Mundial Sub20: vs. Argentina, julio 19 (R) (News, etc..

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, Jul 15, 2007.

1. jimstam

jimstam New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Chilean football hits 'big crisis'
    Chilean football is in deep decline amidst a disturbing rise in crowd violence, football bosses in the country have said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_football/3583913.stm
    Violence
    Mr Gori admitted that the fans that were being lost were families as crowds become more unruly and riots more commonplace.
    Last year one match was suspended when a missile thrown from the crowd hit a player. Linesmen have been felled by rocks - something that caused a game to be abandoned earlier this month.
    Inside the stadiums there are no stewards and few police, while outside there are frequently running battles between fans and riot police, known as "Ninja Turtles" because of their green protective clothing.
    "The number of people going to football matches in 2002 and 2003 can only be compared with 1995, which was one of the best years for attendance, although it is true that some people are not going because of the violence."
    To this end, a delegation from the English Football Association has been visiting Chile to offer advice on how to tackle hooliganism.

2. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Noob :rolleyes: how about keeping yourself furthered informed with the facts. How many of the 50+ Chilean witnesses at the scene did the Canadian media outlets interview regarding the incidents? ;)

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I won't delete your post, but just so you know, you're a troll.

Everyone neg rep this guy, please!

Metro

4. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Metro give him a yellow card and next time make it red.

5. loconet

loconet New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Toronto
    And things continue to get worse....

http://www.prensalatina.com.mx/article.asp?ID={F7250593-9FD1-4211-9863-D750D67A7F91}&language=ES
    Have Chileans gone ********ing demented? Were these lunatics even there to know the full story? You know what, I don't blame them, their media is making a ********ing circus out of this, flaming the argument by running idiotic stories such as that of one player being beaten by 10 cops as well as "ACID" thrown on player's faces.

I understand the anger at losing like that, I saw the game, the ref was a complete moron. But to go from there and use that anger to take it on Canada by issuing bomb threats and be complete complete retards about the whole issue only fuels the stereotype that football fans are nothing but hooligans and Latin Americans are nothing but savages who love to overreact.

The bottom line is, very little is known about what really happened. I've only heard the complaints from the players and very little from Toronto police, aside that they were reacting to violence initiated by Chilean players. I'm really curious as to what this "investigation" will reveal. I have tried to maintain myself at margin on all this since I wasn't there and don't know the whole story (and I don't think many people outside those involved do) but when I see things like this (bomb threats because of this crap?! WTF is this? Islamic extremists?) all I can say is Grow the ******** up Chile! No wonder our countries don't develop. You are giving Latin America and the sport in general a bad name!

6. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Making a bad situation worse? Just like what you're exactly doing. :rolleyes:

7. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    The police and the ref can both go to hell, you guys got robbed,beated,electrocuted(sp?),etc.

8. Juan Perez

Juan Perez New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Chile
    :rolleyes:

And that's a lie

9. johansome

johansome Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Thanks for your support, its too bad we didn't get to see the best two teams of the tournament play in an even playing field..

all because of this idiot..
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ddshfxg2Os

10. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    the dam nazi son of bitch got us good!!!!!!!

11. loconet

loconet New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Toronto
    What are you rolling your eyes at, there was no acid, it was pepper spray. Had it been the acid they were making it sound to be, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Because you were there watching the whole thing unfold right?

I wasn't there, I'm hesitant to believe either side. All I know is Chileans protesting outside the Canadian embassy, sending bomb threats doesn't help their cause, it only throws more dirt on their international image.

12. Juan Perez

Juan Perez New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Chile
    Well, if they said "acid" it was just because they didn't know the name of the damn thing they were spraying in their faces or whatever.

Protesting outside the embassy is harmless, it's a natural thing to do if people who were representing us got beaten the shit out of for no reason.

And no one is sending bomb threats, some idiot simply said there was a bomb just to fuck with them.

13. BLawless

BLawless New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Valdivia, Chile
    Que tristeza.

Vidal cuando seas maduro recién estarás a la altura de los mejores, ayer corriste toda la cancha, no te escondiste en ningún momento pero tu accionar fue patético.
    Igual te banco a pesar de todo, prefiero a alguien que se mate en la cancha a pesar de la desesperación a uno que ande escondido (para ser más exactos Godoy)

14. X-Caper

X-Caper New Member

May 16, 2004
    Canada
    This was a terribly called game. I was watching the game from a neutral point of view until the red cards came out, and I found myself cheering for Chile.

But, . .after the game I found it hard not to feel for the secrurity and police. There was a shouting match between fans from Chile and Argentina, and security and the police got involved. Of course, the police handled the situation by trying to divide up the fans and fans from the bus, and some chilian players wanted to try to calm the situation down (unfortunately shouting as well). and even they started shouting at the police. I don't care what anyone says, but you don't put your hand on a policeman's shoulder in a hot situation. It can only cause trouble. So, treating a police officer like he's a refreee is not a good call. A referee walks away, a police office doesn't.

Also, it would be a bit overwhelming seeing players coming off the bus to get involved . . .I mean where were the coaches in that situation? Why can't they control their players?

15. johansome

johansome Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Bro.. if you were in a bus and witnessed one of your friend/teammate getting the sh!t kick out off.. you would come out of the bus and try to help him??
    c'mon!

bottom line the cops didn't handle the situation properly period!

16. johansome

johansome Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Cooperativa.cl

Cónsul chileno: FIFA debe "asumir responsabilidad" en designación de árbitros

Ricardo Plaza acusó que con los jueces "no veo el rigor y la publicidad con que se refieren a la actitud de los jugadores", después del castigo preventivo a Jaime Grondona por los incidentes en Toronto.

El cónsul chileno en Toronto, Ricardo Plaza, señaló que la FIFA debe asumir su responsabilidad en la designación y el papel de los árbitros, y no sólo en los jugadores, después de fustigar la sanción preventiva al delantero Jaime Grondona tras la semifinal con Argentina.

"FIFA tendría que asumir una responsabilidad en la designación de los árbitros y la capacidad que tienen, porque ellos son los primeros que detonan cualquier molestia en los jugadores, que se traducen en incidentes dentro de la cancha que sí es responsabilidad de la FIFA", apuntó.

En conversación con El Diario de Cooperativa, Plaza señaló que "no veo nunca en FIFA el rigor y la publicidad con que se refieren a las actitud de los jugadores con respecto a los arbitrajes, al comportamiento y la responsabilidad que les cabe a los árbitros".

El diplomático acusó "desesperación" de Grondona, quien fue descartado del duelo por el tercer puerto ante Austria por los insultos al árbitro alemán Wogfang Stark.

"Estaba escuchando al chico Grondona y sé la calidad de persona que es y la desesperación que debe tener frente a las actitudes", señaló al diplomático.

El diplomático además señaló que la policía de Toronto sabe lo que hizo y sólo falta que se responsabilice de lo ocurrido en las afueras del Estadio Nacional. "Ellos están plenamente conscientes de lo que hicieron, lo saben y vamos qué momento lo reconozcan y asuman las responsabilidades. En eso estamos trabajando", aseguró el diplomático.

También dio a conocer aspectos de la conversación que sostuvo con el jefe de la policía local. "Le aporté algunos antecedentes que él no conocía, lo que me permitió insistir en que su gente le había dado información al menos incompleta y muy parcial", explicó.

"La falsedad era el detonante de todos los incidentes. El atribuía a una pelea entre un jugador chileno y un jugador argentino. Ya me reconoció que había un error y después me dijo que era un jugador chileno con un hincha argentino, pero también le dije que no era así, y le di la versión que todos conocemos y que fue el verdadero origen del problema, que fue el accionar violento de la policía para impedir que los jugadores chilenos se acercarán a saludar a los hinchas, debiendo estar ahí para protegerlos", agregó.

Plaza también señaló que el uniformado "entendía la indignación, pero eso no significaba que aceptaba la responsabilidad o pidiendo disculpas. Yo tampoco podía esperar culpabilidades, pero quería dejar instalada nuestra versión y nuestra preocupación y refutar lo que él había informado en la mañana". (Cooperativa.cl)

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I found this post as a real good one!

but, you miss to say that we are dealing with minds of sports kids that for few days are no longer TEENagers! Any officer or police or security person involved in a world cup event at any level should have some training in crowd control, and knowledge (basic) enough to make a difference between competitors and fans!

the ignorance of the security arses and policemen assigned to the event, should not speak for ALL canadians (only 31 million in a large cold country) - just the ignorance and lack tact to handle a an outburst of anger should prevent Canadian international events for the next 10 or 20 years!!

I just can not believe that many canadians speak of hockey and all that, knowing that is a sport that even has rules for fights by adults in ice rings, in the middle of the games, in the naked eye of kids and families.....:eek: .....but have trouble with 10 kids representing other nation at the end of a game!

18. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Argentina can suck my co<k!!

Chile got robbed

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    www.mercuriocalama.cl
    Mario Herrera, dirigente de Cobreloa y de la delegación chilena en Canadá: "Nos pegaron como en las películas"

"Cuando nosotros íbamos pasando por donde estaba la prensa, la Policía no nos dejaba pasar y preguntábamos por qué, pero decían a todo que no. No, no, no, nos repetían cada vez con más fuerza. Pensé que era problema con la hinchada, pero un jugador me contó y pasé como pude porque no me querían dejar ir al lugar. Mostré mi credencial y ahí me dieron el paso y me encontré con todo", contó el dirigente loíno Mario Herrera desde Toronto, ayer después de almuerzo.

Todavía estaba con dolores en los brazos y también en la espalda, es que vivió in situ la gran golpiza que se llevó la "Roja" en Canadá, fue testigo de la fuerza desmedida que utilizaron los policías de ese país. "Algo debe haber pasado y la Policía canadiense reaccionó de una forma muy desmedida. Vi cómo golpearon a los muchachos muy fuerte, les pusieron corriente, les echaron gas en los ojos y quedaron todos muy mal", contó Mario Herrera el loíno que estuvo en la noche más terrible de Chile en un Mundial.

¿O sea, vivió un infierno?

No sé si un infierno, pero vi todo y la forma en que los golpearon fue tremenda. Ahora no sé qué pasó, por qué se originó, porque nosotros recién íbamos al sector.

¿Y a usted también se fue preso a un camarín del estadio según leí?

Sí, a todos nos llevaron y nos encerraron. Ahí nos llevamos a un muchacho que iba semiinconsciente. Al principio traté de llevármelo yo, pero no podía, así que un guardia de seguridad del estadio, colombiano, me ayudó a llevármelo. Llegamos al camarín y le habían tirado gas en la vista, pobre muchacho… Al rato venían los demás niños sangrando y todos esposados.

¿Se habla que le pegaron a Alexis Sánchez también?

Sí. Alexis trató de salir por una puerta lateral y no lo dejaron pasar, el seguramente quiso salir igual y lo pescaron, le pusieron las esposas, se fue al suelo y lo trataron como un verdadero delincuente.

¿Tanto así?

Así fue, tal cual como le estoy contando. Nos trataron como si fuéramos delincuentes, un trato completamente inhumano, como si los muchachos fueran animales. Hasta Harold Mayne-Nicholls fue empujado y tironeado, pero con los muchachos se les pasó la mano definitivamente.

¿Lástima que todo haya terminado así?

Claro que sí, fue horrible, algo tremendo. El Policía más bajo medía un metro 90. Una mujer, que al parecer era la jefa del grupo, nos pescó y se aburrió de echarnos cosas a los ojos. Nos pegaron como en las películas y ella se apuntaba la placa para que le tomáramos el nombre y supiéramos que era ella quien nos pegaba.:mad:

¿Y usted recibió también?

Yo traté de separar para que no les siguieran pegando a los niños. Me zamarrearon de un lado para otro. Me agarraron el brazo, me solté, pero ahora ando dolorido. Ahí pasó de todo, fue desastroso… Ante cualquier cosa la opción que debió tomar la Policía fue separarnos, mandarnos a otro lado, ponerse al frente, pero pegaron inmediatamente…

Aparte que habían puros chilenos por qué reprimirlos de esa manera…

Sí, pero se aprovecharon que la zona era oscura. Acá los policías pegaron como se ve en las películas.

¿Y usted estuvo siempre encerrado?

No en un momento me dejaron salir porque se me subió la presión y el periodista nuestro habló con ellos y les dijo que tenía que tomarme el remedio que estaba en el bus, así que salí y ahí di algunas declaraciones en ese tiempo corto.
    ---------------------------
    Respecto a lo dicho por el cónsul de Chile en Toronto, Ricardo Plaza, me parece muy bien, y se nota que tiene más pantalones que el "diplomático" HMN.

21. Chupete

Chupete New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Reseda,CA
    como lo siento por la seleccion, despues del gran trabajo que hicieron que haya terminado asi. no culpo a los Canadienses, sino a los pacos, que en cualquier lugar del mundo abusan de su poder cuando tienen la oportunidad. esta seleccion mostro mucho espiritu y esto los hara mas fuerte.

22. Pablinsky

Pablinsky Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Maitencillo
    Hay que separar lo futbolistico de lo extra-futbolistico.

En la cancha no pudimos con Argentina. Arbitro o no Argentina supo hacer los goles y Chile no se la pudo. Medel actuo como niño y lo expulsaron correctamente. Chile hizo un gran partido y nos acercamos al area pero sin mucho peligro. Simplemente Argentina fue mejor.

Los hechos fuera de la cancha solo sirven para que nosotros los Chilenos los usemos como excusa. Chile hizo una copa excelente y fue espectaculo en cada partido.

Debemos saber perder con gracias y felicitar al adversario.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo