News: Napoli Europa League 2018/2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Where will we finish?

1. R32 Exit

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. R16 Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quarter Final Exit

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Semi Final Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Finalist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Winner

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm sorry if I have offended anyone or seem careless. Let's just finish the season strong and take it from there.

I was just hoping that we could've done something this season.

Yes, I miss Sarri - he was one of us! And I still love the man. If Ancelotti is ready for another go next season, so am I, but I want us to challenge Juve!

ps. if my responses are shit or shallow, it's because I don't have the time to properly respond.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #452 Sacki, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...otti-arjen-robben-franck-ribery-a7980666.html

I never spread "fake news".
    Do I spin on it? Yes.
    This is coming from Kicker - a decent source.

"The magazine ran a story claiming that Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Mats Hummels, Jérôme Boateng and Thomas Müller were particularly unhappy with Ancelotti’s relaxed training sessions and had so organised ‘secret’ high-intensity sessions behind his back."

Maybe not Lahm, but these are big names and it was embarrassing for Carlo.

How can we use this now? Well, many of you suspect our players are out of shape - maybe, just maybe, it is Ancelotti's fault?

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sarri got a top 6 EPL job - Ancelotti didn't, in fact, Arsenal chose Emery over Ancelotti. Be a little objective yourself, Sarri's achievements as of late, are superior to those of Carlo's. I would take Sarri back in a heartbeat and I'm sure he is better for us than Carlo.

I do appreciate Carlo's rotation though - he has made sure most our squad is viable - Sarri never took the time to do this.

Insigne4BalonD'or and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see a lot of accusations, but no reasons as to why he is incompetent. How come in Bayern (a team with a lot of player power) he was bad, but conversely all his Madrid players have nothing but great things to say about him?

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm basing it on his last job and the fact we got outdone by Arsenal and Emery. If that's not enough for you and you just wanna blame the players or the weather, whatever it is, we played a very bad game in London, only to host them at San Paolo and play the exact same way, I obviously can't change your mind.

Agree to disagree, but a picture of Ancelotti appearing incompetent on today's scene is emerging

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ancelotti not getting a top 6 job in the prem is proof of absolutely nothing. This is a competition he has already won with Chelsea. Unai Emery was always going to be a more natural replacement for Wenger than a tactician like Carlo. Not to mention ADL was very quick to confirm Ancelotti after the end of last season. Ancelotti rejected the Italy job and "other offers from other teams" to become Napoli coach.

I want to remind you that if Sarri does not get Chelsea into the CL for next season, he will be considered a failure even if he wins the europa league.

RichardBarker repped this.
  7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This argument can go on forever. I'll wait till after the transfer market to get an idea of where this team is going and how good of a coach Ancelotti is.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #458 RichardBarker, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Actually if Sarri wins the EL, Chelsea is then admitted to UCL automatically next season. His kind of football needs time, which is why it takes up to 3 season for Napoli to perfect it. Of course winning trophies is another matter.

That should be the correct and prudent thing to do. I often see football fans dislike or even hate on their current coach and prefer their former coach/coaches but often with good reason because the current coach don't deliver the sporting result or there's a drastic fall in standard. However, in Napoli case, by all measure so far, the sporting achievement for Ancelotti first season has been the same, same league position and arguably better European results. From all these diatribe spilled out by these two so call "fans", if an outsider is to read it the posts, they would have thought Ancelotti has landed Napoli in relegation zone!

You are never going to convince these two dickheads with reason regardless how valid they are because in their pea-size brains, Sarri is literally a God. And they will continue to air their double standard arguments, hate on Ancelotti and defend Sarri until the end of the world because to them Sarri can do no wrong. That's all these two fellows know and that's why I call them fake fans. They are Sarri fans, not Napoli fans. Sometimes I guess that's all to their meaning in life.

Watch them come out again in the Serie A thread like flies attracted to rotting flesh if we are to lose or draw the Atalanta game today.

indestructible repped this.
  9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. We need to give Ancelotti time.

If Sarri wins EL he has qualified for CL and will not be considered a failure.

10. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I am always very pleased to debate and discuss issues pertaining to the club with fellow Napoli fans and I have always maintain a polite discourse here. That is until I read the posts from these two fake fans because clearly, they are wishing for the current coach to fail, post after post after post are all about glorifying Sarri's achievement ( while neglecting his failures ) and repeated condemnation how horrible Ancelotti has been, that this bias and double standard is evident for everyone to see. Do you not notice that? That's something I cannot tolerate. When someone come into our house to steal something we call that person a thief. We don't call this person someone who "take things without permission with no intention to return". So I am just calling them out for what they truly are.

Anyway, everyone has said what they want to say and we are already out of the Europa league so maybe time to stop participating in this thread and let's move on.

Yeah, lucky we are not Roma. I am still optimistic about securing second and with a good transfer window, we can look forward to a better next season.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forgot about the winners reward

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Please just let it be. I am glad Napoli is a nice past time for you. Enjoy it.

Some of us watch every game for over 25 years. We will be here with this club in Serie D. Just mind your own business and let’s let it be.

13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think it is useless to argue many of the points which you have attempted to determine. Football is a very difficult sphere of professional activity, and the field is vast.

For example, I personally believe that it is nearly impossible to determine whether a coach is actually any good. I realize that most people will stone me for the given opinion, but I just honestly believe that the factors are that numerous.

In football, it is possible to say to be considered successful from the monetary point of view, like Ventura, for he must have earned a lot working for Italy, but he has failed terribly, and the failure is still engraved in many hearts. Yet just in that short period of time he has earned more than many will earn in life.

You want to determine whether Ancelloti is a genius or was or never has been, but I think those discussions belong to other areas of expertise, though admittedly even there they are difficult to decide. But in football, a variety of different factors can influence your work, so it's a real pain in the ass trying to determine anything about it, and I would really drop that kind of talk in an instant.

It is generally accepted in this world that he who gets lucky is often the most praised, and both consequently and subsequently gets the best and ''easiest'' jobs. It is evident in football and similar fields, and coaches are a great example of such approach. Furthermore, after they had gotten lucky once, it becomes even more difficult to determined their quality afterwards, for they will suddenly find themselves coaching the greatest teams where you probably win if you put in an honest bit of work...

To sum it up, for me it is easy to determine the genius of Edgar Allan Poe, as I can easily determine the scope of his knowledge, skill, intellectual experience, and acumen just by reading a couple of his books of prose or poetry. I don't need to look at how he had been doing on the market, because if my intellect is sufficient to judge the matter appropriately, I will be able to deduce even that, or at least come close.

The juxtaposition is an example of how distinct the two fields are. Poe might have been checked in his work by ill health or injury, and aided by very little but his own honest, incessant intellectual work, while Ancelloti, on the other hand, might have been checked or aided by a number of factors that I don't even want to think about, let alone include them in an honest assessment of his genius. Many of the factors are concealed and buried forever, so the latter really seems rather impossible to me...

RichardBarker repped this.
  14. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    bro euphorias and Richard are weird.

Everyone to their own and we all love the same club but damn

Retrosword repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Euphorias tries to be poetic and sometimes his posts become long and tedious to read. But he is never rude, disrespectful, nor is he aggressive or attacks others when he disagrees and pus lies in their mouth.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  16. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Hey we may be weird but at least we are true fans. :D

I know you are being diplomatic but I will disagree this part as I know these two fake fans only wish ill for Napoli even since their idol-Coach/God left, even if they professed otherwise. Evidence I already elaborated in detail over many post. Anyway, I've made my point. I am not even responding to their insults anymore because all they can throw back at me is how indignant and mad / hurt they are for being challenged and proven wrong. Fake fans with fake opinions. As worthless as garbage.

Sacki repped this.
  17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It's not really trying, I've just learned English by reading tons of classical books, so I guess I sts use the words that I've picked up along the way. Analogies are aways a good thing, I think.

But overall, I prefer when people do no put a label on a person at all, but if they must, let it at least be from an eye to an eye. In a personal discussion it's just you there and nothing more, so a bunch of people can see clearly who they are.

I don't care at all, so no hard feelings. I just wanted to express what I think.