More Fox Soccer Coverage for Blues?

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by sandiegosoccer, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the SD Flash get more coverage when he was the coach? No

markmcf8 repped this.
  2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that a D3 team is suddenly going to get a lot of love from any TV network, excepting maybe Orlando.

On the upside, signing Barton shows that the Blues are serious, so that's good.

This has to indicate a money commitment. Let's hope that it extends beyond the 2013 season.

With the Phoenix Wolves and a team in Sacramento, it almost looks like a Western Division. Makes for a couple of shorter road trips anyway.

- Mark

3. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The end of the post said there are 13 USL Pro teams this season. Did they mean 11?

4. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    The end of the post read "There are currently 13 USL league teams for 2013 season.' With Phoenix and Tampa coming in, that's a true statement.

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only going to go beyond 2013 if you get considerably more butts in the seats.

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Hmm, with the MLS-USL merger, would the LA Blues get 5 players from the Galaxy and 5 from Chivas USA?

7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Their future is so bright they will have to wear shades ;)

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems likely.

Clearly, the team has money behind it. The question really is how much money are they willing to lose, year after year? I don't know what the solution is, or how to get more fans out to the stadium. Clearly, advertising, and media exposure must be part of that, but again, those are expenses.

Of course, they just hired the new GM and a new coach. And there may be this MLS-USLPro working relationship. So we'll see.

I dislike everything about el-lay, but even so, I hope that the Blues remain in business. I want to see the game continue to grow in the US, and that includes the lower divisions.

- Mark

9. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    There was an article about the owners before last season. It's a husband and wife and they said they had three seasons in them if 2012 ans 2013 were like 2011 (paraphrasing). They said all the stuff we say here.

It shouldn't be too hard to find in this thread.