News: Myanmar Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yazadarit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
  2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  3. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Easy win for us then. But we want the match instead :(

Thanks for the update, druryfire.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yeah, i'm sure your coach would have been much happier with the run out.

You've got Vietnam next, so that will be tough, so the run out would have helped.

I'm not sure why East Timor didn't arrange better plans to get to Vietnam, so maybe they should be warned, but at leats they haven't pulled out altogether like a few others.

It will be interesting to see the final standings, and see if the 3-0 awarded result is good enough or not, i'd hate to see the final standings come down to goal difference, and hope when East Timor do play, they don't get hammered (i'd hate to see anyone score more than 3 goals against them).

5. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    yeah, the first thing in my mind was that what if other teams beat East Timor with more than 3 goals margin, which is very likely.

It seems like East Timor FA doesn't have enough fund for these trips. They have done that before, only arriving just b4 their opening match, because they have to choose the longer (porbably cheapest) route. But admire their spirit to come all the way to join the tournament. Hope they would show the same spirit in the remaining matches.

Yes, next match against Viet would be tough.

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Malaysia stuffed East Timor 7-1 in their game today, so a plus 6 goal difference for them. Makes Myanmar look like they have been punished by only being awarded 3 goals.

7. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Damn!! Now we have to beat Malaysia to get to the semi. Any news for today Myan - Viet match result?

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Vietnam - Myanmar 3-1

Myanmar 4 red cards :eek:

9. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    :mad: what have they done?

10. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    http://www.aseanfootball.org/headlines_01.asp?id=966

Down to 8 players in 44th mins and end up with 7 Players??? What a Joke!!

VIETNAM BOOK SEMIS BERTH, SIX RED CARDS SERVED

HO CHI MINH CITY (6 August 2009) – Hosts Vietnam came from behind to defeat Myanmar and sensationally secure their place in the semi-finals of the AFF Under-19 Championship here on a day of top class action and drama at both venues.

A total of 18 goals were recorded on the score sheets which also saw six red cards being listed.

While Vietnam are comfortably through, Malaysia and Myanmar will have to battle it out for the other spot in Group B in two days.

In Group A, Thailand, Australia and Singapore all picked up points to remain on the run for the two semi-final slots.

At the Thanh Long Sports Complex this afternoon, striker Thamil Arasu Ambumanee was the toast of the Malaysian side when he blasted five goals – two of them from the spot – as his team whipped 8-man Timor
    Leste 7-1.

Thamil scored in the 18th (pen), 33rd, 73rd(pen), 84th and 87th minutes.

Malaysia’s other goals came from Mohamad Fandi Othman(24th) and Mohd Fadhli Mohd Shas (82nd).

Timor Leste meanwhile lost their first player in the 70th minute when goalkeeper Ramos Saozinho Ribeiro was sacked for punching a floored Thamil Arasu in the box.

Six minutes later, Lamberto Gama picked up a second booking and was sent off by referee Allan Martinez.

Timor were dealt a nasty blow when Jose Carlos Fonseca picked a bad leg injury in the 76th minute and could not continue playing.

Timor had by then used up all their substitutions which meant that they were down to only eight players for the last 14 minutes of the game.

In the other match at this venue, Singapore battled back from a goal down in the 17th minute from Prak Mony Udom to seal a crucial 3-1 win over Cambodia.

Singapore charged back with goals from Md Syafiq Md Zainal (57th), skipper Md Safuwan Baharudin (79th) and Md Zulfahmi Md Arifin (91st).

The defeat was Cambodia’s second and they are out of the running.

But their loss today came at a heavy price when reserve goalkeeper Sou Yaty who replaced first choice Peng Bunchay in the 81st minute was taken away in an ambuland after dislocating his shoulder.

Sou had pulled off a brilliant save but crashed heavily on the pitch.

At the Thong Nhat Stadium, Myanmar have to blame themselves for their 3-1 loss to Vietnam.

Myanmar had four players sent off and completed the match with only 7 players on the pitch.

Myanmar were leading from a Myaw Ko Ko’s goal in the 38th minute when they allowed their emotions to get the better of them.

They lost goal scorer Ko Ko in the 44th minute before Myat Naing Aung and Aung Zaw Lin followed suit barely a minute later.

Despite being down, Myanmar held their ground and Vietnam only managed to level the score in the 59th minute through Nguyen Dinh Bao.

Ha Minh Tuan doubled the score in the 70th minute before Nguyen Van Quyet sealed their place in the semis with the third goal in injury time.

Myanmar’s fourth sacking took place in the 83rd minute when Tin Win Aung was booked for a second time.

In the other game at the same venue, Thailand stole a point in the last minute through captain Surachet Ngamtip.

Australia had earlier scored in the 84th minute through Peter Franjic.

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Seem's the same at any level for Myanmar, must start keeping cool, to many players lose and and throw the game.

12. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    yeah, it is very disappointing to see when they lose the game like that! Should keep your heads cool, guys.

13. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    friendly match:

Yadanabon FC 3:1 Muang Thong United

Muang Thong United is currently second in Thai Premier League 2009.

Yangon United 2:1 Magway FC

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It won't have been a strong Muang Thong United team, they played last Sunday and on Wednesday (tomorrow) so they have a hectic schedule.

15. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    i c, isn't that strange they invite Yadanarpon FC while they have a tight schedule?

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Well, maybe not that strange. Another local team, BEC Tero, recently went to Hong Kong during an official matchday to play a one off game.

Seem's money talks

17. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    It'd be good to look at the line-up and an official report.

Muang Thong and Yadanarbon are affiliated clubs who are working together. I don't think Muang will throw in a totally lousy team for this friendly. They would at least have 70% of the original strength.

Even though it's a friendly or under-strength Muang, it goes to show Yadanarbon and MNL are to be taken seriously in future.

:p

18. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yea, it's a Muang B team, but still a line-up list would help a lot. If I'm not wrong, a new foreign signing for Yadanarbon was featured in the game.

Although full strength Muang is better, I think a full-strength Yadanarbon will give a good game.

Meanwhile, Southern Myanmar FC is spending big on salaries for foreign technical director and players.

A former Tero Sasana manager has signed as technical director for an MNL club.

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    To be honest, i'm not too interested in friendly results, and neither are the managers, but it is always good to get one over your neighbours.

I think this does show a good sign of Myanmar clubs progressing and some good links could be brought with linkups between regional neighbours.

20. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yea, Yadanarbon isn't too concerned with the result either.

You are right about the link, as Yangon has bought 4 new foreign players who were playing for Tero Sasana and Chula United.

Although some players are hand-me-downs, there are some imports of peak players.

Yadanarbon has Valery Sanou from Muang, and he wasn't a washed-out player, he was actually doing well in Muang. So he was a true signing, instead of being a hand-me-down.

Myanmar clubs are also able to get fresh young foreign players from their foreign links.

21. soccerinaus

soccerinaus New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hilight: Muangthong United (B) 1-3 Yadanarbon FC (Friendly Match)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPtHWKJ7btQ&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - [Highlight] Muangthong United (B) 1-3 Yadanarbon FC (Friendly Match)[/ame]

22. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    The pace was slow. Yadanarbon wasn't playing like in MNL final or games either.

Yangon Utd's friendly with BEC Tero Sasana was canceled due to tight schedules for both teams.

Okkthar Utd trained together with Bangkok Glass.

23. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
  24. YomaTaung

YomaTaung Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Princeton, USA
    Looks like our teams are playing more pre-season games.
    A leading Indian professional team (I League - top division) Kingfisher East Bengal is currently touring Myanmar to play 4 games. Yadanarbon beat them 2- 1 on 8/16. Next games are against Yangon United (8/19), Okkthar (8/21), and Magway FC (8/23).
    Our teams need consistency and confidence. These games (albeit friendly) can really help them mature.

http://www.eastbengalfootballclub.com/news/index.asp#663

25. avocados

avocados Member

Oct 21, 2008
    That's good practice. Even though it's a friendly, I'm glad a new club like Yadanarbon could beat a long-standing pro team. Now we're seeing how MNL teams fare with foreign clubs, besides KBZ in AFC President's Cup. Speaking of it, KBZ has not played any pre-season games.

Working together with Thailand for the league. With Thailand and Malaysia for foreign players agency, with India for friendlies.

I've read comments on soccermyanmar.com by fans not to use Malaysian agents to get foreign players. :D