Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    Considering Perez has debuted in Serie A (albeit he has 1 appearance this season) and Akale has not played in a competitive match for Villareal's senior team, this appears to be a misinformed post unless I am mistaken. Please see the below link and let me know if I got something wrong here and I'll be happy to backtrack.

http://www.espnfc.us/fiorentina/sto...hua-perez-makes-serie-a-debut-with-fiorentina

2. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The post isn't misinformed you're just quibbling over semantics. In fact all three points he made are accurate.

Mukwelle made his sernior debut with the first team in a friendly.

Mukwelle is yet to make his competitive first team debut.

There. That's settled.

Hopefully we can avoid posters cannibalizing one prospects success at the expense of another's.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  3. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    I wasn't attempting to cannibalize anything. I was just pointing out that Perez had played a Serie A match after the original poster seemed to imply that Akale was much further along than Perez.

4. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. He stated three facts and you interpretated it a certain way, then told him he was misinformed.

Akale and Perez are on their own separate paths. Perez has made his league debut for his club. He's also staring for his club's U19's as Akale did the two seasons past.

Thinking about it in terms of who's further ahead in their individual development is silly.

Eighteen Alpha and bsky22 repped this.
  5. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

How many 90 minute matches have you watched both Perez and Mukwelle play over the past 24 months. Real Question.

6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    It's not a real question without one of these...

[​IMG]

7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes no sense to me why this thread is 50 pages long.

8. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because in the past 2.5 years there's been more information relevant to Akale to take in and discuss than virtually any other overseas academy player.

9. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    And he is also unorthodox intriguing player with low floor and very high ceiling. For me he is much more interesting than let say Zelalem or Lennon.

10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Kwelle did play this past Sunday. Came in at 72' in a 3 - 0 win over league leader Olímpic de Xàtiva, the only previously undefeated team in the Spanish 3rd Division. The first goal was a penalty (and resulted in the expulsion of the Olimpic player). The last two were scored in the final 15 minutes of the match which had a further two reds (one for each team) and something of a mini-brawl between the two teams.

11. soccerndo

soccerndo Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can you back it up...?

12. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

13. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    #1238 ebbro, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    You didn't ask me a question. That was my first post in this thread. I just thought it was funny that you forgot to put a question mark on your "real question."

I came here to learn about Akale. Thanks for your contributions to the thread.

Giggsy1986 repped this.
  14. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Akale subbed in at 57' and scored the only Villarreal goal in a 3 - 1 loss to Rayo Ibense.

15. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Btw, first loss of 2017. Fifth all season. They remain third in Group VI.

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back with the U20s.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...layers-to-england-for-world-cup-training-camp
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Mukwelle Akale (Villarreal CF; Minneapolis, Minn.), Collin Fernandez (Chicago Fire; Bridgeview, IL), Jeremiah Gutjahr (Indiana University; Bloomington, IN), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Bridgeview, Ill.), James Murphy (Sheffield Wednesday F.C.; Scotch Plains, N.J.), Yosef Samuel (Bethlehem Steel FC; Atlanta, Ga.), Eryk Williamson (University of Maryland; Alexandria, Va.)

17. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  18. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope

19. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    IMG_2362.jpg

Kwelle trained with the first team yesterday in prep. For their game this weekend.

20. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    He didn't travel with the first team. Four B team players did. Of course you never implied he would, did you?

Mario Balotelli repped this.
  21. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next season is probably going to be decisive for him in regards to his future with Villarreal.

22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Maybe the first team uses him like a scout team in the NFL uses certain players in practice

23. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Tata does it, although maybe not in a targeted manner, at ATL.

bballshawn repped this.
  24. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All I did was see the video of him training with the first team on twitter and relay the information.... were a little jumpy on here...

wixson7, Gacm32 and comoesa repped this.
  25. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Akale scored the first and almost had a second versus Ontinyent. Currently 1 - 0 at 75'.