Mukwelle Akale at Villarreal

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Mario Balotelli, Apr 25, 2014.

1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Espanyol B is one of the teams that Akale looked really good against.

Thats funny, a current mid-table la-liga team wants him right now, but his Villareal in the relegation zone......is taking it nice and slow, still.

My theory was always that Akale has been La Liga ability level for a few years, but he is just so small that they have been waiting till he fills out physically for the high-level professional ranks.

2. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I didn't want to be the one to say it!

frankburgers and UxSxAxfooty repped this.
  3. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Well no harm no foul for giggsy. Funniest part is that people literally take the “other” poster more seriously because he speaks in a less biased tone

Anderson11 repped this.
  4. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not for me.

I wanted to call out the obvious likelihood of this, but decided better if playing Batman. Most because he’s so annoying and having him/that user identity stay away was good for the thread.

But I’d guess that it definitely is him. And it’s defiitely harm and foul.

If I were a mod, that’d be a straight up IP ban.

frankburgers repped this.
  5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    No, you take it way too seriously.

btlove, frankburgers and twoolley repped this.
  6. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I have a problem, but the dude who’s making up lies and multiple accounts is cool?

You’re weird.

And btw, I didn’t take it any way. I just said what I would if I were a mod. I don’t run around asking for it. And I don’t care what they do. Just commenting.

frankburgers and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  7. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    And kill the most entertaining thread on this whole godforsaken website? Absolutely not.

8. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  9. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I honestly think this is one of the weirdest threads ever in Yanks Abroad. Does this kid even exist?

10. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's literally more public, full match video of his development minutes as a teenager than any other player in YA history. All in 1080p HD!

11. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I couldnt disagree more. I could care less if a poster is annoying as long as they are bringing quality content. The amount of real information giggsy brought to thread is greatly missed.

He definitely came off a little bit strong at times, but usually in response to posters with little knowledge. Now those posters are annoying and dont bring anything tangible to the discussion.

Gacm32, Winoman and Midas Mulligan repped this.
  12. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Yep... I wish I could remember who the poster was who usually linked those here.

13. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s fair. It’s just opinions. And yours has merit.

14. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    VCFB will face Southampton U-23 in the QFs of the Premier League International Cup at a date and place TBA. Villarreal won group E and Southy won Group A.

the full slate of games is:

• Southampton Sub-23-Villarreal Sub-23.
    • Leicester City Sub-23-Bayern Múnich Sub-23.
    • Manchester United Sub-23-Reading Sub-23.
    • Tottenham Hotspur Sub-23-Dinamo Zagreb Sub-23.

UniversalAdvice, Winoman and bsky22 repped this.
  15. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    The biggest give away was he mentioned Akale’s ‘debut’, Giggsy can’t go three post without mentioning that. Which only was reported by Akale’s dad in a tweet that Akale subbed into a friendly against a lower level team.

16. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is like a Scooby Doo episode.

17. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I picture that Homer Simpson gif where Homer comes through the hedge, looks around, and retreats back into the hedge to escape the insanity he sees.

18. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, folks, I'm going to put up a "Thread Under Repair" sign right here. And I'm going to make two statements.

1. Personally, the contributions of posters like @bshredder were among the things that drew me to this site to begin with. It's better because of their contributions.
    2. That's the final word on this matter. Any more posts addressing particular posters will result in posts being deleted (I'm actually going to delete a fair number of posts once real life gets out of the way today) and possibly even additional limits on posting ability.

So please feel free to discuss Akale, but comments about your fellow posters are out of bounds.

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Looks like he came on in the 58th minute.

21. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I thought Akale looked very good. He played centrally but drifted out wide left on a number of occasions. He wasnt perfect but had a number of nice plays beating people on the dribble and slipping balls in to attackers behind the backline. He did decent work defensively and his corners were decently placed.

To give context, their opponent played better defense and applied more pressure than Panama and CR did in our recent friendlies and he was more impressive than the 8/10s who played in those games. This looks like a great environment for 18-22 yo old players to continue to develop and adapt to adult game. It is a very high level technically and tactically and the speed of play is high.

@ShaftBrewer , would all touches be possible?

Winoman repped this.
  22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    At 22 aren't you out of learning stage and should be playing somewhere on a first team somewhere?

23. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Ideally, but Akale keeps taking steps to higher levels so he is still progressing. There are also many outliers to the "rule" you just threw out. Many MLS fans think Lletget is a USMNT starter and he didnt start for a first team until he was less thn 4 months from his 23rd birthday. I dont view that as an outlier but jsut another contradiction from those people.

He is playing competitive football with high technical and tactical standard. What small technical central midfielders have we ever had that fit the criteria you suggest?

Did you watch his 30+ minutes he played? What did you think? I think that is more important than any guideline or rule. Like I said, I think he still an interesting prospect that is running out of time to make a big impact but still better than many players that some think are international quality.

24. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Steve Birnbaum who, at 22, was on the first team at Cal? Not all players follow the same timeline.

25. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The NCAA comparisons in this thread are intellectually dishonest. It’s a fairly unique circumstance in regards to age/professional development.

For those who never played in the NCAA being 22 and having never broken into the first team at your club is a really bad sign. Very few high quality footballers have come from such a circumstance.

Jay DeMerit wasn’t even playing professional soccer at 24. He went on to play in the Premier League and League Championship.

Does that mean I should tell all the 24 year old ex-low end NCAA players I know that their professional prospects are “fine” or “good” because Jay DeMerit did it?:rolleyes:

I don’t think the kids doomed but his odds of becoming a high end professional footballer in Europe are slight given the circumstances.

Dirt McGirt and SUDano repped this.