Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
  2. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Automated translate, then edited into coherency.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's not that people think it's a slight it's just that CP's success is completely unprecedented by a long shot for a US player. Better to compare him to LD or Deuce.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    The first line translates better as: "In the US they are very interested in every thing this young and promising player, who physically, technically, and mentally is a wonder, does." I only make the distinction because the writer is basically referring to us.
    My good twitter friend Juanfra gets beat up on a near weekly basis by myself, @hokeydokey and probably many others, for news about Akale and he has thrown us bones, such a Akale action pix, in the past.

If you are so inclined, feel free to follow him at @Juanfroca and let him know you appreciate the news he provides.

5. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ther sort of maturation that Pulisic had over a year is very rare. But I would say La Liga top to bottom is probably a better league than Germany. It might be harder for Akale to break into a first team.

That said Akale is playing with grown men right now and not looking out of place in the least.

chrome_vapors and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  6. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic is an amazing player but it's easy to overlook how unique he is and how very right things went for him, from his mental make up to his support system at the personal and club level.

CP's talent would have inevitably burst through but had he calculated a move to any other club in the Bundesliga, he could have easily not reached his current level until 21-22.

Akale is on a different path in a different environment. Watching him play, I honestly see him progressing all the way to La Liga. He has every tool and just continues to refine them. The only question is does he continue to play at a distinguishable level, every additional step of the ladder. Hopefully at some point next year he's firmly established with Villarreal B.

Vitessefan#1, wixson7 and PalmettoSpur repped this.
  7. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Played 85 and had a good chance blocked in a 1 - 0 defeat of Costa del Almoradí. The win keeps them in the promotion zone. Dario with the winner, if anyone is curious.

8. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dario still being on the C team does not worry about Mukwelle still being on the C. Dario just scores goals.

9. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

His goal in the first looked onside from my perspective.

10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I honestly didn't see the match. Is it archived?

11. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I would love to have a conversation about how Villareal runs their system. They have so many good prospects with the majority of them being with Villareal since they were young 10 and 11.

Gacm32 repped this.
  13. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I had a chance to watch and it seemed offside to me. That takes nothing away from his dynamism this match, though. It was a great run. On his earlier shot, the GK was lucky as hell to be positioned where he could make a reactive block. That was a cohete of a shot from Akale after pulling the cross down with a feather touch. The shot even took the announcers by surprise.

14. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Outside of Dario, have you noticed Pedrito? If you want to talk about a creative playmaker that kid has insane creativity.

15. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    He was the bomb in the first half but, honestly, I don't remember him making much of an impression on me before. To be fair, he has had recurring knee injuries this year and lately has gotten fewer minutes than Akale. He was the first sub off in this match, for example, so maybe they are working him back in slowly.

16. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gacm32, Winoman and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  17. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Villarreal C, the new jewel of the yellow quarry
    03-06-2017 21:35
    The second subsidiary of the Submarino advances with its triumphal march in the Third Division in the present 2017. The pupils of Carlos Perez Salvachúa still do not know the defeat from the beginning of the present year, and it is incalmed to the positions of promotion of ascent to Second B .

[​IMG]
    ARTURO ENCINAR

[​IMG]
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Google Plus

[​IMG]
    Source: villarrealcf.es
    It is said that Villarreal's quarry is one of the most prolific talent factories in all of Spain , a benchmark in grassroots football management and an example to follow for other clubs. All these qualifications are not in vain, since year after year flourish promotions of young values at all levels of base football, with magnificent achievements and results. Although it is noteworthy the last campaign that made Villarreal B, getting to cherish the promotion to Second Division A, this season is the second yellow branch that shines with its own light and takes possession of the banner of success The institution Castellon.

And is that the Villarreal C march with firm pulse in order to occupy the positions of promotion to Second Division B facing the next campaign. Although they depend on a hypothetical and improbable rise of Villarreal B, the pupils of Carlos Perez Salvachúa remain in the third position of Group VI of Third Division to two points of the second classified, Ontinyent, and twelve of the leader of the group, the Olympic Of Xàtiva . A Group VI in which it is possible to stand out that militates the first equipment of CD Castellón , historical rival of Villarreal.

It should be noted that the second yellow division still does not know what the defeat is since it began in 2017, accumulating four victories and four draws in eight games played in the past two months. The draw harvested away from home against CF Borriol in the last day was the last sign of the reliability of the yellow box both in Vila-Real and away from his stadium.

The fundamental success of the team lies in its squad, one of the most talented batch of talent in Villarreal. Heirs of the block of players who won the Youth Champions Cup two years ago, maintains the backbone of that victorious team composed by: Genis and Maxi Rosales , right-back Miguelón (who debuted with the first team under Marcelino ), Midfielders Chuca and Beli , potential American star Mukwelle Akale or scorer Simón Moreno (with 9 goals this season). They are joined by experienced players or others such as Argentine goalkeeper Federico Bonansea ,

Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Thanks but you missed the last line: "...giving place to a squad that will provide much to talk about in the coming years."

That is some pretty impressive coverage for a Third Division Team.

19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jwat15 and bballshawn repped this.
  20. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I'm not sure I understood your point.

superdave repped this.
  21. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Potential means that it has not happened yet but could in the future.

22. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    My head is spinning. :confused::confused::confused:

One of the the most eloquent and compelling posters on Big Soccer just defined the word potential for me.

I still don't know what @Gorky meant, unfortunately.

23. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Article read " la potencial estrella norteamericana Mukwelle Akale"

He was just adding the word potential because writer never called him an american star, only potentially one.

Gorky and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  24. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^^

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  25. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Thanks Winoman. I get it now. And the point is absolutely valid. Apologies @Gorky . If I wasn't such a winoman last night, I probably would have got it sooner.

What I was on about is: what is wrong with being singled out in a top three (in Spain) sports site as a "potential star." I think we all know Akale is not currently a US Star (I really don't see what giggsy gets out of trying to artificially build him up to more than he is - so I certainly see the point).

Winoman repped this.