Morton Season 07/08

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by alexp92, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Looks like Bobby Linn is off to East Fife Permanently for £10k.

Dean Keenan is off to Ayr on loan, he'll be gone at the end of the season.

And dreading to think who'll be leaving next, and I'm dreading to think who this signing is, I just don't want to get my hopes up...

All I was looking for over the course of this season was improvement in the squad and steady progress on the pitch. I'm disappointed so far, I actually think the team was better last season.

And I don't buy all this crap from Rae about Chris Millar either, they let him get this far into his contract, they don't let any of our other top players do that. They treated him like a second rate player (contract wise) and got all they deserved. No point chucking the toys out the pram now, they must be idiots if they didn't see it coming...

2. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    mcguffie scores on his debut
    stirling 1-2 morton

3. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    6-1 defeat at Livi today. Jim McInally must be holding onto this job by his fingertips now.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1:6 defeat against Livingston :eek: , how could that shame happen?

5. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    well, came back from 2 down against gretna to force a replay, and more signings are coming

6. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    templeman is off to east fife, while morton are apparantly close to signing allan jenkins from gretna, also interested in colin mcmenamin

7. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    The game against QotS was ********ing horrendous!

The first half, after an ok 10 minutes, was some of the most boring football i've ever seen. In the second half we completely fell apart and Dobbie ripped us to pieces.

Ryan McGuffie can't be fit, he was just going through the motions today, running up and down not going anywhere near the ball.

The defence is terrible. Smith knows exactly where to position himself every time, it's just a pity the legs have gone and he just messes up when he gets there.

Devoid of creativity, organisation and spirit - sums up our home form so far this season.

We need to start clearing out some of the rubbish and brining in better players.

It's this season's sigings which have particularly crippled us. Gardyne has already gone, McAnespie and Robinson should be the next to go.

Millar was by far our best player today, and we're losing him.

A new manager is needed.

8. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    just listening to it was like watching paint dry, i should have stayed in bed

9. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    how did jamie stevenson look today?

did he look fit? i've heard mcinally has been demanding he plays although from what i hear he isn't 100% fit.

10. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    He only played because Finlayson was suspended. It was his first start since november. He didn't look fully fit, but only in the sense that he hadn't started in a while, he certainly didn't look far from fully fit. I'd never think that McInally would play him if he wasn't fit, because he has rarely given him 90 minutes at the best of times!

He played at wing-back, which isway out of position, and at times it showed. Some creative touches here and there, but nothing much. Probably missing about a yard of pace since his return to the team.

11. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    gretna 0-3 morton
    great result:):):)

12. CaliforniaAlbanach

CaliforniaAlbanach New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Exeter, CA
    that was a good victory tonight, well done to all the Ton

13. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    morton have signed allan jenkins from gretna

14. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thank ******** for that. A great, great, great signing, and the type that we've been crying out for.

I can't begin to say how relieved I am that the chairman and manager are now walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

15. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    well, an hour left, are the ton gonna sign another?

16. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    morton 1-2 clyde
    clyde scores both late on, in injury time.
    mcinally must be gone now

17. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    I have no idea how that happened today. For 90 minutes Clyde didn't look remotely like they would score. Awful game of football. We started with a back 3, changed to a back 4 after about 15 minutes and then halfway through the second half switched back to a back 3. What do they do all week at training?

Jim McInally will be gone soon, almost 2 years too late.

18. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    and jim is gone

19. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    rowan alexander must be in the frame for this surely.

20. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i wonder what the morton fans on here have to say about the comments regarding their home support from their chairman douglas rae.

as for the new management team, jim duffy and peter grant working in tandem...?

21. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    there's too may topics on this on the ton board:rolleyes:

would be nice if neil warnock was still without a job, he likes morton:(

22. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i'm not asking the question in a derogatory manner or as a thinly veiled dig. i'm genuinely interested in what morton fans think about it.

23. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    they're not happy

24. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Now that's putting it lightly!

Dougie has a point about the fans. But a bigger point is the awful football we've suffered under Mcinally. Although I must be thicker-skinned or something, I remain unaffected by the chairman's 'slur'. The truth is that many Morton fans are happiest when they're moaning, but all fans are like that. Celtic fans, for example, for any amount of success they've had recently have always found excuses to criticise the management, even MoN got a hard time from many fans.

Some already don't want Jim Duffy,but he's probably as good a candidate as there is. They all have their downsides. Alan Moore is inexperienced at this level, and has only managed part-time players before. Rowan Alexander comes with a whole load of problems. John Robertson has been hit-or-miss.

25. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    and mortons new manager is ................................. Davie Irons.

ex-morton player Derek Collins will be his no.2

good news..?