multiple spaming new posts

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by Rickdog, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don't know if it's happening only to me, but since a few hours, each time I click on the new posts, most new posts, seem to be spams apparently in asian fonts (all have in common that are first posts with no new replies), where in some of them, a few occidental fonts appear, most related to diferent universities of around the world.

It's really annoying, as in each page, only about 2-5 new posts in regular fonts appear, while all the rest have this spam look.

2. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    It's also on the Twitter feed. I'm pretty sure the Twitter feed needs to be un-automated.

3. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    (if it helps others, with the same issue)

Now, I got to say that I hate using the "ignore" feature, but as this whole issue has really got to the point of being highly annoying (more than 90 % of the new posts,were this sort of stuff), searching the site for tools how to solve it by using the features the site provides us all, with; I experimented with the "ignore" feature and clicked it on every one of the suposed members that were posting those messages, and till now, it seems to be working (they don't appear any longer in the "new post" section).

I don't know if they will apear again, under other member names, as it could be some sort of computer robot, which automatically changes or creates "new" user names, or if it will affect other features of the site.

If it appears again, I'll inform it here in a new post.....
    (crossing fingers, it doesn't):cautious:

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bad news.

Worked for almost the whole day, but as thought before, once again started under a new member name.
    I guess that from now on, when visiting BS, to make things easier on myself, I'll have to start by clicking the "new posts" and sistematically put on ignore every one of the "new" members associated to this type of posts, which would solve the issue for another while....
    :thumbsdown::alien: