News: Napoli Europa League 2018/2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Insigne4BalonD'or, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Where will we finish?

1. R32 Exit

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. R16 Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quarter Final Exit

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Semi Final Exit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Finalist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Winner

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The team is In transition. Now we must build like spurs.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We finished on 91 points last year

Sacki repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How did Tottenham rebuild. They did not buy a single player. Please don’t just say random stuff.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They believed in the players they brought in. They also have kept the same manager for 5 years.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also I said we should become like spurs...

6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Team is trash, and Ancelotti needs to call it as is. Needs to stop sugar coating this garbage. Stand up and be a leader. Stop being a friend.

7. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #382 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    I watched the Manchester City vs Spurs game prior to this game and seeing how they played, with intensity, belief and pace at a level that's way beyond what Napoli or for that matter even Juventus can muster and it's clear Serie A as a whole is just crap. Was expecting the worst though I still tried to keep the faith and cheer the team on. I do not think rebuilding or revamp the squad is going to make any difference. We will be just like the Milanese clubs.

Most fans don't have the patience for this. It takes persistency and years to build a world class team. All big clubs if we look at their history, took years and years to build / rebuild until a winning mentality takes hold.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #383 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019
    Actually it is you that need to *** off. One moment you were saying Ancelotti is the best alternative after Sarri. Next you said he is a fraud. Look, we are all mad and upset at the result but you should be a bit more consistent.

All you do is to sit in front of your computer and criticize and criticise. You probably derive more satisfaction and joy to see the team/coach fail so that you can come here and brag to us "I told you so". If you are really so smart, go apply for the job of Napoli coach and I will be really interested to see if you can do a better job.

No coach can work miracles if he is not trusted and given time.

9. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ancelotti deserves more time, but he honestly needs to stop caressing the babies on this team. Men need to step up, not be fed and burped.

Insigne4BalonD'or and RichardBarker repped this.
  10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But ADL got rid of Sarri and many fans were happy because we now have a winner.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He said Milik has proved we do not need a striker and this summer people won’t be annoying.

I said from the start this is his retirement. Get rid of him. We need a modern hungry coach.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You need to watch you mouth.

I have been polite with you but at some point enough is enough.

I watch every Napoli game for 30 years.

I don’t need some clueless guy to tell me what is right or wrong. You know little about Napoli and you do bot understand the points I make.

1. I wanted Sarri to stay and blame ADL for getting rid of him

2. I think Ancelotti was the best replacement. But he has failed.

I gave you statistics of how poor the team has been since Christmas. Not only results but also the games.

Before that movement was all Sarri’s work.

3. The fact that Ancelotti still defends most players and says we don't nee strikers proves he is here for the money.

What else do we need to call this for what it is.

Forget tactics but the attitude was unacceptable.

FYI - you send one more offensive message and I will ignore you.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But he won’t. That is the problem. He praises all these losers.

I want Mario Rui or Ghoulam, Hysaj, Allan, Insigne and Ounas gone and Callejon on the bench.

Ancelotti is otherwise a fraud.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sorry but most you guys are building too much perception into the whole Ancelotti debate, he has done a very average job at Napoli.

He is tactically inept - have we been watching the same team play as of late? We were decent at the start of the season because the players were winging it with a Sarri style of build up + we had Hamsik.

He was fired at Munich because they had a team of actual top players calling him a fraud. He cannot function longer on this level - times have changed, he seems clueless tbh. 442 for the sake of what? What exactly has that formation achieved? he keeps insisting on useless Milik to be on the pitch in important games, completely demoralizing Mertens, who on almost every parameter is the (by a large margin) better player.

We have a very good deep team this year - what do you think Sarri could have done with players like Younes, Meret, Malcuit, and Ruiz in the squad? Ruiz especially can cover so many positions.

I don't see how anyone can be happy going from Sarriball to this mess - Sarri would've challenged Juve this year - they are not that great now that Dybala basically never plays.

With the set of players we have, we have got to take the game to the opponent - our players have the quality to so... so why the ******** are we sitting deep and playing long balls to Milik?!

ADL is the true scumbag though, too proud to keep Sarri, who was getting more popular than him, then he basically throws Sarri under the bus chasing a high-end prostitute from Milano

Also, don't forget how rock solid our defence looked under Sarri - unfortunately, Reina wasn't the best gk

Insigne4BalonD'or and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hindsight is 20/20. There was not one person that was unhappy when we signed Ancelotti

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    pretty sure I was at first, but I changed my mind...
    the whole Munich situation left me worried... a lot

but who cares? I dont wanna be right here.
    Ancelotti either needs a new squad or move on

He was chasing benzema and vidal ... while he was coaching Napoli ... never gonna happen we sign those guys

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  17. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #392 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019
    Watch my mouth? So now you got called out and you want to practice censorship? It's really what you have been wishing for isn't it? That the club fail so that you can be "proven right". You have been bias all throughout. I just see through all your BS.

No true fan will have such unbearable negativity about the club he purportedly support. Especially not if one claim he has been following the club loyally for 30 years. Post after post all you do is criticize and wish the club ill. You come alive after every loss to troll the forums and brag to everyone how right you are.

Having follow Napoli for 30 years ( if it is actually true ) does not make you a better fan than me given all your ill wishes for the club to do as bad as possible.

Replying you for the last time

1) I agree with you. I too want Sarri to stay but CA is the best alternative. No fraud of a coach will have a CV like his. You can say he is pass it but to say he is a fraud shows you to be clueless.

2) I disagree Ancelotti has "failed" given the condition of the squad, the gulf in spending / investment and squad quality relative to Juve and against European competition, not to mention he has a jerk of an owner to deal with. As of now, it's all square. In fact, it can be argued Napoli under Ancelotti has done better till date. Napoli got #2 last season under Sarri. We are still #2. Napoli went out of UCL last season with a shameful performance. Then went out of Europa League immediately because Sarri wants to focus only on the league ( and fail to win it ). This season, we exit the champions league by the thinnest of margin in a very strong group. We exit the Europa league until quarter finals with injuries and an overall weaker squad.

Call him a failure if we miss out UCL next season and I will also asked for him to be fired.

3) So you are expecting Ancelotti to say the players are trash? Will that help the squad mentality? Even your beloved Sarri has consistently defend his players. All good coaches do that unless you are Mourinho. And when it comes to transfer, we know in Napoli ADL has all the say and coaches have no power. Surely it doesn't take you 30 years following Napoli and not realized that?

Sorry, I don't need to be polite to any fake fans here that thrive on negativity that belittle the club I love. For a 30 years old fan, you have little maturity and consistency to your thoughts and comments.

Go ahead to ignore me. Better, pack your bags and leave and support Chelsea. And spare us your obnoxious negativity, bias, self-serving and conceited opinions.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was. I said that on this forum.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You said ******** off. That is not arguing. You did the same after we got after the CL.

I never want Napoli to fail. I don’t want to be proven right. It is just obvious that coaches like Ancelotti, Zidane and even Guadriola will not win at teams like Napoli.

I will reply to your points if you apologise for the vulgar language. Otherwise let’s just ignore one another.

ps I will never support anyone but Napoli and certainly not PL teams. I have supported this club when we were bankrupt. So stop this nonsense.

20. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Let's all just calm down. We all love Napoli and are obviously clearly upset with how the team has been recently for the past couple months.

Let's see what happens in the summer. Ancelotti is on thin ice. I still believe he can attract talents to the club like Rafa did.

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that Ancelotti is to blame for some aspects especially in the mental side, but to put all the culpability on him is silly. The players were complete garbage tonight. Tactically, I really do not think he could have done better and I encourage any of you to challenge me on this. Our midfield was not built by him. He has no bench in the midfield because our owner and sporting director (in their infinite wisdom) decided it was better to cash in on Hamsik in January rather than wait for the summer. I think that we underrate Hamsik's departure greatly. But it's not a coincidence to me that since losing him, there has been something severely lacking.There is no leader. Insigne is not a captain as we saw tonight. He does not have the mentality to be that guy. He is also FINISHED in this Napoli. For the sake of his career, he needs to leave the city. It's simply too much pressure.

Callejon is not the same Callejon. He is a shadow of the player that Benitez brought in all those seasons ago. Mertens looks ragged. Zielinski and Ruiz also look completely lost. Allan has been abandoned.

In fairness, yes the side has lost its identity from Sarri to Ancelotti. But if you remember, Sarri didn't even play the cups. Where at least Carlo tried.

You cannot expect to compete at this level if you do not have the willingness to spend. ADL is not honest to the fans about what he wants out of this club. He takes tremendous pride in the fact that he able to balance the books but in the end, that is not a trophy. The fans, me included, we are delusional because we really think that we deserve more.

RichardBarker and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  22. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #397 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019

No, you really do, even if you try to deny it. You said one thing and do another. I need no further proof than few pages back and countless posts you have made. If you don't support this club, you can really f***k off, otherwise what are you doing here? Because I believe this is a Napoli fan forum?

I am all for fair and balance discussion. But if your means of "support "is to find fault and continuously criticizing and wishing ill for the club, just because your beloved ex-coach is no longer here, that makes you a Sarri-fan and not a Napoli fan. Napoli can be spare fans such as you. My posts are merely a re-action to yours.

23. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #398 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019
    Both coaches and players have responsibility. Coaches can only motivate but they cannot force the payers to play well. An analogy will be like a good teacher cannot force a bad student to study and said student end up failing the exams.

As for bayern case you mentioned, maybe it's true maybe it's not, but it could be player power coming to play there.

If Ancelotti is to leave, what alternative we have? The only improvement I can think of is Conte but he isn't coming to Napoli due to his past Juve connection. Everyone else is a gamble or a downgrade.

24. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Agree the older players have regressed while the new players have yet to step up. Some due to age catching up and some due to lack of form.

Yes Insigne need to leave. Think he is tired of being the scapegoat while we are tired of waiting for him to become world-class. He is too sensitive and immature to be captain judging from his tantrums today. But to be fair to him, football is a team sport. No one individual can lift an entire team. Not even CR7 and Messi. He's always hyped beyond his capability and criticized when he can't live up to those expectations.

The root cause of all these ( that we all agree on ) is ADL. Ancelotti is the least of our problems.

25. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    #400 RichardBarker, Apr 18, 2019
    Hard to clam down when after every painful loss, some so called "fans" will come here to sing the "I told you so" tune, pouring oil on fire.

My worry is that this loss will have a huge negative mentality impact on our players for the remaining Serie A games as we saw last season when we capitulate towards the end of the season. Let's hope Ancelotti find way to encourage the players to soldier on and this will not happen.

Of course some 30-years "loyal" fan here will be very happy if this happen so that he has the pleasure to come here and say again that he is "proven right".