Nam Tae-Hee @ Valenciennes FC 2011-2012 [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Sergei Mantis, Feb 8, 2011.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Your service to our community is much appreciated, Thanks!

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    NTH does a few jukes and shoots a laser into the top right for a goal.

3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

when all are said and done...this guy might come out looking like a genius. Imagine if he does well in London this summer...he will get picked up!

4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol diving is exactly what you learn by playing there.

Glad he's doing well though; as much as i hate the idea of him playing in Qatar at least he's playing. And i agree, he may get out of there if he does well in Olympics

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If he even gets a chance at playing in the olympics

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

any reason why he would not be called? he seem to display good all around play.

7. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wow this thread is getting pretty racist.... "playing with camels?" wtf?

8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's the term hodori once used. It caught on, i guess

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No idea. Perhaps because it's hard to tell how good he is playing in a retirement home. Or his poor senior team showings.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Drawing the PK by walking through the defense

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnbdoo5_PfU"]‫???????? ????? ????? ???? - ?????? ? ????? | ????? ????‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

Working around a defender and scoring

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky1mkqrCYeo"]‫????? ?????? ????? ??????? 0:1 ???? ????? ???? 2012?‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

11. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What role does NTH play for his club nowadays? Out wide, AM? Well, at least the goal was a stunner. Hope this little break from his European career brings his confidence up a bit.

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't watch tons but from what I've seen he's played all three attacking midfield spots. I don't watch steadily enough to even see what the other guys are really doing let alone positioned.

13. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Looks like he's having fun. we shall see how escapes the desert.

14. Akimize

Akimize Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Granted, he's in Qatar, but it's great to see he's making the most out of it. can't wait for his next move.

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    There's no escaping the desert... :( Even in the Old Testament, it apparently took some people 40 years. And they were still stuck in the desert at the end of the day... He rashly and stupidly went to a forsaken place. I have very little hope for him making an escape...

16. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I am pretty certain nothing in the Old Testament says anything about a football league in Qatar.

Nam Taehee will be back in Europe [or he comes back to Ulsan to do his service]. If anything, he will be let go sooner than he will want to leave. Lekhwiya is far from an ambitious club, but if the opportunity to sign a profile player comes along, they will get it done. Also, if I'm getting this right, it was the manager's sole desire to sign him and there's no telling if the next manager--whom Nam will meet very soon--will enjoy employing him. Middle East clubs hire some sketchy managers, so it's possible. Last but not least, Lekhwiya will probably be happy to release him as long as he does his due and not look to earn money off him when it comes time for two parties to depart from one another.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I was making a facetious bible reference. Anyway, I worry that he'll get picked up by another middle east side and be paid a king's ransom. That could make a young player very complacent and ruin his future...

18. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    that's a good point, hope he does not go sideways. looks as though opportunities from ACL and the Olympics might be his saving grace.

If he can't perform up to par, then he deserves the desert.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think it was salary that drove him there rather than having someone pay his transfer fee. I could be wrong however.

But I doubt many clubs in Europe scout Qatar or even ACL heavily enough for NTH to move on to Europe unless its to a Qatari invested club where he would be buried on the bench.

Its far more plausible that he goes to a k league side for a reduced fee vs VAFC where he can restart his career

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The fear is that if he can't secure a move back to Europe, he'll hesitate moving to the K-League b/c the money is so good in the middle east... [Even if his initial motivation for the Qatar move wasn't driven by wages]

That's my fear at least...

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hard not to be concerned. Its so frustrating because we're seeing all the great things he could have done given an opportunity and the responsibility. I mean, I didn't even know he could shoot free kicks let alone provide both corners. But its all wasted.

There are more worst case scenarios than good scenarios.

22. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm sure there's more than a few footballing figures around Europe who are keeping a close eye on Nam's news. He spent his time in two different countries during his youth, got more than a couple of clubs interested for his service, and went on to play 36 Ligue 1 matches. Thousands of football personnel watched him kick balls, some must have liked what they saw.

23. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    That's because he can't. I have no idea why he's taking the corners and indirect freekicks. He's not very good at it.

[If you ask me how he's been raking the assists, I couldn't give you an answer, but still, it doesn't take an expert's observation to see that his delivery aren't coming fast and accurately enough].

As for direct freekicks, almost anyone can kick it and get it in every once blue moon.

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So you watching the desert football too then? :D

His accuracy and bend has been really good even if his power is off. Its clearly not good enough to be a set piece taker at any legit club. But it points to his ability to play out wide when I thought he was more limited out there.

ps. My observations are based on 3 matches while I work. And he had at least one if not two go off the bar and one nicely saved from my recollection.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic