News: Mother of Exiles

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 12, 2011.

1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Long time ...... Well may I ask, so that the players too might appreciate it, that peoplle give the video a Like or a Comment on YT.....
    Or even better, a ReTweet or Favourite on the Twit....
    Just for the players............... thanks/gracias/merci/danke etc.

2. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
  3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Couldn't she just be a "gooser"?

(And are you sure you didn't mean this for Eurotrash?)

4. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    oops! I guess that would have been better, as strictly speaking, goslings and their hairstyles are not football news.

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    gricio61 repped this.
  6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #682 jocasta, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Since they have no thread, stuff about US players goes here! (which is perfecting fitting given the thread title) Mind you, I'm sure these things have been linked to and discussed elsewhere on these boards, but let's do it again, why not?

For starters, there's this piece linked to at Deadspin about the "Hope Solo remdemption tour" and here's another one on the same topic that dares to use the phrase "violent, unhinged drunk". Here's the most egregious of the puff pieces and if you can get through the saccharinity of it more power to you; it includes subtleties like the following: "[My Dobermans] look terrifying. But they aren't," Solo says, stroking the tops of their heads as the dogs nuzzle into her hand. "They have this reputation they don't deserve. Like they are bred to be evil or something." She smiles wanly. "People don't see. Inside they are just the sweetest things."

Did you know that she got through jail by reading Ayn Rand, one of her favorites? As someone else said: "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

More worthy of your precious reading time perhaps is this piece about Abby Wambach, a piece that actually makes me think charitable thoughts about her, and includes at least one arm pron pic.