Name your 23 today

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Apr 11, 2015.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    None of the Napoli boys are saying this is a scandal. It's more your failed assessment of Gabbiadini's talent that is the issue.

Gabbiadini could have been more useful to this squad than either Eder and Immobile

el napulitan and P di Antonio repped this.
  2. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not here to over-rate Gabbiadini but the argument that he's a bench player for a second place team really holds no baring. He's only 24 years old and has to sit behind Napoli's trident. That's not a very easy role. You have to very good wingers and a striker who scored 36 goals last season. I think in the time Gabbiadini was given a chance he did quite well and needs much more playing time to really show his worth.

Back to your original comment of being a bench player for a second-place team. So if a player is good they need to be a starter for the second place team? Or can they be a bench player for the first place team? How about third and fourth place team players, should we ignore them?

el napulitan repped this.
  3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #803 el napulitan, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    I wouldn't waste your finger muscles, he clearly thinks stats are the only marker for performance, only the ones to suit his agenda obviously. I wonder if he even watches football, Gabs is obviously mediocre because he doesn't play for juve ( not his fault he couldn't learn how to steal). If he had a clue he would have known that Gabbiadini was the best Italian and possibly the best player in Serie A last season whilst at samp, and he was brilliant for a poor Napoli under rafa. He was also good this season until he got injured with Italia which kept him out for 6-8 weeks. Zaza though is fcuking amazing, he's not mediocre now he wears a prison shirt.

Napoli fans do not think its a scandal he hasn't bedn picked, but rather Cuntes picks are scandalous, Zaza, Eder, Rugani, Sturaro, and even pelle was no longer a starter, one of the greatest footballing countries is filled with reserves. Pelle is in this team because he is a big lump and for that reason only, add a bunch of guys in midfield who defend and you have one pathetic team and cowardly decisions by cunte. If he insists with Pelle then Pelle and italys only chance of looking good is Insigne, he is the only one who can consistently hit pin point passes over the defence from short-medium range and thats exactly what Pelle is gonna need. But its not cuntes problem anyway, when we bomb he will be on the first plane out to Chelsea and leave some other mug to clear his shit up.

NickyViola and P di Antonio repped this.
  4. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You'll have to forgive him and save yourself time, he is what is known in the football world, well and real world, as a "juvefcuktard"

P di Antonio repped this.
  5. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is great entertainment. Love reading the posts around here. Keep it up fellas, I'm laughing my ass off!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rosay and el napulitan repped this.
  6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He did play along side higgy and that was the plan for the whole season, Insigne behind Higgy and gabs in a 4-3-1-2 formation, but the first few games didn't get results, (which in reality had nothing to do with the formation but form and maggio being a retard ) then Sarri changed to 433 in the EL, Insignes form and callajons tracking back which gave more balance made it hard for Sarri to play gabs with insigne or Mertens.

Nevertheless Gabs performances were good but as time went on and Napoli started challenging for the title, Sarris inexperience started to show by sticking to the same 11 game after game regardless of performance. Gabbiadinis form was poor after his injury and Sarri probably felt he could rely on him.

Either way gabs is more lethal than anyone in that Italy squad and no argument can be made for not even calling him up to the 30 man squad when he has called Zaza, Rugani, Sturaro and Eder who have gone one step further and actually been included in the final squad.

7. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gabbs would've easily made my 30 and maybe my 23 but in reality, he doesn't move the needle that much - if at all.
    He needs more playing time and a featured role before I decide if he's got the talent I think he has or if he's another Destro/Gilardino.

And this Pelle-hate is annoying. He can easily score a couple outta nowhere. Glad he made the 23.

Rosay repped this.
  8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Same here. I just hope we don't see countless long balls to a double teamed Pelle resulting in nothing.

Rosay repped this.
  9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Insigne and Bernardeschi wouldn't do that. They like to dribble and shoot

10. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Candreva would lol

11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    True. I hope they play often in these Euros.

12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I have a feeling they will. Bernardeschi received his first cap in only March and he made the squad. Conte seems to like him and he looks to want to use him as a sub against Belgium

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both of these player should really be starting every game.

Rosay repped this.
  14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You are still not answering the question that I posed earlier. If Gabbiadini is this great striker, why is he spending so much time on the bench? We can agree that he is not better than Higuain; but it does not explain why he cannot occupy another starting role. He can play as a primary striker, secondary striker, or out on the wing. Sarri sees him more than any of us do and he still elects to use Insigne and Callejon over him. Both are good, but not great players. I don't understand how so many can think that it is this great scandal that a bench player was left home--no different if Eder, Immobile, or Zaza were left home.

If you are going to question Pelle's work rate, I have to question how often you have seen him play. I'll qualify this by saying that I am not a huge fan, but I can understand Conte's tactical election to bring a target man like Pelle who has the capability to hold up play, and set up his teammates.

The rest of the stuff you bring up is not true. It was the Napoli supporters ganging up on me because I criticized on of theirs. I can care less about that or about a player's club when discussing the NT. If Zaza were left at home, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Giak made his mark as a juventino, and I think he is terrible. I also would have taken Jorginho. So there is no support for any of this nonsense that you bring up regarding my allegiance to a club when we are talking about the Azzurri. The delusion is coming from some of the other guys here.

Rosay repped this.
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I wouldn't necessarily say that you ignore a player because he isn't starting for his club. However, the fact that a player has not been able to win a starting role for his side is a factor to be considered when selecting a player. Zaza has looked great for Juve coming off the bench this season; but it doesn't change the fact that he was a fourth-choice striker--and there is a reason that he is fourth choice. No different for Gabbiadini.

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Your stupidity and delusion at its finest yet again. I thought you couldn't be outdone, but this latest incoherent post takes the cake.

Rosay and totti fan repped this.
  17. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I agree. But I don't think Candreva loses his spot at this stage.

calabrese8 and Rosay repped this.
  18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We might start like this as well:

-Insigne-Pelle/Zaza-Candreva-
    -Bernardeschi-DDR-Motta-Florenzi-
    -Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli-
    -Buffon-
    Bernardeschi can play in many positions and I don't know who he will replace. It may well be Darmian's.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    After Scotland, I worry about 3 5 2. I would go 3 4 3 and start this squad...

[​IMG]

Main subs would be Zaza for Pelle, and Insigne for Candreva (moving Bernardeschi to the right)...

Last word on formation/squad until Ventura takes over. For me, this is the best Italy can take the field with based on Conte's selections and my own personal opinions. Zaza off the bench since that was his role all year. Pelle is the only consistent starter Conte choose, and we will have to make due.

Rosay repped this.
  21. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Regardless of Euro results, my hope for Ace Ventura's post-Euro 23:

BUFFON, DONNARUMMA, PERIN
    CHIELLINI, BONNUCCI, ROMAGNOLI, RUGANI
    FLORENZI, DE SCIGLIO, DARMIAN, ZAPPACOSTA
    MARCHISIO, VERRATTI, BASELLI, BENNASI
    BONAVENTURA, CANDREVA, BERNARDESCHI
    INSIGNE, GABBIADINI, ZAZA, EL SHAARAWY, BERARDI

Rosay and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gumbacicc and Rosay repped this.
  23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is a great lineup. You are missing one key name that will probably be there...Andrea Belotti. Especially since Ventura just coached him to a great second half (makes me also think Immobile still has a national team future as well), I think Belotti locks down one of your forward spots (probably from El Shaarway, when his inconsistency rears its ugly head again). I would keep a close eye on Saponara, Jorginho, Soriano, Vasquez...as they could all be important players moving forward. But yeah, those are selections/players to get excited about post Euro's.

Rosay repped this.
  24. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sorry but Conte isn't going to play with both DDR and Thiago Motta in the 3-5-2. Giaccherini is definitely in the starting 11 whether we like it or not

25. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I like this lineup and the subs are perfect