Nakata

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RSwenson, Oct 7, 2002.

1. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    jesus christ i got excited amd thought the revs were signing hidetoshi nakata...guess ill just have to get him in championship manager then

2. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I wonder why I never go to games any more.

A thread like this with comments from people like georgeplmr makes it all the more clear...

Andy

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so George is such a tool that he goes to Home Depot for a family reunion, but that fact aside, what does it take to get you back on the bandwagon?

Sure there are things I may not like 100% about the experience, but those are outweighed by the fact that we are this close to a Cup Final and regardless of what happens in the next games, the team is better than any of us have ever seen. Jeez, do I sound like not-so-curious George? Never mind. Please just shoot me now.

Anyway, I even saw a guy who Richard Goulooze once called "that wee scouser fooker" at a couple of recent games.

Tom

4. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have asked myself this question a lot this year but I am not sure I have the answer. The Revs might as well be GKS Belchatow from Poland so little is my connection with the Revs now a days.

As you know Tom, I have a ton of interest in stadiums. The deal breaker for me this year was going to the US doubleheader. The stadium could not have felt more foreign to me as a soccer fan.

It was then that I realized what I had always feared, the Krafts care not 1 iota about the Revs.

I stayed till the end of the US game, left after the final whistle and have not been back since. I have not watched more than 10 minutes of any Rev game all year on TV.

It is quite sad in a way because you know how much the team meant to me.

Will I ever come back? At this point, outside of new ownership and/or a different stadium, I doubt it.

I have become everything I detested years ago. A soccer nut who does not follow the local side.

Andy

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's too bad, Andy. I hope you do manage to come back, even if it's just to see the boys win it all in about 10 days.

I agree that the stadium is perhaps the worst thing about the Revs--there is no character or soul to the place, it's no different than going to the mall. It's basically exactly like every other modern NFL stadium.

Still, giving up on the Revs would be hard, but I suppose everyone has their threshold.

Tom

6. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    I don't think this is a fair statement. There are a good number of reasons for anyone, soccer fan or not, to decide not to spend their money to attend a Revs game, including the fact that a 70,000 seat stadium is not condusive to enjoying an event with 15,000 people in attendance. But I have met the Krafts on numerous occasions, and I have always been amazed at the degree that they do, in fact, care about the Revs. They might not care as much as I might, nor as much as they do about the Pats. And we may not see eye-to-eye about how they should spend their money in support of the Revs. But it's a cheap shot, and unnecessary to your argument, to claim that they don't give a fig.

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

7. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure it is a fair statement because its what I believe and is central to why I don't come to or watch games anymore.

If there was a person who wanted to buy the Revs, the Krafts would sell in a nano second IMO.

They don't give a fig, IMO.

It's not a cheap shot, it is an opinion held by more people than you probably realize.

There are people who know more about the Revs than this entire board combined and they have intimated to me that there was a DIRECT connection between the Krafts holding back the money from their cash call, and then ending up with all the draft picks two weeks later.

The Krafts told me everything they needed to tell me about their commitment to soccer when they decided to not invest in SUM. They have made sure that once they decide to get out of soccer, it will be as easy as they can make it. Had the Krafts had any long term interest in the sport or the league, investing in SUM was an obvious choice.

And yes, most of this is my opinion, but don't you dare for a second believe that you understand my point of view better than I do.

Andy

8. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Actually, that tells me about their commitment to investing additional money in soccer, which is a different thing. They do not have Anschutz's-level of wealth, after all.

I do believe that the Krafts care about the Revs and soccer; I've seen it with my own eyes and ears. But I also think they are not looking to make it a bottomless charitable cause either, and this causes them to make decisions that may antagonize us fans.

I wouldn't dream of it; it's your call. If you choose to be irrideemably bitter, that's absolutely your choice. Others, who have an equally dim view of the Krafts and the off-field decisions that have been made, choose to be happy. That's their choice.

9. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not bitter. That would indicate that I still care. Apethetic is a better term.

Well that tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of SUM and why it is critical to the survival of MLS.

You are one of the few and proud I am afraid.

This, I agree with entirely.

However, they should never feign surprise at why the fan base may be close to 30% smaller than it was back in the day.

Andy

10. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Andy-B - fan of soccer investors not soccer.

11. mallon

mallon New Member

Feb 15, 1999
    That's funny. I can't even begin to tell you how funny. I've known Andy for 10 years. How about you?

12. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Oh how witty you are Tommy

And with much pleasure - bang.

13. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    And add that Andy's been involved with the US Soccer scene since before the beginning.

revoke and georgeplmr, the clueless twins.

14. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    US Soccer has a pre-history ? Wow who would have thunk it

And I'm clueless why ? Because I don't agree with your views ? That's a great arguement.

15. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    No you're clueless because people answer your questions and you refuse to "internet listen" or call it what you will.

16. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Care to translate that into english or into a coherent thought so that I might understand what it is you are trying to say ?

17. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I'll translate it if I ************ing feel like it.

You asked what people wanted from the Krafts in another thread, people told you, they gave you answers. You refused to acknowlege the answers, and put words in people's mouths while you were at it.

Add that you have contributed little but the same old drivel time and time again, and you wonder why I don't think too highly of your opinions.

18. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Take your Ritalin

And you are who again ? So I should care what you think of me why ?

19. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    I'm not asking you to care about what I have to say, nor would I. However, you seem to do an awful lot of jumping down the throats of people you don't know, exactly what you seem to be accusing me of doing. BTW, to clear one thing up, I'm a NE native.

I'm done with this. This can be a pissing contest that would go on for hours, and I ain't interested in that. I've stated my case, and that's enough for me.

20. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    OK then we agree to disagree on a lot of things

Fine by me

I'd offer to buy you a beer but this pissing contest really broke the seal and I don't feel like renting for such a short time

GO REVS !

21. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Nakata: the thread that wouldn't die. Transcripts will be in your video stores by Halloween.

22. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    "I'd offer to buy you a beer but this pissing contest really broke the seal and I don't feel like renting for such a short time...

Care to translate that into english or into a coherent thought so that I might understand what it is you are trying to say ?

The Magpie

23. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001
    I don't know him at all, I just read what he wrote.

Do you read the garbage he posted on this thread? somthing about how his appreciation of rev soccer is directly tied to how much money the krafts spend and when they spend it on what?

If you can't support the revs on the cusp of a cup final, because of some hearsay and faceless factoids about when & how much the krafts pay or how loyal they are... well then i would say that you are worried about soccer business and not the beautiful game itself.

Andy must be a big time Business Man on the Soccer Scene if he has his minions send out the dogs to let us know of his soccer pedigree.

oh- wait maybe he's right. I won't support the revs either. not untill Kraft can afford to fellate Andy and the rest of the magnificent malcontent posse.

signed - clueless rev fan (who now hates the revs because of krafts accounting practices and the downturn in the economy.)

24. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rev-oke,

Let me know when the egg finishes dripping off your face.

I think the best part of this is how little he realizes just how silly he looks. Quite amusing in fact.

Andy

25. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Jeff et. al.

You are a vocal minorty, and the krafts, and most of the fans beyond the 10 people in the fort DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY.

With fans like you, who needs Will McDonnough, Jime Rome and others.

The rest of us will support our team in this fantastic cinderella story of a dream season.