Music

Discussion in 'Player' started by RhymesWithGosh, Jan 17, 2005.

1. RhymesWithGosh

RhymesWithGosh New Member

May 17, 2004
    USA
    I was just wondering if anyone knows, if pros listen to music before a game or not. If so what kind, like rock to get them pumped, or slow music to relax. Im really curious to if/what they listen too.

Plus, im seriously considering getting an iPod :)

2. Sain1

Sain1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Dallas
    I listen to alot of Rock and Rap before games something with alot of bass.
    Just listen to music you like, heres a sample of the songs on my playlist before a game.

Linkin Park
    Stomp- YoungBuck
    What they Gon Do - Lil Jon
    Hit Em UP - 2Pac
    Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

3. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i cant remember who it was but someone listens to the same peace of music before games, probably for consistancy in their performance

4. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    Yeah, they definitely listen to music before games. Instead of an Ipod get a Creative Zen. Its a much better deal and has more capacity than a mini.

5. jdefoe9

jdefoe9 Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Canada
    Listening to 2pac before the game certainly wouldnt help. I tried to get pumped up for soccer. It made me angry, and I couldnt concentrate. I suggest a softer type of music that makes you concentrate but not too mellow. Something more along the lines of hard rock: van halen, ac/dc... Perhaps softer rock like john mellencamp or sporting anthems could help.

6. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LISTEN UP

The three best albums to listen to before a match are

The Mars Volta - deloused in the comatorium

and the two Dredg albums Leitmotif and El cielo. Trust me both are soothing yet uptempo and energetic. You feel like a person ready for the world (cup that is) Please someone tell me they have these albums

7. brendihno

brendihno New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    PALO ALTO CALIFORNIA
    i listen to like ac dc and jimi hendrix but before a game i would listen to the song lets go by lil jon

8. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida
    Skindred (harder, what could be better than reggae metal?) :)
    Or the Shins... (more mellowy but good.)

9. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    i always keep my "soccer playlist" which has...
    Samba De Janeiro (the brazilian stuff gets me ready for matches)
    Ole Ole Ole by the Fans
    The a la Menthe by nikkfurie (type of french techno stuff that was on oceans 12)

and pretty much anything with a beat that gets you up and running

10. ReyesIsMyMate

ReyesIsMyMate Member

Sep 9, 2004
    London, UK
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    samba music is pretty cool-->gets me into my tricky-cristiano-ronaldo-stepover mood --> for training at least.......

fcuking in the bushes --> oasis
    my generation --> oasis/the who
    the matrix theme tune --> rodney mullins
    your own national anthem --> depends what country you are from
    Voodoo Child (Slight Return) --> Jimi Hendrix
    Theme from Kill Bill --> ?
    The Battle --> Gladiator Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

and for all you connoiseurs of soccer am, a special section you'll like; soccer am hits:

Rockit --> Herbie Hancock (Showboat)
    Ya Don't See The Signs --> Mark B and Blade (theme tune)
    The Rockford Files Theme --> Mike Post (the nutmeg files)
    King Of The Beats --> Mantronix (Hardest Shots of the Week)

hope some of this helps --> lemme know what you think.

Guillermo

p.s. you can rep me if you want, i don't mind :p

11. brendihno

brendihno New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    PALO ALTO CALIFORNIA

I just reped u cuz jimi hendrix is the best

12. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    any tips for 'keeper- or to releive nervous-nes

13. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    I'm a keeper, and I don't use music at all. For nerves, just try to get ready for every game the same, get a routine that works for you, treat every game like a big game, that way the big games feel like every other you have played.

Personally, what I do is gear up with the team in the locker-room and share jokes and what not, then go out on the field by myself, check out field especially the box, preferably both if possible, stretch for 15 minutes, go for a jog, do some sprints, mess around with the ball, throwing it to yourself and what not- do all this away from the team. Then get someone to kick some balls at me and field some crosses. Whilst doing all this I keep silent and think about the upcoming game and think about any mistakes I made in the last game which I will correct this game. Finally with about 3 minutes left with the team gathered for last minute instructions from the coach I go off to the side by myself and just hold the ball and focus on the game.

Then when the game is ready to start, go to the net, feel up each post (kissing them is optional) talk to them, see how they are feeling today and tell them to have a good game. A couple shuffles on the line and then let the game start. I should note that people may look at you strange when you talk to your posts but you are only crazy if the posts talk back.

14. arcticduane

arcticduane Member

May 1, 2004
    Bradford, England
    Michael Jackson - Dangerous.
    Duano's UK Garage Mix Tape - Various Artists
    Always make me play well. Not listened to either in 3 games and have played poor.

15. sunburnt

sunburnt New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Elgin, Il
    franz ferdinand
    the postal service
    the thrills
    elefant
    afi
    the killers

16. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    you have the best taste of music yet, but still, that stuff gets old really fast.

17. sunburnt

sunburnt New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Elgin, Il
    not all of it gets old fast but when it does i can always find new bands that are awesome.
    some more good ones are
    the bravery
    modest mouse
    interpol
    chromeo
    the walkmen

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, this is some good stuff. Samba is awesome, and I love to listen to salsa or muerengue. If you're looking for some bands, The Tamba Trio is good samba music.

19. eplkewell

eplkewell Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I usually listen to this Spanish pop CD I have because I don't understand what the guy is saying. It lets me focus if I need to, or completely lose myself in the music.

20. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    I like Red Hot Chili Peppers when I run, good pace on their songs, and good music, but still not hard rock.

21. sunburnt

sunburnt New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Elgin, Il
    "the zephyr song" (i think thats what its called, i forgot) is really calming

22. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    yeah...i like Otherside by the chili peppers.....its not too slow...but it calms me down

23. sunburnt

sunburnt New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Elgin, Il
    or anything indie and indie rock is good

24. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida
    This might be a little off topic, but I have to ask... where can I get 'Ole ole ole' by the Fans? iTunes doesn't have it, and I haven't been able to find it in a cd store... and everywhere online, it's in swedish kr... any help would be.. helpful :s

25. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    go illegal, Limewire has it. i mostly listen to punk rock (not the stuff you've heard on MTV, MTV2, or FUSE), lyrical rap, hardcore punk, and elitist ska bands in my free time, but it's horrible for pregame. i like just about any Hendrix song before a game, especially The Wind Cries Mary and Voodo Child (Slight Return). One Mic by Nas and We Gonna Make It by Jadakiss as well as this one song by some French group that has the hook in English "i am dangerous....i am dangerous," or something to that effect.