More proof of the myth that is Bosta Juniors.

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by CaCTuS[14DT], Sep 6, 2002.

1. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000
    Ran across an interesting study done down in Argentina with the sole intention of finding the "most loyal" hinchada. And conversely the least loyal as well. They considered a wide range of aspects (if games are at night, if its against your primary rival, if Maradona is playing, if there has been violence, etc..etc..) to help understand just how the attendance figures translate to club loyalty.

As is no surprise... the myth perpetrated by the newspapers was exposed for what it is... A LIE. To cut to the chase:

Most Loyal Fans (only 1st Division):
    1. Talleres
    2. Banfield
    3. Chacarita Jrs
    4. Colon
    5. Lanus
    6. Estudiantes
    7. Huracan
    8. Newell's Old Boys

The LEAST Loyal....
    1. San Lorenzo (ha ha...)
    2. Rosario Central
    3. Velez Sarsfield
    4. bosta juniors
    5. Argentinos Juniors
    6. River Plate
    7. Racing
    8. Gimnasia LP
    9. Independiente

The first point is that what really they are measuring is consistancy in turn out, especially when results go against your team (ehem...bosta). The big teams suffer more of these swings (it's measuring fan loyalty "volatility") because on a good day they fill a 60,000 seat stadium, but then have an off week and draw only their real supporters. Only Huracan made the list of most loyal out of the so called Big 6.

Some direct quotes from the study:

"Interpretando los resultados obtenidos, vemos que al bajar posiciones en el campeonato la mayoría de los clubes sufre de una disminución en la recaudación. San Lorenzo de Almagro, Rosario Central, Boca Juniors, Racing y Gimnasia (La Plata) muestran mayor volatilidad (menor lealtad) que sus respectivos rivales Huracán, Newell’s Old Boys, River Plate, Independiente y Estudiantes (La Plata). En particular, puede observarse que San Lorenzo y Boca Juniors, contrariando a la creencia popular, muestran alta volatilidad."

Plus it says that loyalty measured purely on tickets also rules in our favor. If you look at their "recaudacion", which is what the papers historically always put in the game stats, bosta makes more money per game on average than we do. This of course, is because we have way more socios (once it was twice as many as they did...some 60,000), and they do not pay for home games. So what happens? When bosta is doing well, their recaudacion goes way up because these are people who only go when they do well. In this aspect, we are not much better...but better still. Conversely though, if you look at the amount of tickets used (including those not payed for, ie. socios), the figures tip way in our favor which means the bottom line is... REGARDLESS OF HOW THE TEAM IS DOING, WE ARE MORE LOYAL THAN THE BOSTEROS. ENOUGH OF THE MYTH. BOSTERO AMARGO, NO EXISTIS!

To read the entire report:
    http://www.lanacion.com.ar/coberturaespecial/apertura2002/hinchas/imgs/trabajo.pdf

2. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    this thing is pure crap... and your so great river is nothing more than boca... its just a little lower than boca....

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is a ridiculous study. What they don't take into account is that teams like Talleres and Chacarita have just a few fanatical fans. Boca has more fanatical fans but in addition has many more casual fans. So when you do a survey the fanatism gets dilluted. The true fans who are most loyal get classified together with the many casual fans who are not fans at all but say they follow Boca because it is a popular team, and go to see them occasionaly just to have a distraction. Probably the same happens to some extent with River, Racing, Independiente, San lorenzo etc. That is why all the most popular teams are in the 'worst' list and the little teams are in the 'best' list.

If anybody has any doubts, go to 'la bombonera' to 'la popular' and then draw your own conclusion. If you manage to survive, then compare what you saw in person with the moronic study.

I think true Boca fans are the most loyal, but it is not our fault that the team also is the most popular among the casual fans.

4. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    agree... i think that this river fan is envy...

5. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000
    Of what?? What I am saying is that since bosta can't be as successful as River, the media invents this bullsh!t that they are the most loyal fans in the world..bla bla bla... it's a ***************ing lie.

And what "bolivian soccer fan" says is funny. The study makes it quite clear that what they are studying are averages, not static numbers. Of course the big teams get more fans...but when they break it down by the appropriate ratios, it's clear that the smaller teams have a more consistant following. Why is this so hard to admit? Ahhhh because it goes against the greatest of Argentine Lies, which is the "greatness" (in their own mind) of bosta. If they truly are so loyal, they should be able to fill up that 3/4 size stadium they have week in week out. But sadly, being a bosta fan is more about image than substance.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    my 2cents (in pesos)!

from the outside:

I enjoy both teams, I know is like a SIN... I am suposed to heat one or the other, but both fit my likes.....

accomplishments? well- without looking at more numbers and stats, I will venture to say that both teams are the most well-known clubs in the continent and top 10 in the world....
    the best conmebol has to show for.
    I will be a casual fan, but in a clasico, I pull for 4 or 5 goals, do not ccare who takes the 3pts, I just want to see the circo around the game and good futbol

I embrace both teams and follow them since the great efforts made to promote colombians, thanks to bianchi and pelado diaz

7. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    YYYYYAAAAAAWWWWNNNNNN....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

8. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000
    Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you... El Pampa Sosa. (wake up)

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    traduccion?

o solamente trolling the forum

10. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    On today's Western Union Football they have a piece on La Doce. Worth checking out if you have MSG or FSW/E.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hehe. I had heard the media blamed for a lot of things, but this is the first time that I hear the media being blamed for the great popularity of Boca Juniors.

You still don't get it, Gallina. Boca is the most popular among the true fans and also among the casual fans. As you say, they are studying averages, so since we have so many more casual fans, it averages against the most loyal fans. Thus, it may seem to an uneducated person who reads the study that the true fans are less loyal.

But that is the greatness of Boca. It captures both the true fans and the casual fans. It is true that we have more casual fans than River. Even people who don't care much about football are fans of Boca, because Boca is the team of the people.

12. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    tienes que entender que boca es el equipo de los pobres. como va ir un cada domingo al estadio. es eso o comida.

la12 es lo mas grande que hay

13. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

HAHAHAHAHAHA... this is fun

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    grande?

despues del equipo del pueblo

www.elequipodelpueblo.com

ver REXIXTENXIA NORTE!

15. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... esta gente esta muy chistosa hoy....

16. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000
    Exactly. People who don't care about football follow boca. People who blindly follow a drug addict like Maradona, follow boca.

Which greatness is it exactly that bosta excells at again?

Most international trophies? Nope. Independiente.

Most local championships? Nope. RIVER PLATE

Most loyal fans? Apparently not...you just admitted yourself that people who don't even follow football follow boca...and that the amount of casual fans makes your percentage inaccurate in the study.

Come on. The way they talk about bosta in the press you'd think they would be able to fill 3 bomboneras (roughly equivalent to slightly less than 2 Monumentals!) every weekend, when in fact they struggle to fill the 3/4 stadium they have.

"Soy Millonario por las glorias alcanzadas.... No como otros que son hinchas de su hinchada."

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Head to head, mano a mano, the Superclasico, Boca Juniors vs. River Plate. Which team has won more superclasicos?

A) Boca Juniors
    B) River Plate

And the answer is:

A) Boca Juniors

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why Boca has the most fans. The most loyal fans as well as the most casual fans. The most fans period. Enough said, son.

18. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    bueno quizas el mas grand en tu cabeza pero la mas grande de colombia es:

www.ldscuadrillasur.com
    por dios, viste el clasico, habian como 3,000 manes en norte.

19. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000

Gotcha... beating the best so often IS something to be proud of. Too bad that's all you can cling to.

20. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    that is all you have to cling to, they are the better team with the better fans. watch the MARADONA farewell game too. bet there were a lot of river fans in la bombonera that day.

21. CaCTuS[14DT]

CaCTuS[14DT] Red Card

Apr 2, 2000
    ha ha ha... yeah, right.

On the day of our centenary, FANS , acting on their own behalf and out of love for our club, organized themselves (with little help from the club) to march from downtown to the stadium. FANS came together to pitch in money and labor to make a 1km long River Plate flag. THAT is true loyalty. We'll see what the bosteros do for their centernary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    WOW... that is big... really BIG....

i never saw that trapo

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man! I have to admit that is impressive. Even though I obviously dislike the gallinas, I have to give them credit. It is that kind of passion that makes me proud to be un hincha del futbol Argentino.

Having said that, I think on the day of Boca's centenario all our fans should take that flag and use it as toilet paper.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    please discuss

25. HinchaDeRiver

HinchaDeRiver New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Chilltown
    Que Feo es ser bostero

Que feo ser bostero...
    Que feo es ser bostero boliviano