Monterrey proposes changes to CONCACAF

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by RRS94, May 25, 2011.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the best 3rd idea.

I really like the new system.

8 groups of 4 would be nice, but we do not have enough good teams for that. Maybe in 10 – 15 years.

2. haitifrancepsg

haitifrancepsg New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Torcy, Île-de-France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This system is quite good but i think it's quite unjust concerning the allocations

3. tomreel555

tomreel555 New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't like the choosing of the dates by the team with the most points, purely from a scheduling perspective. As a fan I want to see the hosts of each game know when their home game is going to be so that they can sell tickets and ensure the fullest possible crowd. You want the dates to all be set in stone so that the front office can put their marketing plan in place immediately without any downtime.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do believe their choice is between playing on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with in the same pre-determined week.

5. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Scheduling is certainly a bit of a b-tch.

Between July 20 and Aug. 6, TFC is playing six matches including the Tues Aug 2 away match in Esteli, Nicaragua to which they will be flying directly from Portland (a 6.5 hour flight). They'll also have to deal with a minimum two hour bus drive from Managua to Esteli.

But hey, whatcha gonna do.

Part of me is chuckling thinking of Koevermans and Frings (not to mention Richard Eckersley) and what they must be thinking having found out that they are going to be playing a match in Nicaragua.

That is something they never would have dreamt of. I'm not denigrating Nicaragua btw.