MVBM sub-categories - why?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by obie, Mar 10, 2003.

1. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having a major category called "Movies, Video Books and Music" and then two sub-cats called "Music" and "Books" is a bit silly - either change the MVBM title, kill MVBM and create three / four categories (Movies, Music, Books, possibly The Arts) or send it back to the way it was.

2. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    FWIW I'm against the split. I thought the old topic grouping was manageble.

I do really like the new food forum, though. Nice idea.

3. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's a bit silly, innit? Apparently, the new forums were created without Footix's knowledge, so it wasn't like there was demand for separate forums.

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There are how many tens of thousands of posts in that forum? The new sub cats will be moved up a level once they get a bit populated. Isn't that better for all?

5. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first of the new forums that I think is a bad idea. The MVBM forum was well run as it was: the threads within it were already addressing the separate subtopics but weren't so numerous as to generate a need for the new, separate subforums.

6. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I don't think separating the categories was necessary. However, now that its done, I don't think it's so bad.

But I would combine Movies and Video with Television, because there's sooo much overlap between the two.

7. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I like the subcategories. Now I can discuss movies and books without wading through hundreds of threads about bands I've never heard of.

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Good call.