My next vacation/holiday

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Minnman, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In general, I hate starting new discussion threads. Mrs. Minnman and I head to Italy in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks. I dug around a bit for an Italy thread, but found only specific threads about people's long-past individual travels. Not wanting to add to the thread glut, I thought perhaps it made some sense to christen a general thread about our up-coming trips.

So, you might have heard that the missus and I head to Italy in early September: into Rome, out of Milan; a short stay in Rome, initially, mostly to brush up against tsome antiquities while we adjust to the time difference; then Siena for four nights (in a b&b that looks effing amazing and almost too affordable to believe); another four nights in an amazing little inn on an island near Porto Venere; three nights at Lake Como (Varenna); and a final night in Milan, mostly due an early flight out on our return day.

I'd love to report that I've been anticipating this trip for months. Truth is, though, two kids in the house head to college this Sunday. And I am so utterly sick of their presence in the household, so thoroughly done with cooking for them, cleaning up after them, and listening to their inane monologues about issues concocted within the recesses of their inexperienced minds and/or their tumblr echo chamber, that I am counting the minutes, nay, seconds until they're out of the ********ing house.

THEN, my friends, I will commit real time toward the art of anticipation.

That, and learning how to use the DSLR I bought 18 months ago.

Anyway, are their other trips in the works for the rest of you? I'd be happy to share details of our adventure and to entertain suggestions on must see/do sites and experiences on our trip.

2. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god my son barely speaks to me. Just kidding. :) He leaves on Monday and I am not counting down the days to his departure.

As you may have noticed, I'm going to Ireland in October. The gracious Malby has offered to entertain me while I make a stop in Drogheda on my way to - as yet not defined.

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States