Morton Season 07/08

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by alexp92, Jul 5, 2007.

1. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think the San Siro is hosting it this year, but UEFA probably picked them because of political reasons.

Italian scum :(

2. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hilarious

3. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    ******** off, skunk prick, away back on your quest for literacy and employment.

4. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    east stirling 0-4 morton, on to the semi finals.

5. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    And we'll play either the Saintees or the Hedge at home. Naw bad.

Would have preferred Ayr, mind.

6. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Lost 3-1 to St. Johnstone, deservedly so. Comical defending as usual. At least it was an entertaining game.

I missed the Dundee match due to laziness, but it sounds like we actually played OK there...

7. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    We looked like a relegation side tonight. There is some plus points, Jamie Stevenson, Jim McAlister, Jay Shields and Alex Walker all look like talented young players who could play a part in a good Morton team. But too many just aren't good enough. I was impressed by Robinson atfirst, he's an excellent shot-stopper, but he has no understanding with the defence, he flaps at the ball alot, and he looks like he wants to be an outfield player. Graham has some talent but is far from ready, Finlayson is one dimensional and can't cross, Weatherson is struggling with the step-up in defence (although he was OK tonight), Greacen is having some shaky games between good games.

But the main problem isn't what we have, it's what we lack. Talented, experienced players.

Not even seeing Stuart Cosgrove at Cartsdyke station having to listen to certain Morton fans moaning about McInally could cheer me up...

8. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    morton take on accies this saturday away, will be an interesting result

9. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    You'll get humped. We only managed to beat Accies 1-0 in a friendly the other week, they must be far too good for the 1st division.:D

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    loosing 1-0 is hardly getting humped, and from what i hear, it should have been 1-1, after some terrible reffing

11. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    I suppose it's no disgrace. I hear the circumstances surrounding the "equaliser" were very dodgy. Unlucky.

Anyone there?

12. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    great result on the road today after throwing away all 3 points last saturday

QOS 1-3 Morton

13. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Morton face the biggest test of their season so far when they travel to Bayview tonight to face the might of East Fife in a friendly.

Will the rampant Fifers give their second string a run out or subject Morton to the full terror of a side which proudly boasts a home record of : P-6, W-6, D-0, L-0, GF-24, GA-2.

Ton boss Jim McInally said, "This is our cup final, the players know that. If we go out to attack, we know they can rip us to shreds so we'll have to adopt a cautious approach and hope to weather the hurricane and nick a goal from a set piece or something."

14. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    have you started hitting the bottle two days early...? :)

15. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Drunk on excitement!:)

With the 3rd division title in the bag, all I need is a Scotland win and the footballing gods will be smiling on me.

Oh, and I'm sure Jim was thinking something along those lines.

Morton won 2-1 btw, apparently they were qute lucky.

16. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    morton vs dundee
    i forgot about this thread

17. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Morton 0 Dundee 2

18. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    have a feeling dundee is going up

19. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    THought that myself, even when Hamilton had a big lead.

20. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Dundee are the best team in the league IMO, and Kevin McDonald is probably the best player in the league, he's an absolute stand-out at this level (only just turned 19 as well).

Gordon, how's Bobby Linn getting on?

21. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Really well. He didn't have the best of games against Dumbarton on Saturday, missed a few decent chances but has been playing well. He's definitely a stand out in this division although most of our players are to be honest. I'd like it if he was more of a goalscorer but I suppose we're just getting goal greedy at the moment. How was he getting on at Morton before he came to us?

I'd be pleased to see him extend his loan or get him signed, I think we're going to put a bid in for him. What do you think the chances are of McInally letting him go.

22. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    He's never had a real chance with us, and he never quite seemed to catch the pace of the game in the little opportunities he did have. He hasn't had the best year off the field, and he hasn't ever looked fully fit, but I still rate him quite highly, and he's only 22. I'm certain he'd be a successful player at Morton if given the chance.

But I doubt he'll be given the chance, and imo if East Fife pay about £15k they'll get him.

23. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Chris Millar has signed a pre-contract with St Johnstone. I'm gutted but this one has been coming for a long time...

24. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    but it looks like a premier league signing is coming to morton

25. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    partick 1-1 morton
    mcalister the goalscorer for the ton