News: Myanmar Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yazadarit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I'll be supporting Delta United as it's my mom's hometown and pity for it being the cyclone Nargis hit delta. Yangon would be next as it's my hometown. Yadanarbon might be my third, though not very emotionally attached, only because it covers Pyinmana, my Dad's hometown.

Has anyone here chosen any team to root for?

2. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Mom's hometown is Bogale, part of the Irrawaddy delta that Delta United covers... and a big victim city of cyclone Nargis.

The delta should have something cheer for. Hope Delta United brings them some joy.

3. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Since I am from Yangon, Yan U ought to be the one I would support.

4. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah, it is very unfortunate for the cyclone victim. I really hope that they can rebuild their lives asap.

5. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    What's the result for Kanbawza vs Okktha?

There could be up to 40 foreigners playing in Myanmar for the new season in 2010 (this is starting league cup, if i'm not wrong, transfers are not over yet?)

It's no big deal for countries like S'pore or Malaysia, but I'm not used to the idea of Myanmar being in this situation. Good luck!

6. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I guess Yan U and Kanbawza would be the most high profile teams.

7. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    I think Kanbawza won 3-0 (don't know who scored).
    For key teams to watch I'd include Yadanarpone with Kanbawza and Yangon United. Yadanarpone has Yan Paing and he looked pretty good in the Youtube clip (thanks to the person who posted).
    Looking at AFC President's Cup team list all players from Kanbawza are Myanmar. This may change in the future? Or, will we have a team like Chivas of Mexico, a contender in the Mexican League, where they take pride in having no foreign players?

8. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Must see Match!! This is the most competative match I've seen so far. I quite like to Magway FC. Even though they are built with young players, they play very well and they are hardworking.

Enjoy!

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57666924"]Delta Utd FC 1-1 Magway FC Video by boy - MySpace Video[/ame]

9. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Avocados, u can check the latest score here: www.soccermyanmar.com

10. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    You would add Magway FC in your list after seeing the Match :)

11. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    There is the rumor that Zeyar Shwe Myae's CEO suffered the heart-attack after seeing his team losing to Yan U with 4:0 in the opening match of the MNL!

12. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    15:53 is cool.

Pretty good for current situation. This is like the very beginning, could only get better. If all MNL games like that, and improve overtime, fans won't be so bored. There's future.

Recognizable names in Magway FC, Bo Bo Aung, Si Thu Win, San Day Thein.

Delta - Soe Thiha Aung.

I didn't see foreigners or heard of foreigners being mentioned to be in the Magway team. Did they buy any? Did Kanbawza buy any?

Delta has Fernando and 2 more Argentineans.

13. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Did he make a bet? haha.

14. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Ivan Kolev might be right to some extent. He said Myanmar has potential players all over the country.

15. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yangon FC vs. Magway FC

Good game on paper.

16. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Yadanarpon FC 0-0 Zayar Shwe Myay FC.....yadanarpon played second half with only 10 players cuz Kyaw Zayar Min got red card in 40 minute.......Zayer shwe myay iz a gud team but they couldn't play gud cuz of injury players....players like Yazar Win Thein,Aung Myo Thant and Zaw Lin Htun couldn't play gud cuz they're injured....but they have a gud squad...i'm a big fan of Yangon Untied since i'm from Yangon.....i hope they win da cup....Myo Min Htun,Kyaw Thu Ya,Kyi Lin,and Aung Aung Oo r my favorite players....

17. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yangon and Magway game should be nice to watch because both teams have nippy ground control.

18. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Burmese players have pace and agility. Sometimes nice to watch them play with they make use of it to full effect.

But the players lack the final kick. And they get confused and make blunders, although other asean teams do that too, less often or not.

myanmar players lack technique of executing passes or shots effectively. They could play a few flicks with fast play and looks nice and beautiful at times, but when they make blunders at the final shot, it's ugly. The final shots at goal are also soft at times and not accurate. Now I understand why myanmar national team have a hard time scoring.

Also their passes are sometimes weak in strength and accuracy. If they are playing against a better team or more experienced professionals, many passes could have been intercepted.

Myanmar teams also need tactics. They play too quickly, ball is all over the field. They should just position properly, calm down and pass slowly. Although it happened in the Kanbawza game, which turned out to be boring. But running and scattering all over is not beautiful either. I think a fast game like Magway FC vs. Delta United with better positioning and calm effective play, would make it great.

Players in other countries, an example S'pore, might play slower, less agile, but they kick effectively. Although they do have trouble getting a few passes together, their final shots are effective and straight to the point. Goal.

19. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yeah, Zeyar Shwe Myay is good team. Their play is good for counter attacks. Couldn't believe they lost 4-0 to Yangon. No wonder their CEO heart-attack, whether it's true or not.

20. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Could anyone update on the foreigners? Did Kanbawza and Zeyar Shwe Myay bought any?

I'm rather slow in burmese reading. None of the english sites are updating.. that's not very fair..

21. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    I don't think either team has foreigners in their squad.

22. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
  23. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Zeyar Shwe Myae vs Yadanarpone

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57803876"]Zeyarshwemyay FC 0-0 Yadanarbon FC Video by boy - MySpace Video[/ame]

24. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Wow...Yan U 0:2 Magway FC

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=57856683"]Yangon United FC 0-2 Magway FC Video by boy - MySpace Video[/ame]

25. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Kanbawza 1:0 Southern Myanmar