Pre-match: napoli- hellas week 8

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Bedelcigil, Oct 19, 2019.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Consistency sometimes comes with sticking to players as a core group. This team lacks consistency and intensity, so the continued experimentation can be argued to not be working. Now maybe he should try the opposite to see if that works.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    We play like shit. Haven't seen us play well since Cagliari. If we don't come top3 and make the quarters of ucl Ancelotti needs to leave. we don't even play nice

3. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn’t say we play like shit, but there’s no real patterns of play, it’s as if these players just met each other yesterday. There’s also a lack of intensity, we do the bare minimum every game. Against the likes of Spal and Hellas Verona this might be enough but there’s no way we can beat Juventus, Atalanta or Inter playing like this.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even Cagliari was bad

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You just said we played like shit :)

We all agree.

6. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The first 25 minutes against Verona was terrible, but after that we slowly improved. However it's still not good enough given the amount of investment we made in the summer. When I say I don't think we're shit I meant we put 6/10 performances on a weekly basis, whereas under Sarri it was more like 8/10 during most weeks. Sadly I don't think we'll get more than 75 pts this season based on the performances I've seen so far.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's not so easy to say. How many major games had Sarri won? I clearly recall one. I remember losing a lot to bigger clubs. The fact that you perform badly against the smaller teams does not mean that you must necessarily lose the big games. Those are two very different problems. Have you never seen teams that would always demolish the weaker sides like they were nothing only to then lose all the major games? I have...

8. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3 wins over Juventus in 3 years vs 2 wins over Liverpool in 1.5 seasons. Carlo hasn't won that many major games, the argument that Carlo performs better during major games is an overexaggeration. Given the performances I've seen lately I can't see us going to Anfield and getting even a draw or beating Inter home/away.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sarri got a Napoli that finished 5 before Sarri and in 3 years got, 82, 86 and 91 points.

Ancelotti took that and got 79 points. This season seems to be even less. What you say are subjective statements. So far Ancelotti has 3 losses in 3 games against Juve.

PrimeDona repped this.
  10. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can count 4 great performances in the Ancelotti era. The 2 wins over Liverpool, Inter during the penultimate weekend and the away win in Rome. You can also say the two draws against PSG were good performances. The rest has all been quite average.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma and Inter for me. Liverpool win this year was pure luck. We did defensively well but it was not a great game.

The Liverpool and PSG games last year were Sarri ball with Ancelotti tactical adjustments. Will not be able to replicate that.

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I am done with this for sure now. There are so many factors that I think this discussion is futile. I concede that you have most certainly accounted for them all as well as you have justly managed to compare 3 years of work with those of 1.5 years.

I will stick to judging the performance one game at a time...