Napoli - Serie A Game Thread - 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have better squad than sarri's first

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You cannot seriously compare sarri and Carlos first seasons! That is like taking a dumb on sarri's face. Ancelotti took over a groomed top team!

4. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I meant we have a better squad now, but starting 11 was slightly better then just because of age.

5. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    You can 100%, younger Mertens, Hamsik, best season of Higuains life and also a Ghoulam without any knee injuries.

If anything Sarri was set up to succeed more so than Ancelotti because there were less expectations due to Rafa being a complete Spanish dumpster

6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I disagree entirely. I think Sarri did an extraordinary job. Carlo's problem is he is changing too much, despite making us better at defending against top sides, then again when Sarri's system worked we played very well even against the best

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still don’t know what Ancelotti has done. We have no identity and it is hard to see the ame plan. He did well against Liverpool and PSG. But we knew he is good in cup games.

8. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are no Carlo's problems.We played well yesterday and hysaj looked good after a long period.I think it's all about players.We saw that goalless results against rel. teams(Carpi,Palermo,Chievo,Genoa) when sarri in charge.

Sarri's problem is he has no plan B.No matter what he wanna see his football and he doesn't have Pep's squad.
    Carlos doesn't take a risk.
    We have to push for EL at least. Winning a european cup would be amazing imo

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Hamsik gave identity to our team, he knows SA better than most players currently involved in the league, and as well as the other faithful players. We will need to get used to not having him on the pitch with us and find our new identity, the players need to develop some movements tgtr, sth that will work. Hamsik had a lot of those with Insigne, Ghoulam, Hysaj, Callejon, and Mertens. It's one thing to get the ball to a player in a certain position and quite another thing to do it in such a way that the receiving player can react to it promptly due to his characteristics. Hamsik knew well how the players up front and on the wings wanted the ball and he mostly knew how to get it there that way. He was also quick going forward in order to surprise the opposition, yet at the same time slow when possession had to be kept and the move forward was too risky with little to no potential contained within.

These qualities require a whole lot of talent, experience, knowledge, and skill. Yesterday I didn't see anyone who could offer us these important features. We need to act and we need to act fast, but on the other hand we have a good position in the table and with some space in the squad the other players should at least grow quickly in terms of experience and knowledge(of the team, the qualities of each individual). We will have to see how much talent and skill they have. Fabian is very promising in this respect, and so is Zielinski, but Zielinski is too inconsistent and I think he has already had a myriad of opportunities to prove himself. Let's see how it all plays out...

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hamsik did many great things but let’s not make him into a deity.

He was never the strong leader this team needed and showed this with him wanting to go to China after last years failure at wining the scudetto. I hope we bring in mentally strong players.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I truly think that all I have written is true. However, he is no deity, it's just that the other players in midfield make him look like that because they're kinda weak as hell. Zielinski occasionally hits one in but mostly he's invisible, Allan is a god defensively but his support in attack is not what it used to be, whereas Diawara seems to be average. Fabian has a lot to prove.

That's all there is to it, it wasn't difficult to shine in this squad. And I will forfeit the 'leader' discussion, as it is as lame as an erect dog. We know nothing about the internal matters in the squad, and as I have said before, there are many times of leaders, not just Gattuso style, slap here punch there with an occasional spit on the side...

But whatever, I miss Hamsik in the squad for his ability, but I guess I really don't like the personality of anyone in football these days. The last player I enjoyed as a man was Cantona, so that is that. That mother...... even had the humanity to admit that the amount of money football players earn is a disgrace to God if he exists, and a disgrace to the long-term goal of the survival of our race, which certainly is a thing. He was like an old aristocrat who did not like to stand upon the heads of the poor laboring masses and admitted the evil in it, which means that this one aristocrat at least wasn't a damn hypocrite.

I'm getting sicker of this shit every day...

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    And one last thing, what if Hamsik decided to leave because he had realized that the only team with the mental power to get out of the group stage of CHL was the team with him, Cavani, and Lavezzi? The team back then as a whole had nothing on this one, but these three bastards had more impact on the game than this team could ever possibly put together. Ever since that trio, I have never once felt like the team had enough power to truly believe in themselves...

So perhaps you should go back to criticizing DL, it was much funnier.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course ADL is to blame.

Those attacking Hamsik are morons.

L'immortale repped this.
  14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    It's not an attack on Hamsik, he is amazing and a legend for sure. He just wasn't a leader and that's 100% okay if there are other players who can lead but in the past few years when there needed to be an inspiration of quality from the mid (not grit like Allan but quality) he wouldn't show up as well as we know he could.

15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    This is both a good and bad thing. Hard for teams to read us but we have no idea what it is we're trying to do. Given our place in the standings and the impressive results with PSG and Liverpool I would say it's more of a good thing then a bad thing.

The only game plan I see is what Juventus used to do, absorb pressure, make the other team feel comfortable to a point where they make mistakes and throw men out of position and then hit them on the counter because of the fact we have quality.

It's not nice to watch this style, but it's style that clearly gets the right results more often then not

16. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Style vs Results. It's sometime mutually exclusive. We fans hope to watch beautiful football but then turn on the blame game when the results don't come in. As for CA, I just think he needs more time to mould the team to his identity. He basically inherited a team that is used to only one way of playing. We will need a few more adjustments in the common transfer window.

CarecaNapoli and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. He wants Fornals and Lozano. This seems a good midfield for next year.

Zielinski/Verdi - Fabian/Fornals - Allan/Diawara - Lozano/Ounas

Hope we can keep Koulibaly and Allan buy a top striker.

18. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    JOSE MARIA CALLEJON
    HATERS GONNA HATE.

L'immortale repped this.
  19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stadium again empty tomorrow.

I blame ADL but it is disheartening for the players and coach.

20. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    So many chances in the first half hour. Milik just now:eek: but he did have a nice pass to Insigne

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have not scored in 3 of the last 4 games and when we last scored Hamsik was instrumental.

You give away your best midfielder and don’t buy attackers this is what you get.

Why should fans go to a dirty San Paolo?

Sacki repped this.
  22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we dont need him. he is shit like jorginho. when was the last time he dribbled 3 people or made an assist?

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  23. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    We did scored 3 goals away in EL game vs FC Zurich? That don't count?

Hamsik is only our best midfielder if he is in form. Otherwise, he was often silent and gone missing in big games. Where was he when we loss 1-0 away to Liverpool? Although it can be argued in that game all our players had a collective brain fart.

Our best midfielder this season is clearly Allan.

We did not "give Hamsik away". He asked to leave and the club decided to grant his wish out of respect for his long service and this happens after the transfer market closes.

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hamsik did a lot for us but he has always been weak.

25. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2008-2013 Marek was phenomenal for that Napoli
    After that year we jumped to an another level and we never see same hamsik like before
    But still he will always be in our hearts.Good player , good person