Oberlín Pineda & Rodolfo Pizarro @ AEK F.C.

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Lukato, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    They went up 3-0 and ref called offside after review. Didn’t look offside to me, the fix is in.

2. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

Siendo que Mohamed siempre ha sido resultadista, el formato de liga le sienta mucho mejor que liga y liguilla. Araujo en plan grande:

Mohamed outCholoed Simeone

3. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I can see this guy and salcedo being our starting CBs. He's been really aggressive this game. Salcedo is also an aggressive CB maybe they'll make good partners.

JJV1994, SGuerrilla, icybauer and 3 others repped this.
  4. Chico Facil

Chico Facil Member+

Nov 8, 2014
    Club:
    Fløya IF Tromsø
    Wow! I have to admit that I didn't see this coming. Great to see him having so much success.

JJV1994, icybauer, El Verde and 5 others repped this.
  5. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Damn right. Although it does make me sad to think how we could've done if he had been there in Russia 2018.

6. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    https://streamable.com/ij1kq

7. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    DankYummy and Overachiever repped this.
  8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

DankYummy and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  9. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  10. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I wonder how many people work for this site. The ratings aren’t simple. Kinda cool to think someone’s getting paid to sit there and take stats from the game.

11. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
  13. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It’s moments like this where my frustration is at a high. Players like Araujo could’ve been doing this for a while, and some will never go to Europe.

14. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't hold back your feelings on this.

15. latinlinc

latinlinc Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There's no way to know for sure if this is true. Maybe an extra year or two in Liga MX helped him develop into the stud he is now. Look what happened with D. Reyes. Went to Europe at a younger age than Araujo, bounced from team to team, and is now playing in Turkey. Consider that a few years ago Reyes was easily considered the better prospect.

Californian81 and and1football repped this.
  16. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Or maybe that extra year or two didn't help at all. Fabian was getting extra comfortable and then he transferred had a good season before his injury. Guardado left at the same age Reyes did and look at him. Chucky was having a mediocre season until he transferred and now he's beasting in Europe.

DankYummy repped this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    I saw it 7 years ago in Copa America when he was one of our best players. He has been severely underrated and overlooked the last 7 years imo.

18. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember that Araujo was beasting at the beginning of his career with frustrazul and selección but then he had some indiscipline issues before the Olympics and he was benched because they got some extranjeros

DankYummy, Otaku and LGRod repped this.
  19. latinlinc

latinlinc Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think a better indication of success is ability rather than age. For example, Araujo became the undisputed Nat'l team starter leading up to the WC. Which means that he was the best Mexican at his position at that given time. Which made him ripe enough to move abroad based on ability. Again, i'm just trying to point out that it's best if players move abroad once they've reached a certain level of quality. Irregardless of age.

As for Chucky, he was regarded as the best Mexican player in Liga Mx. Based on metrics he was easily one of the better dribblers and even led his team to a Liga Mx title and the club WC. And he was getting called up the Nat'l team on a reg basis. Yes, he was rather young but in spite of that he excelled. He was the best player on a title winning team.

Fabian never solidified his position as the best Mexican player in Liga Mx. Nor did he win a scoring title. In fact, he transferred to Cruz Azul then got shipped back to Chivas before moving to Europe. And yes, he had a good season but he's healthy now and can't even find playing time. This at an age where he should still be at his peak.

Guardado transferred based on potential and he fulfilled it. But for every Guardado there is a tecatito. Player with tons of potential and very little to show for it.

20. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pls don't clog up this board with intelligent, well thought out and rational posts!

21. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan

Well you're the one that was talking about Reyes going to Europe at a younger age and how he's bouncing around now because he didn't spend that extra year or two at liga MX. I'm saying these guys are getting comfortable at liga MX and not playing to their full potential because it's not challenging enough. So why not let them leave sooner rather than later? That whole "process" thing probably isn't helping us at the NATl team level. If it doesn't work out, fine go back to liga MX make your millions, if it does then we'll have another quality player. Maybe 6 months to a year in Europe is better experience than 2 yrs in liga MX.

JJV1994 repped this.
  22. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    - ¿Es cierto que ha renunciado a la citación con México?

- En realidad ha sido una decisión conjunta. Necesito, como te dije, estar al ciento por ciento de la pierna y todavía me falta mucha fuerza. El otro día, hablando con el fisio de la selección, comentamos que lo mejor era que me quedase a trabajar fuerza porque, si trabajas fuerza, y tienes partidos muy próximos, es probable que venga una lesión. Entonces, no tenía caso que viajara. Por eso me quedé, para trabajar ese compensatorio que me va a ayudar a llegar al cien por cien.

https://www.farodevigo.es/celta-de-vigo/2018/09/09/nestor-araujo-mohamed-quiere-celta/1958395.html

Lukato, JJV1994, DankYummy and 1 other person repped this.
  24. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    DankYummy repped this.
  25. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol, the name of #5 on the bench