Rumor: Name the MLS Milwaukee club!!!

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by emptysuit, Sep 29, 2011.

1. emptysuit

emptysuit New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    IF the MLS grants Milwaukee a team (not saying they actually will or won't), what would you name them?

My votes are for (in no particular order):
    a. Brew City FC
    Good, but I think the Milwaukee Brewers have claimed the whole "brewery" thing already about Milwaukee, and that's not ALL the city is about.

b. "Third Ward FC", "AC Third Ward", or "Third Ward Football Athletics"
    It would be SUPER COOL to me if the team played in the historic Third Ward warehouse neighborhood and they went with one of those names. I don't see why not, the district is full of shops, restaurants, art galleries and theatre groups, creative businesses and condos, and is right around the corner from the Henry Maier Festival Park. As you know, it's not that uncommon for football teams to be named after a more specific location within a city instead of the just the city itself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historic_Third_Ward,_Milwaukee

c. AC Milwaukee
    Well, it definitely works, and it is FAR better than anything like the "Wiz" in "Sporting KC". But, it just doesn't get me jumping up and down.

d. Milwaukee Warriors
    This one is iffy for me, just because of the Golden State Warriors are known as the "Warriors" and it will be weird when the Warriors come to town and play the Milwaukee Bucks.

Overall I'd want one of the variations of "Third Ward". Sounds cool and Milwaukee fans I think would get behind the name because it sounds "football-ian" and I'm pretty sure they want their team to be taken seriously.

What say you?

2. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Brew City: No, there's already the Brewers.

Third Ward FC: only significant to locals and to me it actually sounds like "third class" :D

AC Milwaukee: Yes it does work and it's the most futbolero. Con: there is already an AC Mil***

Milwauke Warriors: Nice but as you stated there's already a pro sports team with that name.

Any other options? or is this the short list?

3. uhtoni

uhtoni Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    'Waukee Talkies

kidding, Milwaukee FC ? traditional in my opinion

4. goFire29

goFire29 New Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think Voyageurs would be a good fit for a Milwaukee MLS team name. Voyageurs were French-Canadian fur traders that settled in Wisconsin (and Milwaukee) that initially founded the state. The founder of Milwaukee, Solomon Juneau, was a voyageur. Wisconsin has a streak going with its professional sports franchises that have the names of them representing the state in some way. The Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers, Green Bay Packers to name the big ones. Some good names could be Milwaukee Voyageurs FC, FC Voyageurs, Milwaukee Voyageurs, Milwaukee Voyageurs SC, etc.

Bianconeri13 repped this.
  5. goFire29

goFire29 New Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ^^not to mention that it is a very unique name in professional sports as not a single team in North America has claimed it yet :)

6. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Milwaukee Mill Walkers.

7. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From an outsiders' perspective, I like the Bavarians, the already existing team. Anyone? Anyone?

8. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Went to see the Bavarians in a US Open Cup game once, nice little ground.

I'd go for AFC Milwaukee or Milwaukee Badgers.

9. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's always the possibility of another sports team getting involved... AC Brewers? AC Packers?

10. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Milwaukee Creamers FC

La creme de la creme FC

11. AmorCidy112

AmorCidy112 New Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Third Ward Football Athletics

12. vjacobo

vjacobo New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I really like Voyageurs. My ideas are: MKElite or Milwaukee Riders (for the motorcycle rider history with Harley-Davidson there).