The Odyssey continues: Erik Palmer-Brown at Panathinaikos

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ShaftBrewer, FirstStar, TxEx and 5 others repped this.
  2. UniversalAdvice

Apr 18, 2018
    Another day, another loss for NAC as they fall to 16th-placed Groningen 5-2. Yikes.

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    As long as our boi is getting them 90 mins :D

4. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pressure on van der Gaag? Looking at player ratings it seems everyone is playing poorly, which is the kind of thing that gets blamed on managers.

Has anybody seen NAC play much this year? Judging by the number of shots they give up they must be getting overrun in midfield (or all over the field). I wonder if EPB would help them at D-mid...

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Their central midfield is a 21 year old right back and a guy who flopped in one of the worst clubs in the Russian league (disbanded this year), what else can you expect?

uniteo repped this.
  6. Stats show NAC must score at least 30 points in the remaining matches to avoid relegation. That's going to be a tall order.
    EPB didnot look good with the 4th and 5th goal.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    5 wins and 15 draws isn't possible?

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    For NAC? Yes, impossible. Even if they improved quite a bit, they'd still lose nearly half of their games (visiting much stronger teams), so they'd need 30 points from about 12 games. That's winning nine out of those 12. Not happening.

But they just have to catch Farmers and get lucky in the relegation playoff. That's doable.

9. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So he probably could help them

Based on the above, he could hardly be worse than what they've got. IIRC he did play a few games at DM for Porto B.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NAC beat Vitesse 2-1, no EPB

12. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Breda. Not so great for EPB.

13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So they went three losses in a row playing EPB, benched him, and got a win and a tie after. This loan is starting to look like a fiasco.

15. NAC should have won the match.It was unbelievable the kind of chances they managed to not score.

16. Another CD youngster in ManCity stable:
    http://www.football-oranje.com/sandler-hoping-for-manchester-city-debut/
    Sandler hoping for Manchester City debut
    Posted by admin on December 14th, 2018 07:53 PM | Dutchmen Abroad, News

Phillipe Sandler is returning to fitness and is hoping to get his chance in the Manchester City first team this winter.

[​IMG]

The 21-year-old made the move from PEC Zwolle to Manchester City in the summer but has struggled with injury issues since then.

Speaking to the club’s official website, Sandler said he is returning to fitness and is ready to be called on if Pep Guardiola needs him.

He said, “I’ve been back in training for about six weeks after tearing my meniscus and I had my first full game against Barnsley in the Checkatrade Trophy.

“It’s a lot different here in England. Physically, it’s much more demanding and Pep wants us to play a certain way and one that I am, of course, learning.”

Sandler believes his playing style is one of the reasons he was brought in by the Premier League champions, “You have to be confident on the ball, able to receive passes under pressure and be able to start playing out from deep positions – that’s how I played in Holland and that is why I was brought to City.

“I think my playing style is the reason I’m here now because I play in a way the manager wants.

“All the central defenders we have at City are top-line players and it’s a privilege to be able to train with them and learn from them every day.

“I watch every game closely and during every training session watch what they do, how they cope with the pressure in certain situations and suchlike.

“It’s really good here – the players and the staff have been great with me and the I really like Manchester as a city and the people are really nice, too. I’m really happy.”

The new year schedule sees Manchester City play several matches in close succession and Sandler is hoping to make his debut, “The main thing for me was to get fit and I’m getting there – not quite at the same match fitness level as I need to be yet, but obviously I’m working hard to be 100% fit and ready to play if needed.

“If I can get an opportunity to be involved in any of the squads in the New Year it would be fantastic, but I just have to work hard and see what happens
    .”

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    So a guy who was not called to the Netherlands team that failed to qualify from the 2017 U20 World Cup is going to play for ManCity, but the guy who was one of the best CBs in that World Cup is not even playing for the team that is like ManCity's parking lot?

comoesa, adam tash and TheFalseNine repped this.
  18. I still have to see it happen.

19. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I tell you what it is, it's anti-American discrimination."

20. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Few years after watching Freddy abusing Marcello at U-20 WC I stopped taking individual performances there seriously.

DHC1 repped this.
  21. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Freddy is the poster child for ani-American discrimination. If only he hadn't been screwed by the lousy coaches at ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________, ____________ and ____________.

striker, Dirt McGirt and DirectK repped this.
  22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Discrimination of anti-Americans? :p

23. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zinkoff, bballshawn, ttrevett and 4 others repped this.