Most heated club rivalry in Scandinavia?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by vico, Aug 5, 2003.

1. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Which derby match is the hottest in scandinavian club football?

My vote goes to AIK-Djurgården closely followed by AIK-Hammarby. All 3 clubs are from Stockholm and the derbys usually result in a packed råsunda stadium with around 35.000 spectators and wonderful tifo arrangments. I have heard that FC Copenhagen vs Bröndby in Denmark is also a heated derby but can it compare to the Stockholm derbys?

What about Norway and Finland?

2. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    Brøndby- FC Copenhagen is a very heated rivalry. Lots of trouble connected vith that game.
    Brøndby- Aarhus GF is also a very heated because it is the rivalry between the two biggest city in the country and because we Jyder do not like people from the devils island (sjælland) and i believe the feeling is mutual.

3. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I learn something new every day! vico no tenes idea como quisiera ir a visitarte para arrasar con las chelitas de Suecia!!!

4. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
    I went to a Djurgarden/Hammarby match the season they finished 1/2 in the league. Quite interesting to see cops beat people for not walking toward the stadium quickly enough.

Also, the Hammarby crowd had to wait 30 minutes after the game to be let out of their pen (for their own safety).

The Black Knights have a pretty strong reputation so I would say any Djurgarden derby gets my vote.

5. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    For the national sides:

Norway v Denmark
    Sweden v Finland

Each of these game produce a lot of emotions.

As for Finnish club soccer, it may be HJK v the rest of Finland. It's not as heated as the Manchester derbies, but more like a high school rivalry.

6. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Pics of AIK supporters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    More pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    acaso te gustan las rubias? ;)

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    noooooooooooo q crees??????? :p

10. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    B36 Torshavn - HB Torshavn :p

11. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    I think that FC Copenhagen VS Brondby are more heated than Djurgården VS Hammarby The Copenhagen Derby are always a sold outer and the size of the rivalry was one of the reasons to build Brondby Stadium bigger.

But still I think Djurgården and AIK are the most heated Derby in Scandinavia when Djurgården plays in the Top league.

Battle of Jutland between Aab Aalborg and AGF Århus has also been a very heated Derby once but since both teams have fallen in the lower end of the league then...............

Have heard that only 10k shoul show up to the Oslo Derby between Lyn and Valerenga.

12. RBK17

RBK17 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Canada
    AIK shirt

Hello,

I know this is a bit off topic but would anyone know where I could find a match worn AIK shirt? or even a replica with all the sponsors and numbering?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: AIK shirt

Subside is a good place to find replica shirts, but they can be a little expensive (British pounds).

However, I don't think they have all the sponsors and numbering on the shirts.

www.subside.co.uk

14. RBK17

RBK17 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Canada
    Hi thanks for the tip..... I've been dealing with Subside long before there web site existed (4 page catalogue). To this day they still don't bring in any Scandinavian shirts with all the sponsors...rather sad it is!

15. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Re: AIK shirt

just send me money and i'll buy you one i promise you ;)

16. RBK17

RBK17 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Canada
    AIK shirt

Can you please email me so we can discuss this further.... thank you

Helder

rbkshirts@yahoo.no

17. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Wouldn't it be IFK v AIK without a doubt?

18. Adrian P.

Adrian P. New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Well Im not expert in the Swedish league, but as being a fan from a neighbouring league, we hear a lot of stories in media. The Danish media usually deals with the Stockholmian Derbyes cause of the violence which danish media are very fond of.

AIK and Djurgården just are the most heated nordic derby (maybe FC Copenhagen vs Brondby in Denmark can be compared a bit but stil......)