fabinho, etc. I think it all worked out in the end.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/napoli-the-latest-on-berenguer-and-ounas

Di Marzio has reported that we may be considering Portuguese GK Rui Patricio as a Reina replacement.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/napoli-rui-patricio-proposed-as-pepe-reina-substitute

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    italian goalkeeper or nothing.