Moreirense FC x Sporting CP | Liga NOS 18/19 | 1ªJ

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 7, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    GOLOOOOO 3-1

What a pass by Bruno fernandes and a beautiful chip by the Dutchman

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    3-1 final.

Game was unlocked when Raphinha and Jovane came in. Lots to work on but a win to start the season is important.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani is too slow to be on the wing

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol he tweeted during the game, saying there are things he doesnt understand... obviously referring to not being called.

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Real bad game tbh. Defense made too many mistakes and midfield couldnt hold possession. Lots of starters wouldnt make our competitors bench.

Then again, considering the shambles bdc left this club in, this is a miracle. We all know this is destined be long season.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    At least we got Bas Dost and Bruno Fernandes back. You know, the two that scored and assisted the goals today.

Cintra said post-match that we are still looking for 2 forwards and a midfielder, but we wouldn't bring anyone that wouldn't bring additional quality. We've been linked today to Carlos Bacca.

As for Matheus, Peseiro reacted post-match and said that the players that make the bench must be determined to help the team, playing with determination. It's been one of the player's failings, as much talent as he has, the last pre-season game showed he needs to be less individualistic and more of a team player.

natenate101 repped this.
  7. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I have a feeling this is going to be one of those seasons where we get a bunch of draws...... Any win this year should be celebrated no matter how we get it!

:D

natenate101 repped this.
  8. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    True. And some people wanted him in the NT...FS may have made quite a few wrong decisions for the WC 2018 but not this one

9. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    This was a tough game. Sporting is destroyed. Gelson, William, Coentrão, Rui Patrício are really missed. Petrovic is aweful, Ristovski isn't much better, Nani is really on the descending phase. Sousa Cintra will sign much needed #6 and also a right back

10. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He was our most important player in winning the euro just two years earlier. Better than quaresma.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno Fernandes the man of the match, 1 goal and a sublime assist for the 3rd, but he also ran back numerous times to recover the ball.

Great to see Dost bag 2 goals. I feel this team just needs a confidence boost. Hopefully we have a good performance at home vs Setubal to boost our levels for the derby at the Luz.

Petrovic and Acuna were awful. We should throw Acuna at LB at this point, I'd play Raphinha any day. Petrovic cannot be our starting mid with Battaglia, Cintra said we would be signing another midfielder (other than Sturaro) - with Wendel not called up, I feel he may be leaving.

natenate101 repped this.
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fernandes was amazing. Imagine this team if Cintra didnt manage to bring him back.

natenate101 repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So effing glad we get to see him continue to play for Sporting, dude is a gamer. Dost too, his passion gets me hyped. Midfield needs to be sorted out though, Bruno needs help. I'm relying on highlights again this season as Sportv isn't available for any reasonable cost. If anyone know a good place to find full match download, please share. Thanks.

14. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We won a game with Petrovic starting in midfield..

May aswell just hand us the title now

SCP21 repped this.
  15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    :ROFLMAO:

16. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you only see this against SCP.

17. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cabral really impressed me. I hope this kid has a proper head on his shoulders.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Unlike Matheus. If he's gonna whine everytime he gets sent to the stands we should sell him now. We need determined players not players that havent done anything and think they are superstars.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    TO be fair, Mattheus has been through a lot of bullshit with SCP. Got dicked around by JJ, still stuck around and has been one of our better performers int he pre-season. Leaving him out for slow ass Nani is retarded.

Also retarded is loaning Pahlinha for 2 years and keeping dog shit like Petrovic.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe Jesus was right, he could not be fully devoted to the team. In the game against Empoli he was playing stupid.

And while its a mystery how Petrovic keeps staying on this team earning a fat paycheque, Palhinha did nothing to convince anyone either.

heavy1981 repped this.
  21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    People keep bringing up Empoli, but leave out every other pre season game when hr was one of our better players. Odd.

I dont agree with his attitude, but he shoulsnt have been left out. Thats bad player management right at the start of the season.

SCP_16 repped this.