News: Nah, I think I'll stay on - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just saw Griezz now has a documentary on Netflix called "the making of a legend"

What a ********ing disgrace.

2. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm sure he didn't pick the name, but he's still a cocky little ******** that thinks he's a lot better than he is.

3. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pat's homophobic comments, Pogs Madrid comments, Rabiot described as a male Kardashian in this forum and now this shit makes it a spectacular week for Les Bleus.

4. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I dont even care what the name is. What the ******** has he even done yo deserve a documentary?

Nothing about him sticks out at all.

5. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's interesting about Griezmann is that I definitely believe he has it in him to legitimately be among the very best players in the game right now. The Euros in 2016 and the season leading up to it is where he looked at his best IMO, in terms of his overall: his movement on and off the ball, intelligence, in addition to the quality/quantity of goals he scored. He looked to be on his way to at least be spoken up there with some of the very best.
    His production with both Atleti and France since has stayed relatively the same numbers wise, but something has been off for me and he does not appear to the influential presence he used to be, not so long ago. And right now is where we should see him at his very best also. He's a good enough player still, but as he wants it to be, he should be challenging for Ballon D'Or titles right now and he's not on that level right now.

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already was mentioned during this past WC, but if England can sort their midfield out (especially in the creative spectrum), this is a team that will be pretty much set and could be dangerous for years to come.
    Lots of very good talent all over the pitch, particularly on the offensive end. Pickford is somewhat of a question mark, but until someone else comes to the fore, he'll do I suppose.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    jnielsen repped this.
  9. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rice crisp pass forward to Sancho who makes a short run and passes to Hudson-Odoi whose shot is saved but accidentally turned in by a defender.

All three not even on the radar a few years ago.

Deadtigers and Anonymous_United repped this.
  10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That Rice crisp comment did not go unnoticed. :p

11. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty hyped about this new generation of English players coming through. Nothing to fear with Sterling at the wheel.

jeff070 repped this.
  12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    None of them are rigid, Sterling Sancho Kane Rashford can play multiple positions and very mobile, unlike last golden generation.. Is it down to modern football or just coaching? both at national and club level..

jnielsen repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the evolution of Sterling.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...us-explained-the-development-of-a-rare-talent

Will be the first to admit that I've been kind of surprised by how he really blew up this season. He showed promise at Pool and he definitely had something that warranted City making a big money move for him.
    Ultimately thought he would become a good player, but this season he's showing superstar traits. And I guess it's fair to say that Pep probably has to get credit here for the work he's done with him. The question now is not just if he can maintain that level of form but how far can he go. He's just 24 after all and his best years are still ahead of him.

SyedZada repped this.
  15. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Weekend feels weird without club football.

16. Gilma1990

Gilma1990 Member+

Jul 30, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could tune into March Madness..

17. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    They'll win at least one World Cup.

I am not liking Dier in the middle though the more I see their attacking team. They need a better connector than Dier.

Deadtigers repped this.
  18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #643 Ashur, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    The holding midfield role is definitely not England's biggest worry with Rice coming up. It will not be too long, provided he continues to progress the way he has, before he takes Dier's place.
    Southgate's biggest worry is to find some creativity in his midfield, especially from the B2B role. Barkley has been better this season with Chelsea, but the fact that Southgate actually had to use indicates he's still light in that area.
    Loftus-Cheek would be a good option, but he doesn't get to play enough right now at club level (something that needs to change, lest they want to see a solid prospect failing to realize his potential).
    Maybe someone else will come to the fore, but that position was an issue in the WC during the crucial stages and it remains so today (Ward-Prowse might be another option). England is almost 2 deep with quality players in just about every position, except for that one...

19. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which position do you suppose Foden will settle into if he pans out?

I like Loftus Cheek in general, and JWP and Rice are both interesting players to me as well. Need to see them play more though.

jeff070 and Chaz Striker repped this.
  20. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Agreed on Loftus and Prowse. As they come in the team will get better. Harry Winks is good too at linking defense to offense.

Foden should be used similar to what he was used in the U17 World Cup. He had a free roaming attacking role.

It will be tough for Foden though I prefer him over many of the attacking players, he is going to have tough time to break through. Sterling has not even hit his prime yet along with Kane.

Sancho is vying for a starting position along with Rash.

If it were up to me I'd play Foden in a similar role as Delle Alli roaming behind Kane and get him on the ball. The runners would be on the outside in Rash and Sancho or Sterling. It is fluid system. Sterling comes inside Foden goes out, Sancho stays wide but can switch sides, something like that.

Southgate almost has to play a 4-2-3-1 to play most of his attacking players but they will be exposed defensively which is why a good midfield is needed.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  21. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Wales is looking really good attacking wise. They have options and talent. Hopefully Giggs is able to coach them up.

I am liking Brooks a lot with his dangling legs Ronaldo like.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Low going with what appears to be a 3-5-2, with Sane and Gnabry upfront (no recognized 9) vs Holland today is an interesting choice.

And it looks justified as Sane opens the score.

23. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why the hell is Babel on the field? He looks lost so far and well off the pace.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great ball from Promes for Babel. Neuer makes a good save, but Babel really should have made it more difficult for him, if we're being honest.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's certainly an interesting choice from Koeman. But Holland really need to have a reliable, top shelf 9. Should give Koeman more options in terms of shifting resources upfront (like playing Depay in Babel's spot for instance).
    Bergwijn is another who could wide left for Babel as well.