Name poll

Discussion in 'Charlotte FC' started by GermanAmerican, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GermanAmerican

Jun 22, 2011
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has been quite s debate over team names and someone requested a poll. Well here ya go.

2. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oak City wouldn't appeal to me, and I'm just over in Chapel Hill. Any potential team needs to take advantage of the growing sprawl outside of the cit limits and not confine itself to one city. Carolina United would require that the team make some effort in SC which they may not, and DC kinda has that one. Airborne ain't my favorite, but I'd get used to it. I like Railhawks because I currently like the Railhawks, but if they ever moved it wouldn't work as well. I'll still go Hawks though.

3. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    No Lokomotiv Carolina?

4. reedinthewind

reedinthewind Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    DC United
  5. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    how about Never Gunna Happen FC.

be happy you have a strong healthy NASL side. Raliegh/Durham, Charlotte, nor anywhere else in NC or SC is going to get an MLS team in a 24 team league.

Atlanta is the only viable SE city (not including FL) and once an MLS team is there the league has the market covered. Add at least one or maybe 2 FL teams and the league will be fine.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Crescent Carolina, Carolina Crescent, or Carolina Crescents... you can even add the FC if you like to make it more Euroish... Crescent Carolina FC has a nice ring to it, and it's applicable for a lot of reasons.

First off, South Carolina... I'd almost swear that 99.9% of the population has at least one picture of their flag with the crescent moon and palmetto somewhere. South Carolinians love that symbol.

Secondly, it is even more applicable to North Carolina given the Piedmont Crescent that connects the three major metro areas: Metrolina, Triad, and Triangle.

7. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    One of the top Academy clubs near me is NC Fusion and I've always liked that name.

NC Fusion FC
    Fusion FC
    Carolina Fusion FC

Our Hockey team gets a lot of a support, and I think we are a pretty good soccer loving state as well. I see no reason why we couldn't support a MLS team preferably in Raleigh.

8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind it, but it's also the name of a contracted MLS team (however, it's also the name of what appears a well-run PDL side, Ventura County Fusion).

I don't care for Railhawks, but Hawks is OK.

It really depends where this team is. Triangle? Charlotte? Triad? Upstate SC? An SC suburb of Charlotte (isn't CLT on the SC border)? They all have different cultures/histories/etc.

9. Akhan786

Akhan786 Member

Mar 1, 2013
    If there ever is one it'd probably be in NC. So what about Airborne FC? Lotta history behind that and kind of has the uniqueness of Arsenal FC's name.

reedinthewind repped this.
  10. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly. What I also like is Pilots, even though most famously it is the University of Portland's nickname. And in their case, it has some sea-related use.

11. Hoosier388

Hoosier388 New Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Charlotte Queen City AC

12. CharlottetownFC

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    I was thinking "Charlotte Town Association Football Club" or "Charlotte Town w/wo the AFC/FC". Of course going with the hometown due to central location and the name allows them to basically keep their current branding, nicknames, and colors if the owners wanted to while also playing off of the cities original name (Charlottetown).

13. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Charlotte Wanderers

Carolina Hearts

Charlotte FC

Charlotte Jungle Ducks

14. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Carolina Mooners?