Najar Helps Honduras Beat Spain

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Hedbal, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the match, but reports are that Andy Najar started the play that led to Honduras' only goal, which proved to be enough to defeat favored Spain 1-0. Shockingly, Spain won't advance whatever the outcome of their third match, despite being pegged as a strong contender to win the gold. Good for Andy and, I hope, good for DC United when he returns.

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I won't miss this Spanish team.

3. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they went back to the old Spanish model of underperforming.

4. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they went back to the old Spanish model of under performing.

5. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Being from Italy, I am the happiest person in the world today!

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ummm, there's this [R] thing and the game was tape delayed, BTW

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    DISCLAIMER: This rant isn't a knock on you.

So you're the person who somehow doesn't know any of the results of the events? NBC wishes there were a few million more of you. I was wondering if that person existed even existed anymore. The presentation of these Games has been a joke. NBC is showing everything live online and isn't restricting viewings or pretending things haven't happened like they did in the past. I understand they want to preserve primetime, but the top stories on their websites are the upsets for the night. Especially on a weekend, there is little reason to tape delay like NBC has done for some of the premier events. FWIW, I believe Telemundo showed the match live and other channels cut into their broadcast for the finale of the Spain game and updates. It was only delayed for the US of American English broadcast.

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not necessarily so bad, if you're a DirecTV customer. Between the stuff shown on the NBC secondary channels (NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, Bravo, etc.), and the sport-specific channels that DirecTV has set up in the channel 700-area (e.g. the soccer channel), you can see almost everything live on DirecTV. I didn't know this until yesterday, when I stumbled upon the channels in the 700s. Now if only I cared about the Olympics at all, I'd be all set; but why would anyone do that? :)

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    My problem isn't with events not being shown. Just about everything is being shown now. I would almost prefer all or nothing at this point. I don't want everything except a particular final shown because NBC wants to make it a primetime event 6+ hours after it happens. Play it up even more and jack up the production for primetime. Don't make it an online only viewing with some random Brit announcers though. Give me the random announcers as it happens.

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I stopped caring about the olympics after the 1972 men's basketball match fixing. But having said that, "ha ha, Spain!"

West Coast Futbol repped this.
  11. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    BTW: Iba was the reason we lost three times ...

12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Any live streaming for the game Wednesday morning?

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It's a noon start here. I'm sure the normal places will have it as well.