Napoli - Serie A Game Thread - 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Feb 2, 2019.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t need to.

You’re bragging about how a team plays when in the end it’s only the result that matters.

If it’s not Sarri’s fault that Chelsea didn’t win, it’s also not Ancelotti’s fault that Mertens, Milik etc could not score. Another game where we didn’t take our chances

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand why we discuss Sarri or Chelsea. PL is a league for people who appreciate brute and physical football. I dislike all of them.

Let's focus on Napoli and the performances and results since Christmas are unacceptable. We would be in 6 place. And any coach that for months says the team is not motivated does not deserve 6.5M a year.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What I want to know is why it's Ancelotti's fault that Mertens, Milik and Zielinski don't take their chances. It should have been 3-0 by halftime. Like I said, the incoming criticisms are of poor quality.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I honestly think this team has lost its purpose. Last year this team gave it all and gained nothing from it. This team needs to retooled in a major way.

5. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #530 RichardBarker, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Agreed. It's hard to motivate the team when season after season they see our hated rival lift the Serie A trophy ( which ironically Juve fans are not even enthusiastic about winning it anymore ).

It's clear this is a bit of funk right now. Not able to convert chances. We have more or less got UCL qualification in the bag ( unless we loss all subsequent games onwards ) and there is nothing to play for. Atalanta were much more motivated. We are not. Simple as that.

Of course, for that two vultures, everything is the end of the world and as I predict, they are out in force in this thread. They really should just f**k off to Chelsea.

This season is basically over for me. Looking forward to the next. Forza Napoli.

6. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Yes and No. Hamsik was a great player to be in the team when he was in form but the trouble is that he couldn't maintain this consistently anymore. He has also been regressing since last season. I read that he is having trouble also in the Chinese league. So it is time we look forward and not back. Everyone appreciates our Capitano regardless and I only will wish him all the best.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #532 CarecaNapoli, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Agree not his fault.

But we are all saying Milik is not good enough. He says he will be our striker next season.

And what about the other games where looked poor. We have 4 wins in Serie A since Hamsik left. Lost in Copa and last three EL games. Not all of it was undeserved.

No one is calling for his head but we have a right to be worried.

Sacki repped this.
  8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #533 CarecaNapoli, Apr 23, 2019
    Please stop using foul language. What is your problem? You don’t like a view don’t respond or raise your views but what is this calling people vultures and tell them to ******** off? Who do you think you are?

I have not once been disrespectful to you. I just started ignoring you because I don’t like your aggressive tone.

Also stop spreading lies. I have never called for Ancelotti to be fired. The Curva yesterday had a Sarri banner not me. And also stop this Chelsea nonsense. It’s pathetic when I have always said I don’t watch PL and dislike all of them (even if i wish Sarri luck).

This is the last time I am asking you to not be disrespectful. Next time I will just block you. I hope it does not have to come to that. We support the same club. There is no war here.

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, I don't mind the foul language, it's not like it can hurt anybody. You should be capable of ignoring it, for it really isn't such a big deal. I bet Hitler would never have spoken a foul word to a crowd, but he WOULD murder millions. Foul language is nothing to be afraid of, but I do get your point. I just prefer ignoring stuff that displeases you a bit yet does not hurt you in any way. For Careca

And my opinion on Hamsik is different, but whatever, you can have yours and I can have mine. I think he was definitely one of the most valuable players on the team, and he was the one that had to adjust himself quite a lot, he does that for Slovakia as well, without complaining or looking for apologies when things go wrong. Overall, he did well most of the times even later on, which is sth that is hard to say about so many players in Napoli. Struggling in China means nothing from my point of view, and I guess most people know why. For Richard

PS: I am really beginning to hate all of this stuff. Motivation. If those bastards cannot motivate themselves solely because of the fans who basically pay for their unfairly humongous wages, then they all need to be kicked in the nuts... The end of this world will indeed not be a disaster anymore, it will be a relief...

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is not hurtful. But completely unnecessary on a Napoli forum. Especially since I am not even engaging with him.

Agree with you. Anyone not motivated should be kicked out. But Ancelotti needs to send a signal.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's probably because I use language like that, I would never direct it at anyone here - at least I hope I haven't, but using it on public figures to cement a point, I see no problem with.

Some players are just not good enough and it is frustrating, in terms of fighting for the jersey, I don't think any player we have dont give it their all except for Insigne and Ounas when they become too selfish. But even then they fight. I honestly think our main problem lays with the tactic and Ancelotti especially... Hope it changes.

We expect the defence to just divert getting levered just so we can play long balls and hope for a chance? Not good enough if you are a team that wants to challenge Juventus

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I used it in the heat of the moment against Ancelotti too. But like you said it was on public figures. Anyway let's move on. I am even happy to continue discussing with Richard if he puts his preconceptions aside. I don't want Napoli to fail and am not a Chelsea fan.

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I hate Chelsea but like watching Sarri's football, it entertains me.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My biggest issues are:

1. Motivation
    We had the same issue under Benitez. It's just unacceptable for a coach to say my team is not motivated. Take players to a camp, kick a few out, but the fans deserve better. If we want to be champions every game should count.

2. Squad
    If players have motivation issues or are not good enough we need changes. We need an overhaul. I am happt to not qualify for CL next year. But communicate a plan and buy only young players. Ancelotti says the squad will stay the same with a few additions and Insigne and Allan may leave.

3. Defense
    Like the Benitez games we concede too much. we have now conceded in 10 consecutive games. I agree we do not have good defenders. It worked under Sarri because we kept possession. So we really need 3 new defenders but I doubt that will happen.

4. Creativity
    I am not blaming Ancelotti. We gave away Jorginhio and Hamsik and Zielinski and Fabian are not there yet. But he needs to focus more on a system than on individuals. These players are simply not world class.

5. Attack
    We know Milik misses a lot. He cost us the Liverpool game and many other games. But what is frustrating is that Ancelotti wants to keep as his main forward.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I feel the same. The only PL teams I would watch are Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal under Wenger.

16. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #542 RichardBarker, Apr 23, 2019
    If he is that sensitive, he has no business being a football fan, much less one as he claimed has been following the club for 30 years. Fact is he has said more nasty stuff about the club, the coach and the players ( I only agree about what he said on ADL ). Then acting all indignant and butt hurt just because I exposed him ( and the other fake fan also ). I thought he should be rejoicing now that Ancelotti just lost another game instead so to justify their "Ancelotti is horrible" allegation.

Sure, we can agree to disagree civilly. No problem. Hamsik is probably adapting to his new club and new league, new language so that's understandable. Again I only have respect for Hamsik, for what he has done for the club.

As for the players, unfortunately, this is a the sign of time, the #metoo, narcissistic, instagram generation that have high expectation when comes to their pay package but low threshold for pressure and failure. They constantly need to be coodled, re-assured and motivated in order to perform. Look at ManUtd players. They are paid even more yet played like shit.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #543 CarecaNapoli, Apr 23, 2019
    I am not sensitive. I just find it childish to become personal in a football discussion. It's really uncivilized behavior.

Your logic is also flawed. You think I should be happy if Ancelotti fails, because at the start of the season I thought hiring him was a bad idea? What kind of logic is that? Based on that, any fan who is not optimistic will always be happy if their club fails?

Finally, re bashing the club, not true. I see ADL as the problem and that is it. I was against parting with Mazzarri, Benitez or Sarri. Have never asked for Ancelotti to be fired (it's all on this forum).

Unlike many of you I actually defended most players including Hamsik and Mertens when many were bashing them. Even now I am mostly blaming the coach and not all players.

There are players I think are not good enough and that is my right (Mario Rui, Hysaj, Malcuit, Ounas, and Callejon and Milik should not be starters). Everyone else I would like to keep.

Finally, read some of the Italian forums and pundits analysis of Ancelotti. A lot of it is much harsher than what I said.

All I asked you for to not use offensive language. If you can't help yourself then it is what it is. What you have no right to put words in my mouth (like I support Chelsea or want Ancelotti or Napoli to fail).

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I will give him one more season before resorting to criticizing him, but I must admit I have already lost a whole lot of respect for him.

I know I have mentioned it here over and over again, but I really despise anybody who earns more money than is appropriate for any given job, and even more, but what I really cannot and will never digest is those rich brats refusing to accept criticism and responsibility. I have learned two languages to a very satisfactory degree all by myself in order to teach them, and I have also obtained a diploma in a different field of expertise, yet I will never earn anything close to any one of those pigs. The point is, even in spite of this horrible truth, my students and customers overall have the right to criticize me after EVERY lesson, and I MUST respond to that criticism, if there is any, of course. I have to motivate myself without receiving the money that I deserve, just like so many of us. On top of that, the chasm between their lifestyles and my own is not only big, it is unbelievably mad.

Don't take me wrong. I don't really care at all about any of that which I have just ranted about. All I need is love, knowledge, health, and reason. I don't need their old wines or expensive restaurants, cars, houses, pools, and whatever else they all seem to require so badly. I am just ashamed for them, for indeed they are nothing more than a bunch of brats, Ancelloti included, which is very sad. I want a man for a coach, not some apologist who can't even provide the proper results.

It's just the way I feel, and I really do fear that in the future all of this will overwhelm me and I will no longer be able to observe any of it. I've been thinking about dropping this useless society, i.e. many aspects of it, for a long time, and everyday it manages to give me more and more reasonable incentives to finally finalize my plans. It's just painful to watch, making you envy Darwin, who observed that which may be termed the 'lower' animals, but nonetheless certainly the more reasonable.

Sacki repped this.
  19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think Ancelotti has actually misbehaved. He has never said don't criticize me. It is some others that make a fuss.

I feel Ancelotti is humble and a real gentleman and that makes getting angry at him harder.

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    He's one-eyed at the very least, and his vision in the good eye is blurry. That's the expression that I have accumulated so far, though I have no spare time to browse the net to search for support. Maybe later I will do that, or at least try to fish sth out of my memory bank.

21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Who the ******** are you, Sherlock Holmes or something? Go ******** yourself you piece of shit. Ban me, I literally don't care.
    Just to entertain the thought, how old are you? Cannot be a day over 20.
    If what you say has any credibility half the city of Naples are fake fans as well. Jesus Christ have I never met such a rude individual before.

Ancelotti has not moved Napoli anywhere, and was it not for poor from the "other top team" he probably wouldn't even get top 3... But go suck his trophy-wife dick if you want, I'm not holding you back.

With the way things are going, we'll struggle for top-four next season.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You are one weird ************************... But I can agree to some of it. If you had 200.000 tuning in everyday to watch you lecture, you can complain about wages, fact of the matter is nobody cares about your teachings on that scale + you're weird, like Carlos Tevez level weird.

I'm David Lopez weird... which means im here but I shouldn't be ... according to some

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let it be. This guy has been out of line for months. You are better than engaging him.

Moderators should ban him if he lies to personally attacks others. Anything else is a waste of time.

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #550 Sacki, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    He is allowed to have his opinion - I don't care, it's a forum. I'm even against banning in general, everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion on a matter unless they literally are just trolling, which I don't think is the case here. It's the personal attacks combined with the Donald Trump analogy that is getting on my nerves, "I exposed you", "you are fake fans" - really?

But, yeah I see your point. Just gonna ignore him. And if he gets personal one more time, I'm just gonna sarcastically upvote it.